test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What rep gear for tank Rom Eng

cadfael71cadfael71 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Romulan Discussion
I'm getting lost in all the rep gear. I have a Lvl 50 Rom engineer that I like to play and I'm building up my rep gear. I have a lot of new Romulus (tier 3 and then some) and noticed the good space traits for Nukara so I'm about to up it.

As far as gear goes - whom should I grind up towards and what should I be looking at. (only rep gear so far is the New Rom Zero Point Console.)

FWI I'm flying the Ha'akona and D'd Retrofit (just got both of them as I shelled out for the LoR DLC).
Post edited by cadfael71 on

Comments

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well Hmm...I'm not very good on taking gear but hmm...well if you're looking for mostly rep based I'd say go for the 8472 deflector and engines. If you're looking for pure rep perhaps the KHG/Adapted Maco shield? If fleet gear is okay I'd say probably a fleet resilient shield...
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Right now nothing other than maybe a free Solanae set. We don't know whats going to happen to Rep gear with the Mk14 stuff coming very soon, and you'll be kicking yourself if you buy something pricey now only to find yourself replacing it in 6 weeks.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Right now nothing other than maybe a free Solanae set. We don't know whats going to happen to Rep gear with the Mk14 stuff coming very soon, and you'll be kicking yourself if you buy something pricey now only to find yourself replacing it in 6 weeks.

OK, I'm a Gold/LTS member so I have access to Tribble currently ... All I can say to this is ... Patience young padawan ... Patience (and ... umm ... Refined Dil) will be rewarded ...

BTT: I'd agree for a Tank, the The Counter Command (Undine Rep) set is quite nice (if you feel like grinding) Otherwise the Solanae set is a good "free" alternative ... I'd also maybe look at finding a spot for the Tachyokinetic (spelling?) Console from the Lobi Store, to give you a bit more maneuverability.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png