test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Run] mod on Ground Weapons

smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
Any update on it?

According to the second R&D blog it was meant to be a possible mod for ground weapons:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6001993
Ground Weapons:
[Run] – This mod increases the run speed of the owner by 20%.

Has anyone else had any luck? Or was this mod removed before it went live?
EnYn9p9.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nishkacmnishkacm Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was just wondering the same thing (found this post through google). An update would be appreciated.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    *sighs* another reason why we need an infodump. :mad:
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've been crafting tons to guns to level ground. Not one [Run] mod. It doesn't exist.

I'd step on a baby Epohh for a [Run] TR-116B.
  • Options
    storybornstoryborn Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Long time necro, but the [run] mod DOES exist, I just got it when upgrading a Plasma Charged Burst Assault to blue quality.
  • Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    storyborn wrote: »
    Long time necro, but the [run] mod DOES exist, I just got it when upgrading a Plasma Charged Burst Assault to blue quality.

It was finally added a couple patches ago.
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015

You got a crafting mod when upgrading something?
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Well let me "ax" you this...do you even notice the additional speed? Is it worth it? Because it seems like a situational mod, only "slightly* less worthless than the PvP mods.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well let me "ax" you this...do you even notice the additional speed? Is it worth it? Because it seems like a situational mod, only "slightly* less worthless than the PvP mods.
    As someone who absolutely hates most ground missions and the painfully slow run speed of STO avatars, I personally would grind until I got a Runx3 weapon solely to use as a swap for covering distance during the many long, tedious ground missions filled with backtracking.

There are few things I find more tedious or wasteful of my time than the time spent watching my character casually jog across a big map like Nimbus. The lack of ways to buff your ground movement speed in this game is an unfortunate oversight.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you can't get runx3

you might be able to use two run weapons though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you can't get runx3

you might be able to use two run weapons though.

unfortunately, the run mod must be the active weapon.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    For grinding, I get that the [Run] mod can be useful. Otherwise, it's ****e.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For grinding, I get that the [Run] mod can be useful. Otherwise, it's ****e.

I honestly cant see a noticeable difference in run speed when I have a [Run] weapon equipped.

Give your Engi BOFF the Combat Supply ability and use the speed booster from that.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    redvenge wrote: »
    I honestly cant see a noticeable difference in run speed when I have a [Run] weapon equipped.

Give your Engi BOFF the Combat Supply ability and use the speed booster from that.

Knowing the copy/pasta nature of Cryptic, I'm guessing the [Run] mod is akin to 1 point in the "Forward March" spec tree skill?

/not certain
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'd go with 10% speed boost.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    redvenge wrote: »
    Really? Different people are more or less sensitive to minor differences in speed. It was immediately noticeable to me when swapping weapons. A small difference, to be sure, but every little bit is welcome, especially considering that there are few ways to increase your (annoyingly slow) default ground speed compared to other MMOs.

Though I suppose our starships are the ultimate epic mounts. XD
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Enh... I'd say it's not THAT bad. D2 was bad... and you'd get attacked constantly because there were no safe areas outside towns. In STO it's easier to find areas with no enemies, also we have auto-run here for those times when you really don't have anything better to do.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing