test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help w/Mirror Ha'nom Cannon Build for CC

rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Romulan Discussion
I know, I know...Sci ships shouldn't equip energy weapons. However, after trying various play styles - all torps up front, mix of torps/beams, all cannons/turrets - I've found the latter to be the most effective for a CC-focused build. Combined with GW3 and TBR2, I'm able to "herd" spheres and BOPs in ESTF missions while pummeling them with a stream of CSV1 fire.

Here's the build so far:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=rckhanomrev1_0

Note: I'm just starting my rep grind, and most of my gear is blue Mark 11 or 12 stuff I could grab from Exchange for minimal EC. The only exceptions are the Polaron DHCs/Turrets, which were only "Account" bound and thus I could move them over from my seasoned, full-repped Fed Tac toon.

So...questions;

1. What am I doing "wrong" with the above build? And know that I did try all torps - 3x Plasma's up front with TS2. Most of the time I found myself staring impotently at approaching targets while waiting for TS2 to come off of CD - and even then, the damage wasn't enough to make a serious dent in most ESTF NPCs.

2. When I was assembling this Skill Planner, the page controls offered me an option of a "Overcharged Solanae Singularity Core." Does such a thing exist? If so, is it available from one of the missions, like the rest of the Solanae gear? Which mission?

Bottom Line: I really want to make an effective Sci build so I can help my HoBO brothers to PUNISH THE FEDS in Ker'rat, et al. However, much of the "advice" I've received so far is either a) ineffective or b) assumes I"m made of EC/Dil/Zen. :(

Feedback appreciated...

RCK
Post edited by rck01 on

Comments

• Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm not a PVPer, so this might not be the best.
    Looking at your skills and gear, you only have flow caps in skills to boost science stuff, and part gen from the solanae deflector. TBR won't do much pushing of things, but should still give some damage. Without skill points in countermeasure systems, your scramble sensors will be extremely weak. Do a 1 v 1 with a buddy and ask him how effective scramble sensors is on him, I don't think it's going to be effective enough.
    What to replace it with? Since you have points in flow caps, drop HE3 to HE2 and try using tykens rift or keep HE3 and use energy siphon 1 instead of scramble sensors. Siphon only drops opponents power levels a few points, but you'll probably get way more power coming to you. On the other hand, tykens rift shares cool down with grav well, but deflector DOFFs can help reduce remaining cooldowns on them, which might make it useful, especially if you aren't alone with sending out grav wells.

If you want to go for a heavy drain build, siphon and tykens mixed with a grav well and 3 purple deflector DOFFs can make things interesting.

Again, I'm not good at PvP, so I could be totally out in left field too with those suggestions.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I do not play PvP at all, however, I have read that putting together a drain build is rather difficult because there are ways to counter energy drain and it is rather difficult to completely drain power from a ship. You need to use a lot of drain abilities which means you need energy siphon and Tyken's Rift. You need to retrain you captain skills because you have nothing devoted to Graviton Generators (for gravity well) and Particle Generators (for both gravity well and tyken's rift). Additionally, you should max out Flow Capacitor to get the most out of energy drain abilities / weapons / consoles.

Do not devote anything to attack patterns because the limited tactical stations onboard a Ha'nom. You need to focus on Tactical Team and an energy or torpedo ability depending on your weapons. Do not bother allocating anything to Driver Coil because that just basically improves your sector space travel speed which might be okay for a low level toon, but for a max level toon, it does not serve any purpose. At max level the fastest speed you can travel using non-rep singularity or warp engines is warp 9.97 whether you have 9 points or zero points devoted to Driver Coil. Because the Feds will be getting a few more cloaked ships with Delta Rising, you should consider devoting some points to Starship Sensors. Also, because science abilities are dependent on auxiliary power, it is recommended that you devote at least 3 points to that Auxiliary Performance.

You should buy the Tier 3 Vandal destroyer for 1,000 Zen to get the Plasmonic Leech. All KDF and KDF aligned toons will be able to claim that console compared to Fed and Fed aligned toons who need purchase the Plasmonic Leech from the Exchange for 30 million to 40 million ECs. Since the console will be bound to the specific character rather than the account, if you want a Plasmonic Leech for all your Fed toons then each toon must purchase their own from the Exchange. There are three reasons to get that console:

#1 - Increases overall energy capabilities.
    #2 - Drained power gets added to your ship and is affected by Flow Capacitor.
    #3 - Acts as a counter measure. It is very likely your Fed opponent has devoted resources to get their own Plasmonic Leech. If you are both draining power from each other, then you both basically negate any advantages the Plasmonic Leech provides.

Speaking of the Fed...

You are very likely going to go up against very seasoned PvP players who have either devoted the time and/or money on getting their starships and the associated starship gear. Especially if they have fleet gear which more or less trumps gear you buy from the Exchange or from the rep system.

These veteran players can also anticipate what you are going to be doing based on years of playing PvP against other people. That is a skill that can only be developed over time assuming that you make the effort to pay attention to what your opponents do.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Putting together a torpedo build can be a bit tricky because shields are a very effective means of absorbing most of the damage done by torpedoes. That means your first priority is to drain as much shields as you can before can even consider a torpedo attack. This means using drain abilities before launching a salvo of torpedoes. At the moment I am planning on turning my prime universe Ha'nom into a torpedo ship. Overall, I find Romulan ships to be a bit under powered since 40 energy points are automatically deducted for the singularity powers. By focusing on a torpedo build I can allocate weapon power to the remaining subsystems.

The mirror Ha'nom does not make a particularly good torpedo ship because it only has one lieutenant tactical station. Since you more or less need to have Tactical Team, that leaves you with only one copy of Torpedo Spread with a cool down of 30 seconds. The prime Ha'nom has an ensign and lieutenant tactical stations. That means you can have TT1 and TS1 and TS2. When you activate either copy of TS that activated copy will have a 30 second cool down, however, the other copy will have a 15 second cool down. This means you can launch a torpedo spread every 15 seconds.

Regardless of the actual ship used as a torpedo ship, I would say it is generally best use a mix of different torpedoes and not focus on using the same weapon in every weapon slot. I will wait until after Delta Rising is released before I even start to put my torp ship together because:

#1 - I need to work on the various rep systems for the rep specific torpedoes. I am currently working on Omega (Omega Plasma Torpedo) and New Romulus (Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo) reps. When done, I will work on Dyson (Gravimetric Torpedo) and 8742 Counter Command (Enhanced Bio-Molecular Torpedo).

#2 - Still need to do the main story missions. "Out In The Cold" gives you the Breen Transphasic Cluster Torepdo and hopefully the game will allow me to install two of on my ship (Fore and aft). This weapons basically disburse mines via a torpedo and because this is a transphasic weapon it gets a 20% shield penetration. Minimum launch distance is 1.5km though, any closer to your target the torpedo will not launch.

#3 - With the level cap increase comes Mk XIII and Mk XIV gear. I am not sure how that is going to affect rep gear. So it's best to simply wait for more info before get rep gear at Mk XII and only to discover you need to spend a lot resources to upgrade to Mk XIV.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That is a very ugly boff seating...not what you have but what the hanom is...i can see the fotm build working, but you really need that sci crafting trait to make it shine like a diamond as big as a star in front of a star of the same size....shiny bra

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=wtfkaboom_0

Best I can think of without breaking the bank wide open. You gravity wells are going to be nuts, couples with reverse tractor beams and grav torp...it just might work.

Getting the valdore op console would be a good idea.

You don't have much sustainability and I honestly have no idea how the build will work...TRIBBLE shoot 1v1 but could be an enormous headache 5v5

Cheers

(my opinion of the build, I'd have to see it to give it a final verdict but as it is...i don't really like it. Could just need some tweaking, but I don't know how effective the overbuffed tbr/gw/grav torp combo is). The fbp/bfi/rsp will help keep you alive with fbp killing noobs...

I just don't know.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you go with an AoE Particle-gen build, I would strongly recommend picking up the Isometric Burst(Forward Arc, chains to nearby targets; more damage per jump with an AoE blast at the 4th) or Spacial Charge Launcher consoles(Omni-directional with big AoEs, doesn't track targets - fires at their 'present location' every couple seconds). They can both easily do damage in the tens of thousands when used properly. I'd really suggest doing BFAW-Beams instead of Cannons with a setup like that though(or just full turrets).