test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just starting playing again and the graphics look bad

tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I just starting playing again. The Graphics look pixelated and not very good to compared when I played a year ago.

I have the settings all on max with max resolution and the textures look bad and bad aliasing. Any Help..
Post edited by tcbys1 on

Comments

• albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Check the resolution scale in the display tab of the options window, it might be lower than 1 or full scale. Or type /renderscale 1 into the chat window.
    Galactic Horde.
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As per above. Background: when Earth Starbase was redone, everyone's graphics were reset to a "default" setting, so we all had horrid graphics coming back in after that till we redid everything to our preferred settings.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also, they split the setting into two tabs. Graphics and Display I think.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    it may be also that you are remembering you previous experience with rose coloured spectacles.
    also if you have been playing an xbox or playstation game with higher res graphics you might have come to notice lower graphics as more pixelated then you remember them.
    I noticed something similar when I played some old commodore amiga games the other day for a nostalgia trip, I had not realised or remembered how course the old amiga graphics were.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yeah, keep your drivers up to date, go through graphics, display and advanced, make sure everything is setup correctly.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And switch to DX11, for crying out-loud! :) Everything looks so much shinier that way!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • hsm2k4hsm2k4 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I also have the same problem. I made a thread about it as well. He's not saying the graphics look bad compared to other games. It's more like he's playing with 800x600 resolution settings on a 1920x1080 resolution monitor which makes the graphics look pixelated or blurry. I believe typing /renderscale 1 should fix the problem for you.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Also, they split the setting into two tabs. Graphics and Display I think.

some graphics options are in advance option to