test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion for omega rep

marcel314marcel314 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Reputation System
The taskforce omega rep is the only rep without special space weapons.
Romulan rep got romulan plasma.
Tholian got refracting tetyrons for space and sonic/ap for ground.
The dyson rep got protonic polaron.
The undine rep got bio molecular phaser and disruptor weapons.

And then we got omega with ground antiproton weapon.

In first contact we saw how a tommy gun killed 2 borg drones and in sto melee is quiete effective too. The new tr rifle kills borg better than the maco and omega set weapons.
Even in space we got already a kinetic energy weapon, the kcb which performs pretty good vs borg since their are mainly health.

My suggestion is too make space railgun weapons.
Their unique (passive) proc would be:
35% less damage vs shield
25% shield peneration , 7.5% against players
20% extra damage against borg

+ 2 weapon mods like the other space weapons
Post edited by marcel314 on

Comments

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Taskforce Omega has the Kinetic Cutting Beam and the Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher.

Both existed prior to the introduction of the Omni-Directional Antiproton Beam Array and the Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher.
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's actually a massive slap in the face because you could use prototype drops and BNPs to buy all the major damage types in purple mk XII quality with [borg] proc's on them. Even if the borg didn't work, you're sacrificing a single proc but still getting a damn good piece of weaponry. You could outfit your entire ship with NO dil cost. Now the current rep stores are absurd. I tried to switch to romplas recently and they want 32K dil PER WEAPON.

So:

1) Put the space gear BACK into omega rep. That's where it all began. It ought to be there.

2) Lower the price on all rep store items. NONE of it should charge you dil. It should all take marks or elite marks (whatever that rep uses). None of it should take dilithium.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's actually a massive slap in the face because you could use prototype drops and BNPs to buy all the major damage types in purple mk XII quality with [borg] proc's on them. Even if the borg didn't work, you're sacrificing a single proc but still getting a damn good piece of weaponry. You could outfit your entire ship with NO dil cost. Now the current rep stores are absurd. I tried to switch to romplas recently and they want 32K dil PER WEAPON.

So:

1) Put the space gear BACK into omega rep. That's where it all began. It ought to be there.

2) Lower the price on all rep store items. NONE of it should charge you dil. It should all take marks or elite marks (whatever that rep uses). None of it should take dilithium.

I could've sworn I saw new rep weapons in the omega store still have [borg] on them. I thought they killed that modifier a year ago, is it now fixxed ? Now that I think about it it, I opened a rep box last night that had [borg] weapon in it.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    johnthomas00johnthomas00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    I could've sworn I saw new rep weapons in the omega store still have [borg] on them. I thought they killed that modifier a year ago, is it now fixxed ? Now that I think about it it, I opened a rep box last night that had [borg] weapon in it.

I just checked, ground weapons not space are in the omega rep store.
  • Options
    frontierplanetsfrontierplanets Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I second this proposal. There should be both space railgun weapons (cannons analogue) and ground kinetic weapons (restricted to compression pistols, full auto rifles, sniper rifles, blast assaults, pulsewave assaults, and miniguns, of course), that aren't as effective as the TR-116B, but still formidible. After all, there's a time and a place where kinetic weapons are most effective, and not every species in the cosmos is going to use energy weapons. #logic #hardscience :cool:
    For best results, read my posts in the voice of Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness.

*busts down your door while wearing a Starfleet uniform*
    Time to boldy go, losers.
    #this is how you SHOULD collect your crew from shore leave
  • Options
    gp86gp86 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just read it in the recent news.

MKXIII and MKXIV gears will be coming...i really hope they will be let us upgrade all of the current space sets to MKXIV for either automaticly upgraded (free) or to be upgraded for a small fee like - corresponding space set (all piece! not 1) + 50 marks+ 2 or 3 implant or injector...ect + some credit + and a very small amount of dillitium (no more than what we are able to refine a day...ERGO max 8K dill).:)

Hope they will make it this way. And i think everyone hopes so for this...after all if we have mkxiv gear sets then clearly our current mkxii set will be almost usless (and so much for grinding to it).:mad:
  • Options
    pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Won't help the omega rep launcher unless they repair it though.
    Five charges is fine and all, but the whole "infinite ammo" issue was only problematic without the 1.5s GCD that still isn't counted in its DPS (actual dps 1/4 of listed)

Infinite but low (and kinetic type vs shields) damage "omega cannon" or five rapid fire torpedoes with an actual 0.5s cooldown (protip: 2s is not 0.5s). PICK ONE. Right now the thing's got the worst of both worlds!