test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Demotion Issue

mughimughi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Fleet System and Holdings
I am the fleet creator and leader. When I created my fleet, I set all the alts to Leader status. With the changes, I need to demote all the alts for three @handle accounts. How can this be accomplished without waiting two weeks per alt per @handle account?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Post edited by mughi on

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Have the alts leave the fleet.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For the love of God, do not make them leave the fleet while they are in the demotion process however.

This will glitch the countdown timer and make it so you can never demote or promote anyone to/from leader rank again.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • mughimughi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thank you for the responses.

One player is mia.

The other is... belligerent and will refuse to comply.

I need a better solution.
    edited September 2014
    mughi wrote: »
    Thank you for the responses.

One player is mia.

The other is... belligerent and will refuse to comply.

I need a better solution.

Unfortunately, if one of the leaders is not cooperating and he has multiple alts, there is little you can do. The system protects him as much as it does you.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    edited September 2014
    Unfortunately, if one of the leaders is not cooperating and he has multiple alts, there is little you can do. The system protects him as much as it does you.

It does, but there has to be an escalation available to process this quickly. Cryptic support responded, but their response sounds like they don't actually read the ticket - their response reminded me of the old Eliza chat bot.

I wonder if that really helpful CM is still around the forums. Branflakes?
    edited September 2014
    It does, but there has to be an escalation available to process this quickly. Cryptic support responded, but their response sounds like they don't actually read the ticket - their response reminded me of the old Eliza chat bot.

I wonder if that really helpful CM is still around the forums. Branflakes?

Branflakes doesn't work for cryptic anymore.

Don't expect anyone from cryptic to help you with this, they have a policy not to involve themselves with internal fleet matters.

If this guy is a fleet leader then as far as the game is concerned he has as much right to the fleet as you. There is no way to speed up the process because they don't want you to be able to force other leaders out and claim the fleet for yourself without said leaders consent, which it sounds like you are trying to do.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    edited September 2014
    Branflakes doesn't work for cryptic anymore.

Don't expect anyone from cryptic to help you with this, they have a policy not to involve themselves with internal fleet matters.

If this guy is a fleet leader then as far as the game is concerned he has as much right to the fleet as you. There is no way to speed up the process because they don't want you to be able to force other leaders out and claim the fleet for yourself without said leaders consent, which it sounds like you are trying to do.

Gotcha. Branflakes was super helpful before. Will be missed.

Not trying to grab fleet for myself. There were four fleet leaders. One other and myself still active. 1 belligerent and causing strife; 1 mia.
    edited September 2014

Not trying to grab fleet for myself. There were four fleet leaders. One other and myself still active. 1 belligerent and causing strife; 1 mia.

Yes, but belligerent or not he is as much a fleet leader as the rest, so unless he goes inactive for long enough for you to chuck him, you really have no option but to do your best to work with him.

The only other thing you can do in your situation is jump ship, start a new fleet and be more careful who let into the top spot.

Not the answer you want I know, but the only one there is. :(

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy