test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The OFFICIAL "Jesus Christ Devs, Are you crazy?" Thread.

Comments

• mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is this even an issue? Don't elite fleet shield buffs last for 30 seconds, thus making them almost always the ones that last longest? If the nuke order includes such passive stacks, this ability is nigh worthless.

Of course this doesn't mean that it is a good idea to release such nonsense, it just might be that the design has a different flaw than one expects at first sight.
  • blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mancom wrote: »
    Is this even an issue? Don't elite fleet shield buffs last for 30 seconds, thus making them almost always the ones that last longest? If the nuke order includes such passive stacks, this ability is nigh worthless.

Of course this doesn't mean that it is a good idea to release such nonsense, it just might be that the design has a different flaw than one expects at first sight.

Very good point.

Of course, teams could run five of the same energy type and take the shine off of fleet shields while still catching things like APA and EPTx. That would make type-specific hull resists more valuable than ever.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And people wonder why PvP has a bad rap...

1.) Dev introduce a new feature to PvE (94% of player base)
    2.) PvP players scream and wail (6% of player base)
    3.) Devs cave, make PvP players temporarily happy...

DO NOT CAVE. LEAVE THIS IN. I was looking forward to trying PvP again ;)

and wtf wouldn't pvp numbers keep dwindling with stupid moves like this? Who wants to play in this frankenstein version of star trek known as crypticverse

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And people wonder why PvP has a bad rap...

1.) Dev introduce a new feature to PvE (94% of player base)
    2.) PvP players scream and wail (6% of player base)
    3.) Devs cave, make PvP players temporarily happy...

DO NOT CAVE. LEAVE THIS IN. I was looking forward to trying PvP again ;)

That's not quite the way it goes.

1.) Devs introduce a new feature/item to the game.
    2.) Some PvP/PvE players take note of it.
    3.) PvP players raise concerns.
    4.) Other PvE players take note of it.
    5.) PvE players exploit the Hell out of it in PvE, adversely affecting the intended effort/reward scheme the Devs have in place.
    6.) Devs notice what the PvE players are doing and address it.
    7.) PvE players blame the PvP players for the Devs nerfing the PvE players' latest exploit.
    8.) Devs/Mods state that it was not addressed for PvP concerns.
    9.) PvE players call the Devs/Mods liars, stating that the Devs always cater to the PvP players.
    10.) PvP players look around at the game, look at what the PvE players have said, and earn themselves temporary forum bans because of how hard they laugh at the PvE players.
    11.) PvE players start trolling every thread with PvP hate.
    12.) PvP players adapt to what was introduced.
    13.) Devs introduce a new feature/item to the game....
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i'd prefer the word insane (no offence), but yeah :D...
  • retardedspaceguyretardedspaceguy Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Who the fark hires these morons?
  • voxlagindvoxlagind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Poking my head in after 6 months to check on the new stuff, and it looks like more of the same. On top of that, I see the same people who are still holding out hope and actually trying to play this game for it's PvP content.

At this point, I just have to pity you and think: These people don't even realize that they're just wasting their perfectly good free time (and money) on something that will NEVER come through for them. On top of all that, they've convinced themselves that they've either "invested too much time to quit", or that "eventually things will have to get better", or that "I like being a big fish in a little pond".

For the love of all that is good: stop acting surprised by the norm. Your gameplay experience isn't suffering because Cryptic is messing up your game, your gameplay experience is suffering because you can't figure out that you don't really like this game!
  • etherealplanesetherealplanes Member Posts: 414
    edited September 2014
    I will say it again now on my ......teenth account. Try ground pvp while you still can. That is all!
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    5 tacs with Aux2batt FAW all carrying AoE SNB. ..yay.

And watch it come out broken so Aux2batt spoons down the CD of this AoE Nuke to 60 seconds.

I'm going to go away and cry now...
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Does it stacks with TIF? xD
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Depending on how they implement immunity, and the fact that it most likely replaces the top-tier Cmdr boff power on a ship, I'd say we have a decent likelihood of it being at least somewhat balanced.

e.g. using Kinetic Magnet? It'll have to replace an APB. Running SNB carrier wave will force you to drop AtS3, APO3, TBR3, GW3, or some other big ability.

It's gonna be a tradeoff. Nevertheless, I don't like the idea of it being AoE. If they do that, there should at least be an AoE clear implemented to compensate.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    Is this even an issue? Don't elite fleet shield buffs last for 30 seconds, thus making them almost always the ones that last longest?

How dare you speak common sense in a rage thread?! ;)
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Has this game become a self parody?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014

Wait, you actually took time off ESO to come here? It's a miracle!

Will we see the 2nd coming of Cheesus and his disciples with expansion 2?
  • captiancoppscaptiancopps Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not everyone runs Elite Fleet Shields. I guess us non-conformers will suffer with our abilities instead. =/
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited September 2014

More like a tragedy...
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited September 2014

And only a mild self-parody at that. Crafting was STO's version of Threshold from Voyager. This isn't AS bad as that - the ability being fairly impotent and circumstantial - but the game has been self-paroody for a while, yes.
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014

Not everyone runs elite fleet shields. I know there's pretense of them being the best shields in the game, and for good reason, but some people actually like to have some variety in their builds rather than running pure cookie cutter goodstuff.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Well seeing as Bort is winking I guess the AOE nuke will pull fleet shield buffs.... SO I guess I'm glad none of the sets in STO are viable for pvp ever again. :) lol

I mean don't get me wrong I will be happy if this ability is completely pointless... it does make me wonder why it even needs to exist then though.

It is pointless for PvE as sci captains already find there much better version of Sub nuke to be pointless in PvE. In PvP yes sub nuke is the best captain skill in the game...

So if this new AOE nuke is terrible in PvP... and by extension of Nuke mechanics sucking in PvE... then what is the point of the skill again and who is it supposed to appeal to. PvP noobs that don't understand that fleet shields are the hard counter ?

I know though Bort how dare I make design sense in a Rage thread. ;)

(Also Bort hasn't considered ... we don't often rage about pug matches. The fleet shield counter is easily fixed... and its simple your premade simply needs to all run the same dmg type. Then you are at least getting 2 important buffs... throw in the per normal TBR / GW / EWP that is ruling at the moment and you should be able to very easily time 2 of these to be just as good as a sci nuke on MULTIPLE targets. Still seems really really good and really really stupid to me)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Wait, you actually took time off ESO to come here? It's a miracle!

Will we see the 2nd coming of Cheesus and his disciples with expansion 2?

Someone has to keep you noobs in line, and I dunno maybe. I played a few tonight (ok, i played 10 or so, all told), actually did pretty well despite a few months of rust. Never got a shutout, always got at least 2 kills per match (except that one i only had one vs a full premade)

I dont know about the others but Ill be here and there.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tinnytimps wrote: »
    lets head over to here boys.

http://www.clubpenguin.com/

no that p2win....lol
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tinnytimps wrote: »
    lets head over to here boys.

http://www.clubpenguin.com/

I'm heading to Rom-KDF side, just to wipe out those cloaking fed ships.
  • auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pvp is dead
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    auron8222 wrote: »
    pvp is dead

all these threads in the pvp subforum, all this rage, and all the pvp gimmicks released in recent times certainly does suggest that 'pvp is dead'.
    oh...
    edited September 2014
    auron8222 wrote: »
    pvp is dead

In a few seconds it will hit the respawn button...
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In a few seconds it will hit the respawn button...

For the 90th time. LOL...
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    Course, one of these days - we'll click on the PvP Queues menu choice and it will take us to the DOFFing window. There will be a selection of Arena assignments where 20 hours later we'll find out if we won or not...
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    20 hours later
    Don't worry. There will be an option to pay dilithium in order to complete the match faster.
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Course, one of these days - we'll click on the PvP Queues menu choice and it will take us to the DOFFing window. There will be a selection of Arena assignments where 20 hours later we'll find out if we won or not...

oh my god I Laughed way too hard from that... Almost lost a kidney. Aye, don't you give them any ideas now. They just might do it...
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.