test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tanking Maco vs 8472

akneadiaakneadia Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Academy
Hey guys so currently have the full maco set and was looking at the undine rep space set and wondering which people think is better for tanking in their experience.
Post edited by akneadia on

Comments

• reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maco. Its stated decently and you get power for being shot, and your boffs have a 5% reduction to cooldown.

8472 Set is gimmicky.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Undine rep set is quite well balanced, with E->W on the core, several accuracy boosts, along with a defense boost, tanking skill boosts and a high capacity shield.

MACO is not quite as far advanced in either regard, but opens the possibility of using an AMP core. The shield is superior to CC's however.

Honestly for tanking I think that the Borg 2-piece with Elite Resilient Shield and AMP Core with relevant mods would serve you better.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    For tanking purposes, the dyson regenerative shield is also a really good choice. I have it on almost half of my ships, and i must say that it performs most of the times better than my maco used in 3 of my toons lol. But all depends on your build and your playstyle.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It may also depend on what you're taking. The changes to the Aegis Set with the 1 second immunity to damage is very effective to deal with a planet killer or the crystylline entity, for example, but not so helpful when you need to hold off a large number of attacks.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Elite fleet resilient shield capx2 resB adapt and assimilated deflector&impuls, best tanking you can get. Also opens possibility of AMP-Warpcore AND Plasmonic leech.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    Maco. Its stated decently and you get power for being shot, and your boffs have a 5% reduction to cooldown.

8472 Set is gimmicky.

Everything gets a 5% cool down reduction with the two piece. Even weapon cycles.
    giphy.gif