test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Having issues claiming the KDF free ship.

tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I logged onto my KDF Character and go to claim the free ship it says I cant due my character cannot use it.
Post edited by tcbys1 on

Comments

• Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That's because there is no free KDF ship. The giveaway is for the Fed support cruiser retrofit, and even though there is a direct Klingon counterpart it's not part of the event. Which is a shame, because I've got a new Klingon Sci who would love it.

Oh well...
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    staq16 wrote: »
    That's because there is no free KDF ship. The giveaway is for the Fed support cruiser retrofit, and even though there is a direct Klingon counterpart it's not part of the event. Which is a shame, because I've got a new Klingon Sci who would love it.

Oh well...

Not true.

The giveaway also extends to the KDF Varanus Support Vessel.

To claim this vessel, you need to be a KDF Character level 40 or higher. Do you meet both of those requirements?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    you need a lv 40 kdf (not a romulan kdf) that has an empty ship slot to claim the varanus
    jFriX.png
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not true.

The giveaway also extends to the KDF Varanus Support Vessel.

To claim this vessel, you need to be a KDF Character level 40 or higher. Do you meet both of those requirements?

*Hits head on desk*

You're quite right, for some reason I'd pegged the Varanus as totally separate... probably because I've already got one.

Still can't understand why then went with the Varanus rather than the Kamarag, though.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    *Hits head on desk*

You're quite right, for some reason I'd pegged the Varanus as totally separate... probably because I've already got one.

Still can't understand why then went with the Varanus rather than the Kamarag, though.

I had wondered the same thing - especially since I think I'd have preferred the Kamarag - but figured it was free one way or the other, so I wasn't gonna look a gift horse in the mouth...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    *Hits head on desk*

A lot of people are wondering that exact same thing. Definitely an odd choice that they didn't just offer the KDF equivalent. I assume they had a reason, just no one has any idea what it actually is. :D
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    vacuum0diagramvacuum0diagram Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My fed aligned rommy can claim the ambassador ship, but my KDF rommy cannot claim the veranus. This is not too well thought out I think.
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    like someone said in another thread. last years give away was a science (fed) and battlecruiser (kdf). This years give away is a cruiser (fed) and science (kdf). They're alternating.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited September 2014

My only guess is they are saving it for a future give away.

Like for example, next time/year would be the Kamarag and the D'kyr for the Feds perhaps?