test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lvl 60 uprades to some gear?

rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
It occurs to me that certain end-game content which required a TRIBBLE-ton of grinding and some required actual real money, will now not be end-game anymore.

For example, on one of my toons (and only one, due to the extremely high price) I upgraded my JH ground set -- shield, armor, gun -- to purple MkXII. Will this be automatically updated to MkXIV for Delta Rising?

And our XII MACO/KHG/Omegas? These cost untold effort, weeks on end of grinding rep missions, participating in tons of STFs to get the BNPs, the marks, the countless thousands of dil to purchase space AND ground gear. Sometimes more than one set (unlocking MACO to get A-MACO, for example?).

It seems to me that certain categories of items need an automatic upgrade to MkXIV -- and by automatic I mean FREE -- based on the efforts and moneys involved to acquire said items.

I imagine this should apply to all lobi store weapons. The Jem'Hadar pistol upgrade, also very over-priced, only takes you to purple XII. Will that be upgraded (for FREE) to XIV? That's 5 keys used and 5 lockboxes opened just to afford the lobi price for that one pistol upgrade alone. It was supposed to be elite end-game content

So, for the rest of it I understand. There's a process. Some things can be upgraded, for a grind. Others cannot. What worries me is this tiny category of items that were already paid for yet which now will be left behind.
Post edited by rodentmaster on

Comments

• Options
    litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My take on this is along the same lines, i think all XII rep gear bought through the rep stores or through rep projects should become unleveled, so they level with your toon. All items given free i.e. from the hourly rep project reward boxes should stay at the level they are given.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • Options
    wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I kinda think rep gear wise, it'll go along the lines of something like...

Either A: Each reputation will get an extra project, costing marks, dilithium, etc to upgrade a single item from XI --> XIII and/or XII --> XIV

Or B: A new reputation to grind up. Each tier will unlock an ability to upgrade Ground Weapons, Ground Armor, Space Weapons, etc.

I honestly don't think they'll force you to use crafting to upgrade reputation gear. The two are unrelated, nor do I think they'll abandon the previous reps to rot in XII void when DR releases.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actually, using the crafting system to upgrade *any* MkXII would be a good way for players to invest into the system and make it more functional.

You wouldn't be forced into using it. MkXII should handle any new content, crafting them up to MkIII+ would make it optional to each player.

You know, actual crafting.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Since Cryptic has stated at current T5 starships (I am talking about the free ones) are still viable for all DR content except the most challenging (certain elite STF??) my assumptions for now are as follows:

1. Gear obtained from storyline missions or random loot drops will not surpass Mk XII. The exception could be the few items that level up with you.

2. Current rep gear will have associated projects that allows you upgrade them to Mk XIV.

3. All rep gear purchased after DR's release will be Mk XIV.

4. Mk XIII and XIV gear that are not rep gear would need to be crafted.