test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Copy tool/page

qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Tribble - Bug Reports
The drop down list of characters on http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto is not long enough or is being cut off by the banner at the bottom of the page. It shows at most the names of 8 characters. I have 11 that I would potentially be able to copy to the test servers (Tribble, in this specific case). The drop down list cannot be scrolled, and cannot be navigated further with arrow keys (as most can). This issue occurs in current versions of IE 11, Firefox, and the Arc browser itself.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Have this Bug too have more then 13 Chars at Level 50 and only can copy 8 of them to Tribble and none of this 8 is Romulan

I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
    and told me that my original name was taken. not lyed but Cryptic told us that they reserved the original names but why then we can still not get now ower old names back
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The most obnoxious thing about this? I went to the site support page to file a bug report, under Tech Support, Forums/Website. That is, after all, where the problem lies. Here was their first response:
    Thank you for contacting us. I understand that you encountered an issue related to the Public Test Shards (PTS), however, due to the nature of these servers and its purpose, we do not provide support for the PTS. Instead, we highly encourage all PTS related reports to be posted in the appropriate forums which I've listed below for your convenience.

Followed by links to this bug forum. Exasperated, I explained (again) that the issue was not ON the PTS, it was an issue with the webpage the character copy tool is on. Their next response?..
    Thank you for that information.

We understand that you are having issues with the copying your character to PTS. As previously mentioned, we do not provide support for the PTS this includes copying of character from the main server to PTS. We highly encourage all PTS related issues to be posted on the related forums below:

With the same useless links, of course.

I don't know where their site support is; outsourced or internal. But every one of them needs extensive training in English reading comprehension... at the very least.

Just to be PERFECTLY CLEAR here to anyone (hopefully an actual, qualified tech person at Cryptic's end*) that reads this: the issue is that the character copy tool WEBPAGE does not allow me to see a full list of characters. It has NOTHING to do with the characters not showing up on the PTS after a copy request is made. It has NOTHING to do with any characters that successfully get copied. The page itself does not allow me to access all characters, preventing me from even initiating the copy process in the first place.

*Yeah, I know... a bit of a stretch.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Press the tab key several times when you open the dropdown to get to your other characters. Or install this:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16406031#post16406031
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16775291#post16775291

Yes it sucks that PWE's web team is too inept to fix a simple CSS bug, but at least we have workarounds.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited September 2014
    Yes it sucks that PWE's web team is too inept to fix a simple CSS bug, but at least we have workarounds.

Correction: PWE's web team is too inept (or lazy) to realize that this is their issue to deal with. Not sure how I could have simplified the explanation any more for them, short of drawing pictures.
    edited September 2014
    I did send them a support ticked too but they only said more or less i should write it here in the forum nothing more

and i dont try any 3rd party tool to fix this i dont want to lose my STO Acc

and that when i post here someting i get this No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator is ... so Craptic or Bugtic from Cryptic
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I discovered that the characters in the drop down list reflect your last logged in characters on holodeck. Thus I was able to workaround this further failing of the PWE web team by logging in and out of my desired character first and then checking the character copy page (force a cache refresh if it doesn't change, ctrl+f5).

Hope that helps.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you are using Firefox, you can go to the Character Transfer Page by clicking the link below.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/sto

Make sure you are logged in (Top Right Corner of the Page) before continuing...

On your Firefox browser, select View / Page Style / No Style and scroll down the page. You will see the complete list of your characters on your logged in account.

Near the bottom, you will see a few lists... The first being your characters.

Please choose Character and Server!
    Character
    Selectdown

Character Name

Just click on your desired character and go down to the next list...

Server
    Selectdown

Tribble
    Redshirt

A couple spaces below the server list will be a Copy! link. Just click on that link and you're done.

When you're done, click on View / Page Style / Basic Page Style and everything will revert to normal.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    edited September 2014
    not working!!!

on Crome
    on Firefox
    and the Arc Client not working TRIBBLE well

It always only shows 8 of my Level 50 Cpt and i have much more.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Tab Key. Use it.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited September 2014
    Tab key right ty that was working in Arc Client then it shows a full list
    edited September 2014
    Will second the thanks regarding the tab key, worked fine.

re: the Firefox suggestion, Firefox had the same issue for me as IE11 and the Arc browser.

re: the suggestion about recent character logins affecting the list order, the order of my characters listed on the copy tool has no relationship to the order I've logged in to various characters. In fact, the order shown on the copy tool page never changes, regardless of what characters I've logged in to, lately.

re: Cryptic/PWE website support, still my next vote for "Worst Customer Support in an MMO". My experiences with STO have been pale shadows of those I've encountered with Swordsman. Never. Again.