test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My High DPS Builds (20-30k+)

rake0321rake0321 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Im a number cruncher in a fleet of number crunchers. We parse our runs, evaluate each others piloting and builds. Here are a couple of my builds that i use. Each one easily gets over 20k dps. Some even above 30k.

I play a klingon, so some of the DoFF names and stuff may be different. They're organized from least DPS to highest DPS (all above 20k though)

My Tal'Shiar Adapted Destroyer 20k+ http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=rake20k_73745
My Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser 25k+ http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=rake25k_7374
My Tholian Recluse Carrier 28k+ http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=rake28kdps_7374
My Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier 30k+ http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=rake30kdps_7374

Its very important to read the Notes and Descriptions. I have included power levels, piloting guides, and DOFFs. Most of my builds will not put up these numbers without the correct DOFFs. Also Piloting is a huge factor in my numbers. With these exact builds i was once only pulling 7-8k dps. With help from my fleet and monitoring my dps, i was able to substantially increase my dps weekly from 7-8k, 11-13k up to my 30k+ dmg. Playing with other fleet members who also understand game mechanics and how to properly use APB1/2/3 can also greatly determine how much dmg you do.

Please give them medals if you feel they're useful for you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by rake0321 on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Links don't work. But given your choice of ships and commentary about APB and team-stacking, can one assume they're the same cookie-cutter APB+FAW-spam platforms everyone else is using? Anything to make them unique or interesting?
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rake0321 wrote: »
    Im a number cruncher in a fleet of number crunchers. We parse our runs, evaluate each others piloting and builds. Here are a couple of my builds that i use. Each one easily gets over 20k dps. Some even above 30k.

I play a klingon, so some of the DoFF names and stuff may be different. They're organized from least DPS to highest DPS (all above 20k though)

My Tal'Shiar Adapted Destroyer 20k+ http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillpla...ke20k_7374
    My Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser 25k+ http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillpla...ke25k_7374
    My Tholian Recluse Carrier 28k+ http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillpla...8kdps_7374
    My Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier 30k+ http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillpla...0kdps_7374

Its very important to read the Notes and Descriptions. I have included power levels, piloting guides, and DOFFs. Most of my builds will not put up these numbers without the correct DOFFs. Also Piloting is a huge factor in my numbers. With these exact builds i was once only pulling 7-8k dps. With help from my fleet and monitoring my dps, i was able to substantially increase my dps weekly from 7-8k, 11-13k up to my 30k+ dmg. Playing with other fleet members who also understand game mechanics and how to properly use APB1/2/3 can also greatly determine how much dmg you do.

Please give them medals if you feel they're useful for you.

Any parses that aren't in an ESTF? Those I'd be interested in seeing.
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Links not working.

/\
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Thank you for the "Links not working" i guess once i made the updates to my builds it may have changed the links a bit. I hope i fixed them.
    Links don't work. But given your choice of ships and commentary about APB and team-stacking, can one assume they're the same cookie-cutter APB+FAW-spam platforms everyone else is using? Anything to make them unique or interesting?

Most of these runs are ran in PUGs, i do this based on the fact that a lot of ppl use that as an excuse as to why they don't get the numbers that i do. So there is no team stacking or pre-mades in any of these parses. As far as cookie-cutter goes, i searched for decent builds when i first got these ships and didn't find any. Which led me to learning the game mechanics and making my own builds to post for others to use. My JHDC build is pretty unique i'd say, in comparison to everything else you find out there anyways... It uses a Dual Disruptor proc, using the 2pc bonus from the lobi store, and the 2pc bonus from the Counter Command reputation.
    Any parses that aren't in an ESTF? Those I'd be interested in seeing.

These are all taken from ISE. just because it tends to be the benchmark for all DPS comparison. i don't really record any other parses for other STFs.

A lot of my builds are higher end, in terms of reputation gear, consoles, and Doffs. Not necessarily aimed at the beginners looking for a quick jump to the top of the DPS Parse. The modifiers don't seem to be showing, but the weapons are all [CrtD]x3 or in the case of the Romulan Plasma [CrtD]2. The warp core is of the [AMP] variety, and power levels combined with leech put all sub-systems to over 75 for most of my builds.

i also want to mention that piloting is the biggest factor in all of these builds. I provide some tips and tricks on piloting in the notes section of each of these builds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Your using the single elachi heavy crescent and the heavy disruptor turret....

You got some mad piloting skills for removing 2 beams....

And 1 damage control doff? You crazy man.

Is this using the dps channels settings?

Looking at your jem'hadar dread build...
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Your using the single elachi heavy crescent and the heavy disruptor turret....

You got some mad piloting skills for removing 2 beams....

And 1 damage control doff? You crazy man.

Is this using the dps channels settings?

Looking at your jem'hadar dread build...

That is correct, the dual 2pc bonus from the lobi store and the counter command rep, believe it or not, surpass the dmg output of the missing two beams. not to mention that all the disruptor beams in this build are of the [CrtD]x3 rather than the Romulan Plasma [CrtD]x2. "Glass Cannon" is a safe assumption...i'm not saying its easy to stay alive due to the aggro, but it is doable, and yes, this is of course using the DPS League settings.

I told you, piloting is the biggest factor in any kind of DPS output. Being in the right place, at the right time, maximizing the number of enemies in your cone of fire. Even when i thought i was doing everything right, i was pulling 7-8k dps. I didn't believe the veteran pilots of my fleet. After many many STFs and fine tuning my flight paths and rotation of skills, i am constantly improving my DPS, even now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    That is correct, the dual 2pc bonus from the lobi store and the counter command rep, believe it or not, surpass the dmg output of the missing two beams. not to mention that all the disruptor beams in this build are of the [CrtD]x3 rather than the Romulan Plasma [CrtD]x2. "Glass Cannon" is a safe assumption...i'm not saying its easy to stay alive due to the aggro, but it is doable, and yes, this is of course using the DPS League settings.

I told you, piloting is the biggest factor in any kind of DPS output. Being in the right place, at the right time, maximizing the number of enemies in your cone of fire. Even when i thought i was doing everything right, i was pulling 7-8k dps. I didn't believe the veteran pilots of my fleet. After many many STFs and fine tuning my flight paths and rotation of skills, i am constantly improving my DPS, even now.

I would have to challenge the silent enemy 2p utilizing the single heavy crescent without csv/crf being superior to a missing beam using bfaw. 2p bonus is base increase

The turret follows the same thought process. Turret without csv/crf....sure your gaining that amazing 7.5% better then base damage but that can't be worth a beam under bfaw....could it?

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I would have to challenge the silent enemy 2p utilizing the single heavy crescent without csv/crf being superior to a missing beam using bfaw. 2p bonus is base increase

The turret follows the same thought process. Turret without csv/crf....sure your gaining that amazing 7.5% better then base damage but that can't be worth a beam under bfaw....could it?

Basically you're getting +15.1% Disruptor damage, with both sets. its added to Disruptor Energy Damage, not just that turret, or that cannon. It affects overall Disruptor damage output. Don't forget also, on top of APB, you're possibly also getting the Incubation debuff which is %10 Damage resistance.

Thats the beauty of STO, there are a ton of configurations with many weapons, consoles, etc. i personally have not tried to use CSV or CRF in my builds, as i'm pretty particular to Beam builds. However, there is nothing stopping you from trying it your self. I too would be pretty interested in your numbers with a different BOFF layout.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Basically you're getting +15.1% Disruptor damage, with both sets. its added to Disruptor Energy Damage, not just that turret, or that cannon. It affects overall Disruptor damage output. Don't forget also, on top of APB, you're possibly also getting the Incubation debuff which is %10 Damage resistance.

Thats the beauty of STO, there are a ton of configurations with many weapons, consoles, etc. i personally have not tried to use CSV or CRF in my builds, as i'm pretty particular to Beam builds. However, there is nothing stopping you from trying it your self. I too would be pretty interested in your numbers with a different BOFF layout.

Ah...that is incorrect.

The 2p silent enemy bonus is only a base increase. I'm quite sure another beam would yield better dps

The 2p counter command ordinance is a near final damage bonus akin to the obi/omni antiproton 2p. This giving you slightly less then adding another tactical console. I still can't see a turret+the 2p doing more dps then another beam array.

Anyone else care to weigh in? Am I off base here?

• Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I will eat my shorts if your mixed cannon beam Jem Dread can break 28k dps over an STF run.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    I will eat my shorts if your mixed cannon beam Jem Dread can break 28k dps over an STF run.

Lol, you do realize that was parsed right?

Better look some some salt and pepper!
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Never understood the point to these threads really, is it simply boast about dps numbers, or is it to get people to copy paste such a build?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Never understood the point to these threads really, is it simply boast about dps numbers, or is it to get people to copy paste such a build?

I vote for copy and paste.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I vote for copy and paste.

Well to each their own I guess, don't get me wrong that I am trying to talk bad about it in any way, but I myself don't quite get the point.

But hey, if people want to post this information, than it is what it is.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Well to each their own I guess, don't get me wrong that I am trying to talk bad about it in any way, but I myself don't quite get the point.

But hey, if people want to post this information, than it is what it is.

Information for peole to shy to ask for help. least they can get some ideas for thier own builds

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Information for peole to shy to ask for help. least they can get some ideas for thier own builds

That's not really giving them much of an idea, for their own build, as it is more giving them an idea to copy your build, or someone else's build!

But like I said, I don't put them down, for sharing the information with other's.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Well, for me it started because i was looking for ideas for the most efficient highest output builds for the particular ships i had. STO has a ton of possible combinations with all sorts of gear. There are set bonuses, reputation items, traits, and skill trees. The options are almost limitless. I couldn't find those builds, so i played the game and learned the mechanics some. Then i made my own builds to help those that were in my shoes long ago.

I try and reiterate as much as i can that no matter your gear, the most important part of outputting damage is piloting.

Also, this is in the "Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics" forum. There is obviously enough ppl in STO that are curious about it. Some for comparison reasons, some for ideas for their own builds, some because they want a quick solution to "i suck" and think that a high dps build is the magic pill solution (i refer back to piloting) This is in no way me trying to boast about my numbers, i post the numbers to show the potential of the build. They all have a + because i'm sure someone out there can squeeze more out of them, or perhaps change a few things to make it better, such as Dahminus and his CSV/CRF possibilities.

Either way, i wish someone had shared this information with me. So i'm just paying it forward and helping those that may be interested. I posted this because i want to help the player that is looking for decent builds for these ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actually, it's threads like this that helped me improve my own game, at least build-wise. Is mine uber? No, but it works for me and yet, much of what I have selected comes from these threads.

Back on topic about the Silent Enemy 2-pc: maybe it's lower dps per weapon (cannon v beam), but increased overall dps across the ship?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Ya, I like passing the info I've acquired ahead as well....that said.

Still can't see 7.5% base damage (2p silent enemy) increasing your dps more then another beam array.

I'm having trouble seeing the 7.5% bonus damage from the 2p counter command adding enough to make up for a beam array...

How much are your pets contributing to your total?

Did I miss the linked parsing? It would tell me everything I need to know

• Options
    edited September 2014
    if i remember correctly, my pets contribute to about 30% of my table. Dahminus, i'd just try the build your self to see what you get based on your play style, if applicable of course. Im no way saying this is the uber end all builds. Just showing what i was capable of acquiring with this build.

i personally got tired of chasing our fleet veterans in their Scimitars with their 40k+ DPS. so i gave up that chase and i play exclusively on my Tholian Recluse Carrier. I don't seek the top of the DPS charts as much as i push for increasing the entirety of the teams DPS....APB3 spam ftw!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Where is this "Parse" I hear so much about? No link to a parse appears on my computer screen. I would love to see a parse of this damage, because it exceeds all the theory crafting I have ever seen.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    if i remember correctly, my pets contribute to about 30% of my table. Dahminus, i'd just try the build your self to see what you get based on your play style, if applicable of course. Im no way saying this is the uber end all builds. Just showing what i was capable of acquiring with this build.

i personally got tired of chasing our fleet veterans in their Scimitars with their 40k+ DPS. so i gave up that chase and i play exclusively on my Tholian Recluse Carrier. I don't seek the top of the DPS charts as much as i push for increasing the entirety of the teams DPS....APB3 spam ftw!

I wasn't saying it's the end all be all...just that the oddities were...odd.

And there wasn't my a parsing...just a copy paste from chat...no data included.

Anyways, cheers...jhas equate to 10k dps...hacks