TR-116B goes from Account Bound to Character Bound if equipped more than once

mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Tribble ticket ID #46,776.

Starting conditions:
Player already has 2 weapons equipped.

STR:
1. Acquire TR-116B
2. Equip TR-116B by double-clicking on it from the Inventory window to swap it for the player's primary weapon (Warning appears stating item will become bound; TR-116B becomes Account Bound)
3. Swap TR-116B for a different weapon by double-clicking a different weapon in the Inventory window to trade it with the TR-116B
4. Double-click on the TR-116B in the Inventory to re-equip it again

Actual result:
Another warning appears stating that the rifle will become bound, but it is already bound. The rifle becomes Character bound.

Expected result:
The rifle is already account-bound. It should not become "more bound" than it already is.

I doubt that the specific model matters, but it's a [TR-116B Rifle - Sniper Rifle Mk XII [CritD] [Dmg] [ShPen]x4]

Joined January 2009
Finger wrote:
Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello? Bueller?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    The TR-116B in the R&D system is Character Bind on Equip. My best guess is that the one you had was an older version that got updated to the newer version.
    STO QA Team
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello? Bueller?

*smacks bob* you know not to bump btw
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 241 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    The TR-116B in the R&D system is Character Bind on Equip. My best guess is that the one you had was an older version that got updated to the newer version.

If the TR-116B, which has been available for just under two months now, and has been Account Bound on Equip since it was released ingame on July 21st, are all other unique school items going to be made Character Bound aswell? Such as the Particle Exciter Consoles, Omni Beams, Wide Arc DHC, etc? Quite a bit of a leap backwards for those of us who have quite a few toons and can't afford to get one for each toon.

I was under the impression that ALL gear from the new crafting system was Account Bound, is this changing?
    ffluoti63bi9.png
    edited September 2014

All R&D gear is Bind to Account (go ahead, take a look on Holodeck, I'll wait). The rifle in question was crafted last week so it is by no means 'old' unless you mean 'comes from the older holodeck code branch.' Are you saying this will be regressed in Delta Rising? You're about to make the playerbase even more angry than it already is if that's the case.
    askray wrote: »
    *smacks bob* you know not to bump btw

Eeep! :eek:

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 241 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    All R&D gear is Bind to Account (go ahead, take a look on Holodeck, I'll wait). The rifle in question was crafted last week so it is by no means 'old' unless you mean 'comes from the older holodeck code branch.' Are you saying this will be regressed in Delta Rising? You're about to make the playerbase even more angry than it already is.

Eeep! :eek:

I just tested with all of the other Special Crafting Gear.

The Following of the special crafting gear is now Char Bound on Equip:
    -Omni Directional Beams
    -Wide Arc DHC
    -Exciter Sci Consoles
    -Conductive RCS Accelerator Consoles
    -Particle Emission Plasma Torps
    -All of the Aegis Set
    -TR-116B

All of the standard gear is still Bind To Account on Equip
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    spencerb96 wrote: »

-Omni Directional Beams
    -Wide Arc DHC
    -Exciter Sci Consoles
    -All of the Aegis Set
    -TR-116B

Changes that suck. At least account bound they were more useful.
    edited September 2014
    spencerb96 wrote: »

-Omni Directional Beams
    -Wide Arc DHC
    -Exciter Sci Consoles
    -All of the Aegis Set
    -TR-116B

Thanks for the info. This has been written up and sent on to be fixed.
    STO QA Team
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the info. This has been written up and sent on to be fixed.

Hopefully they don't respond to your bug report with "As designed" or "Working as intended."

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is there an update to whether these Level 15 items (ie: TR-116B, Omni-Directional Beam Arrays) either:

1) Were meant to be Bind to Character but was a massive bug on Holodeck?

or

2) Bound to Character is the bug on Tribble and will be changed to Bound to Account on Tribble and kept that way on Holodeck?
  • bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    entnx01 wrote: »
    Is there an update to whether these Level 15 items (ie: TR-116B, Omni-Directional Beam Arrays) either:

1) Were meant to be Bind to Character but was a massive bug on Holodeck?

or

2) Bound to Character is the bug on Tribble and will be changed to Bound to Account on Tribble and kept that way on Holodeck?

It's #1. Emphasis added.
    edited September 2014
    These items are intended to be bound to account. There is a fix being made.
    STO QA Team
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2014

while you are on it, Can you find a way to change to account bound the old items like the tactical consoles (the old ones, no the fleet versions)?. In the past those items were character bound, then changed to account bound in some update, but those who were already bound weren't changed.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bazag wrote: »
    It's #1. Emphasis added.

okhay so...Is Bazag right or wrong? I'm just a simple farm boy trying to run with the Rebel Alliance here against the Death Star. I don't want it all to end too quickly because I eyeballed the wrong end of the gun while cleaning it.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    edited September 2014
    playhard88 wrote: »
    while you are on it, Can you find a way to change to account bound the old items like the tactical consoles (the old ones, no the fleet versions)?. In the past those items were character bound, then changed to account bound in some update, but those who were already bound weren't changed.

That would be rather cool; all the "normal" gear from back in the day before Bind to Account existed in STO.

thetanine wrote: »
    okhay so...Is Bazag right or wrong? I'm just a simple farm boy trying to run with the Rebel Alliance here against the Death Star. I don't want it all to end too quickly because I eyeballed the wrong end of the gun while cleaning it.

I don't see how you can get any more clear than what Frost said. Bazag was wrong. It was #2. Being bound to Character on Tribble is a bug. Crafted gear is intended to bind to account upon equip.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • generalklanggeneralklang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Good news? On the STO fourm? Somebody wake me up!

But seriously, yay! And thanks for the clear reply.
  • bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't see how you can get any more clear than what Frost said. Bazag was wrong. It was #2. Being bound to Character on Tribble is a bug. Crafted gear is intended to bind to account upon equip.

I've asked Frost for clarification via twitter but, for now, I'd go with me being wrong.

Both statements the one I quoted and the one that came afterwards, are straight forward and clear to me.

However not only is the later one more recent and thus more llikely to be accurate it was also seemingly in response to confusion, even my potential mis-reading of the situation.
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is very troubling. D: I'm not sure if it's safe to equip a TR-B or not with this bug in place..
    edited October 2014
    I believe this bug was fixed last month. You can safely double check this on the Tribble server before trying on Holodeck by repeating the steps in my OP.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • xionstrykexionstryke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I believe this bug was fixed last month. You can safely double check this on the Tribble server before trying on Holodeck by repeating the steps in my OP.
    TR-116B may be fixed, but the Aegis Set remains Character Bind on equip.
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Thanks, will do. :D