test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

According to the FAQ for the DR pack there will be no testing of any T6 ships.

neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
Q: Will I be able to access the Ships or Items on the test server before the expansion is released?
A: No. All of the rewards will be claimable within the in-game C-Store upon the release of the Delta Rising Expansion in October.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?a=131

I understand you guys have some psychological problem with letting us actually test ships but come on.

Right now tons of people are feeling that their T5 ships are worthless and the T5U upgrade is garbage, and giving us the ability to test these, even if just for a limited time on tribble, do some PVP, PVE work with them and actually see if anything needs to be tuned.

You let us test the Ar'Kif in the past and it's just gold members testing anyway so why not give us one of each intel ship at the least so we can test them out and see if they're as OP and make everything else worthless as so many people are assuming.
ACCESS DENIED
Post edited by neok182 on

Comments

• Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    neok182 wrote: »
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?a=131

I understand you guys have some psychological problem with letting us actually test ships but come on.

Probably don't want people to see hard stats that would reduce the amount of suckers who pay for a very substandard 5U "upgrade".
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    They will have bugs, mark my words.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    They will have bugs, mark my words.

I didn't even think about that but your right and i'm sure they'll be bad ship/game breaking ones.

Days like this is why i don't even understand why we have tribble when basically we test maybe 10% of the new content.

Anything that might break the game bug or balance wise, naw let's not let anyone test that. And then the bug fixers get to have terrible days dealing with the forums and bug reports yelling at them and it all could of been fixed by just letting us actually test stuff.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • Options
    wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Would gladly sign and comply with a NDA...to test.
  • Options
    jacksonhuskyjacksonhusky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've never understood the limited testing policy of Tribble lately. What's the point of having a test server when we can't test everything? Hell, when LoR was on tribble being fleshed out they handed out 10k Zen to gold members to purchase all of the LoR ships and play test them. I still have most of that Zen saved up, hoping they'll let us test more ships. Why not do the same setup with this run through? Frankly update 10 is going to be a true make or break moment for STO after the mediocre Season 9 and 9.5 release, and I'd rather be able to test EVERYTHING instead of select items. I actually like this game and want it to improve but that's a hard thing to accomplish when your testers are given material like a part time Q&A person instead of everything like an in-house person.

And yes, I would sign an NDA to test Season 10 and beyond. Frankly I think they need to go to that style of system anyway. Anyone who shows frequent activity would be invited to become a Tribble tester, be given an NDA to sign and granted access to Tribble whenever its online regardless of Silver/Gold member status. Anyone else who wants to test can use Redshirt to test the content that has been moved from Tribble and needs a once over before it goes live.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I'll +1 to the NDA. I've done over a dozen NDA beta tests for other games and i would have absolutely no problem doing that for this game.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    At least do some focus testing. I know we did focus testing of some previous ships. That I thought worked out well... some tweaks where even made before launch.

I felt like the last ship I tested there was some push back from the dev team though. I likely shouldn't be talking about it... however I know when we tested that ship it felt like feedback was not really welcomed unless it was thumbs up type feedback.

What happened did the few changes you guys make to one of the ships based on focus tests get blamed for some poor sell through or something ???

That sounds like a bad conspiracy theory perhaps... or does it ? I'll put my tin foil hat back on and be quite now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    they main reason i would like to test them is how else are we going to test the intelligence boff powers? you can not slot them in a universal slot they only work int he dedicated intelligence seats.

and those powers right there will have a significant change to the game in both PvP and PvE and SHOULD be tested
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just because they are not allowing it to have wide spread access on tribble doesn't mean there isn't people testing it.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    askray wrote: »
    Just because they are not allowing it to have wide spread access on tribble doesn't mean there isn't people testing it.

If they are doing focus testing... which would be good. They could come out and say they are doing focus testing.

They have always been clear in the past that they are in fact doing focus group testing... mainly to let people on tribble know they MAY see players on tribble in X or Y ship, and that they are not allowed to talk about it so don't bug em.

Having not seen that I would assume the only testing that is going on is internal testing... and we all know from 4+ years of XP now that there internal testing is simply not at a caliber that stops even game busting bugs from making it to the live server.

If there is no focus group going on... perhaps someone that could make that happen over there should make that happen. I know from being in previous focus groups that a pretty small group of actual players will catch all major bugs and even give them enough feedback to smooth over some stuff that if it goes live becomes very hard to fix as people come to expect X to work one way... and when it gets Corrected they scream NERF and lives hard for people like yourself askray.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The problem is:

If those testers go and tell their fleet mates and friends how op the new intel boffs are or something like that, then the whole "more money by t5u upgrades" scheme flies right out of the window.
    They want to avoid that, thats why they are so cryptic.