test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If Devs want content tested...

captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
then do not make it a such a grind on Tribble to level up! It's a test environment not the Real Pay-Grind-TimeGate2Win scenario. Really enjoy the game and great job on content just come on guys.
CibJ7qu.jpg?1
Post edited by captainkron on

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Was the same with the last rep. I found out later that the Undine shield proc didn't scale with skill. If I had known that, I would have called out the devs to boost it. but it was too late.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Was the same with the last rep. I found out later that the Undine shield proc didn't scale with skill. If I had known that, I would have called out the devs to boost it. but it was too late.

He was talking about level grinding, as in going from 50 to 60. It's a much slower process than Level 1-50.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    He was talking about level grinding, as in going from 50 to 60. It's a much slower process than Level 1-50.

It's the same principal. If you're going to open the test server to test things like the new missions, then they shouldn't be XP locked, or at the very least it shouldn't take a million years to get there.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They wont numbers to see how long new grinds take thats why they dont let u grind them faster on tribble
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If the devs wanted content to be properly tested, they'd have allowed every potential tester to test it in the first place. :rolleyes:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's a nightmare. There just isn't enough content on tribble to be able to grind up to even lvl 51 in a reasonable amount of time. I suppose it would be a lot more tolerable if one had a group of close friends who could be relied upon to run things as a team (PVE queues etc).
    I have never seen a pve queue pop on tribble due to a lack of players. This leaves the story missions, some repeatables and the sector space defense stuff. The story missions give something like 4k experience for the first run, then 2k or so for every run after that. The others give much much less.
    Even going up 1 level on 1 toon is a slog at the moment.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    then do not make it a such a grind on Tribble to level up! It's a test environment not the Real Pay-Grind-TimeGate2Win scenario. Really enjoy the game and great job on content just come on guys.

while they should fill in more stuff, i get the reasons behind say, making the reps need to be ground out. It forces people into the new queues over and over,and allows more bugs to be found from sheer weight of numbers
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Tribble is a preview server for gold subbers

Paid Beta isnt for testing
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Lol, that is a can of worms that will make it into Holodeck completely untested. Wait until those bugs come crawling out from those specialization trees.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Tribble is a preview server for gold subbers

Paid Beta isnt for testing

which explains precisely why i share everything i find on public channels :D:D
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The other thing with the slow level grind is that it's only the first phase of the new leveling. Geko stated that anyone leveling to 51 or beyond will just have to redo their characters when the specialization trees come in because they'll be bugged up. I'm sure once the trees are in, they'll probably adjust the numbers.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Lol, that is a can of worms that will make it into Holodeck completely untested. Wait until those bugs come crawling out from those specialization trees.
    To be honest, even when they are reported, bugs comes into holodeck. Remember all those bugs with LoR...

As it is right now, I will not test the lvl51 and above missions, since I don't want to do mindless grinding on a beta server. Provide me enough xp, and I'll test the mission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    To be honest, even when they are reported, bugs comes into holodeck. Remember all those bugs with LoR...

As it is right now, I will not test the lvl51 and above missions, since I don't want to do mindless grinding on a beta server. Provide me enough xp, and I'll test the mission.

S10 should be 100% bug squashing and quality control focused, because the bug problem has reached new heights. Anyway, we'll still be grinding R&D and levels from the looks of it.