test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where is the KDF T6 Intel Science Ship?

skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Klingons have always been shafted when it comes to science ships compared to our Federation counterparts, but still I would expect to get at least 1 new sci ship with the expansion. How are KDF expected to compete in PvP with their lackluster lineup of T5 science ships when matched up against a new Fed T6 Intel Sci ship? With all the info that has come out about the T6 ships, it doesn't appear that KDF will be able to compete at all in a proper PvP environment without a new T6 sci ship of their own.
Post edited by skurf on

Comments

• wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I so wonted a kDF sci ship but again im disappointed
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Its in our wildest dreams.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We'll get a T6 Intelligence Sci Ship at the same time we get a K'Vort! :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same place as the Intel/T6 BoP and Intel/T6 Carrier - Development-Hell.

That said, the 'Klingons' have never really had a dedicated Science Ship line.. until the (A)DSD.. if you even want to call that one. Closest thing was outsourcing it to the Gorn(and Orion to a lesser extent), and I get the feeling it will be a 'long' time until we see T6 ships of allied races.

My guess is the next T6 ship the Klingons will see is a new Bird of Prey/Raider or an Intel Raptor(to match the Intel Attack Ships the other factions got - 4/3, Disruptor Lance, AS, etc.).

If it's any consolation, however, the Maha will undoubtably beat the pants off the Kumari, and the Qib is (currently) superior to the Eclipse in every way. We may only be getting two ships at launch, but they're damn good ones.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    How are KDF expected to compete in PvP with their lackluster lineup of T5 science ships when matched up against a new Fed T6 Intel Sci ship? With all the info that has come out about the T6 ships, it doesn't appear that KDF will be able to compete at all in a proper PvP environment without a new T6 sci ship of their own.

what makes you believe the kdf is supposed to be competitive in pvp? true, pvp was once 'our thing'. but like pretty much everything else, it was given to the feddies.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    At least we can comfort ourselves with our T6 ships looking like the KDF actually designed them.
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited September 2014
    I would love to see a proper KDF Sci ship. I just don't think we're going to get one.

I'd rather focus on getting a Normal Battle Cruiser and BoP with a Intel Raptor and BoP.

I also hope like hell they give us a proper T6 Carrier. But I'm highly skeptical of that.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    Klingons have always been shafted when it comes to science ships compared to our Federation counterparts, but still I would expect to get at least 1 new sci ship with the expansion. How are KDF expected to compete in PvP with their lackluster lineup of T5 science ships when matched up against a new Fed T6 Intel Sci ship? With all the info that has come out about the T6 ships, it doesn't appear that KDF will be able to compete at all in a proper PvP environment without a new T6 sci ship of their own.

not only a t6 intel science vessel, we need also a t6 intel raptor... the one we will get is not "intel"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • artrineiousartrineious Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    my main is a kdf science becus i started playing when we still had to get to lvl 25 to play kdf and im in love with gorn ship building little did i know it was a trap! the gorn science vessels the karfi and the vo'quv are all great ships i love flying all of them and i had 30 dollars at the ready for a sci intell ship. :mad:
  • crushercassandracrushercassandra Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I started as a Science officer in the KDF, partially because I thought it was quirky and funny, and partially because I didn't know just how massively shafted science officers are on the KDF. Birds of Prey functioning as 'science vessels,' just because of universal slots??? HA.

The Gorn ships are the only hope for science KDF captains, and they're C-store only. Don't get me wrong...I love the design and idea of them. Which always begged the question: why the hell aren't they the default science ships for science officers?

Additionally, why the hell wouldn't the Gorn jump at the chance to play the with Delta Quadrant tech, and make an intel vessel?

With how little there is for science officers, I'd say there is no bigger priority for a KDF tier 6 ship than a science one. The fact that there is only a battlecruiser intel ship for the KDF is a sick joke. And, since there IS an intel cruiser, they should make an intel science ship and an intel raptor, too...in that order.

Oh, and please...let the Intel Science ship be Gorn designed....