test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

7 of 9 looks really good for pushing 60.

centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Post edited by centersolace on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You know better, nanites slow the aging process
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yeah, enhanced longevity is simply logical. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Seven is in STO for the same reason she was in Voyager, to appeal to the prepubescent & adolescent teenage male,... her character sucked in Voyager and I'm not expecting much more in STO,...
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nanoprobes. :D

Also, my disappointment is, not her not aging, that's actually okay, because of the statement above, but the fact, that she's still wearing the ridiculous outfit. The least they could do, was to give her some dignity by giving her proper clothes. Also, is the poor woman still living in cargo-bay? <.<
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There are several women that look really good even at ages 50 and above. Jery Rian herself still looks pretty good.
    Moreover, I don't understand why people say that hot women are meant to appeal to teenagers. Do adult men dislike hot women? I don't.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Shame the same can't be said about Harry Kim. He looks to have gained weight while Neelix seems to have lost it.
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So glad to see her involved. She is really a wonderful lady.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    corelogik wrote: »
    Seven is in STO for the same reason she was in Voyager, to appeal to the prepubescent & adolescent teenage male,... her character sucked in Voyager and I'm not expecting much more in STO,...

Well I'm a TRIBBLE man and Seven is my favorite character from voyager and my boyfriends favorite character from trek in general. So she appeals to more then just horny teen boys.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There are several women that look really good even at ages 50 and above.

While it wasn't the case a generation ago, Asian women (particularly the Japanese) age VERY well today. You can find some 40 year olds who look like they are in their late 20s. And some 50+ ladies who look like they are still in their early 30s.
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So she appeals to more then just horny teen boys.

THIS! - She even appeals to other women :P !!!
    davidwford wrote: »
    While it wasn't the case a generation ago, Asian women (particularly the Japanese) age VERY well today. You can find some 40 year olds who look like they are in their late 20s. And some 50+ ladies who look like they are still in their early 30s.

THIS!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well I'm a TRIBBLE man and Seven is my favorite character from voyager and my boyfriends favorite character from trek in general. So she appeals to more then just horny teen boys.
    Not to be overly niptpicky, and you probably know this better than me, but just because you are TRIBBLE doesn't mean you're not a horny teen boy.

Not being a teen anymore would be a better indicator here. One could even call it a sufficient condition.

That said... No, sexy characters do not just exist for horny teens. They exist to appeal to (heterosexual) males. But that doesn't mean that there is all to it to the character. I think Jeri Ryan did a pretty good job in the role, and regardless what the original intention for the character was, she was fairly interesting. Though I still felt that some plots were repetitive, in like: Janeway: Don't do this thing. Seven: I don't listen. Janeway: You shouldn't have done that, but it turned out all right. Please listen better to me next time, however.
    AT least it felt to me that was how it often played out.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not to be overly niptpicky, and you probably know this better than me, but just because you are TRIBBLE doesn't mean you're not a horny teen boy.

True, but when talking about an attractive female character there is something of a difference between a hetro horny teen (or adult) and a TRIBBLE one.

The person I was originally quoting implied that her only appeal was TRIBBLE-bank material. For me and my bf that is obviously not the case.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    female mmo chatacters have anime ageing.
    which means;
    at 12 they look 16
    at 20 they look 16
    at 30 they look 18
    at 40 they look 18
    at 50 they look 20
    at 60 they look 25
    at 70 they look 30
    at 80 they look 300
    at 90 they look 400
    at 100 they look 1000
    at 1000 they look 5

Good point.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    which means;
    at 12 they look 16
    at 20 they look 16
    at 30 they look 18
    at 40 they look 18
    at 50 they look 20
    at 60 they look 25
    at 70 they look 30
    at 80 they look 300
    at 90 they look 400
    at 100 they look 1000
    at 1000 they look 5

I lol'd.

@ OP: Although I liked her character on VOY in principle, in the end she was the ultimate mary-sue and her "Borg modifications" could do literally *anything*. That's why she probably doesn't age, at all.

It's interesting that all characters we see from past shows still look they did "back then", yet Cryptic fails so miserably at implementing canon visuals from ships to uniforms or equipment in the game...
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I agree with previous posters in perceiving 7 of 9 was more of a machine in an attractive form rather as a woman. Her naivety, particularly on emotional human issues make me think of her as more of the 6 year old little girl that was assimilated rather than the 23 year old who joined Voyager.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Agreed, her old jumpsuit is just wrong for her.
    We already saw towards the end of Season 7 that she was experimenting and considering "normal" clothing.
    As her individuality and humanity continued to evolve over the years it would make sense for her to develop a fashion taste of her own.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The only things I will say about it is, I think that Cryptic were:

1) A little too "conservative" in her overall physique ... :D

2) Seven of Nine does NOT have a pot belly !!! :mad:
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe its just the lightning or the position but IMO unlike with the others her face does not look right.
    There are several women that look really good even at ages 50 and above. Jery Rian herself still looks pretty good.
    Moreover, I don't understand why people say that hot women are meant to appeal to teenagers. Do adult men dislike hot women? I don't.

Thats some kind of rule of cool for either pre-teens that want to play grown-up or ppl with some serious woman related inferiority complex that they have to hate-rave like lunatics whenever a picture, be it a photo or painted/sculptured art, of a attractive woman (even "worse" if its somehow sexy) is seen.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Seven of Nine does NOT have a pot belly !!! :mad:

I sure hope they don't do that.
    Thats some kind of rule of cool for either pre-teens that want to play grown-up or ppl with some serious woman related inferiority complex that they have to hate-rave like lunatics whenever a picture, be it a photo or painted/sculptured art, of a attractive woman (even "worse" if its somehow sexy) is seen.

Don't forget rabid women's lib types who get a bent out of shape just because some guy finds a woman to be attractive. The Se
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    which means;
    at 12 they look 16
    at 20 they look 16
    at 30 they look 18
    at 40 they look 18
    at 50 they look 20
    at 60 they look 25
    at 70 they look 30
    at 80 they look 300
    at 90 they look 400
    at 100 they look 1000
    at 1000 they look 5

I salute you, sir.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    corelogik wrote: »

You're one of the few that realizes what a terrible character she was, made worse by the fact that nearly every episode after her introduction focused on her. Even if she had been a good, or even great character, she was way overused.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wouldn't mind that 7 of 9 seemingly didn't age. But I mind that she has transformed her face to look like someone else.

I really don't recognise either 7 of 9 or Jeri Ryan in that blog, sadly. (Unlike with the good old Doctor.)

And yes, that suit wasn't necessary... (Actually, given that's all that reminds me of 7 of 9, it probably was necessary. :rolleyes: )
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I sure hope they don't do that.

Don't forget rabid women's lib types who get a bent out of shape just because some guy finds a woman to be attractive. The Se
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    lovegun154lovegun154 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It looks as if the doctor has aged for some reason. Also it's nice to see Tuvok finally got to promoted to Admiral after being in Starfleet for 117 years.
    Your Friendly, Semi-Casual, RP-savvy, KISS Fan, with a Half-Cardassian toon.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    lovegun154 wrote: »
    It looks as if the doctor has aged for some reason. Also it's nice to see Tuvok finally got to promoted to Admiral after being in Starfleet for 117 years.

Yes, I would consider his "aged" look to be an "upgrade". Perhaps he decided it was necessary to cultivate the "wise old sage" look as his evolving program makes him less artificial and more.....organic is not the answer, but you get the idea.

Kind of why I don't understand Brent Spiner's insistence on Data's death in Nemesis. One of his relatives could play that character in the future, and explain the character's changed look as an "upgrade" to his exoskeleton. Old parts need to be replaced over time, and that can easily account for cosmetic changes on the surface.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Kind of why I don't understand Brent Spiner's insistence on Data's death in Nemesis. One of his relatives could play that character in the future, and explain the character's changed look as an "upgrade" to his exoskeleton. Old parts need to be replaced over time, and that can easily account for cosmetic changes on the surface.

Why a relative? Anyone could play a future Data. All the panels were simply replaced (there's a myriad of reasons why such a change might be made: upgrade, testing, trying a 'new' personality, ... -> could also lead to interesting crew dynamics between old friends where one looks unlike what he's remembered).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Looking forward to some great monologues from her.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè