test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

just wondering

acenoodlesacenoodles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Federation Discussion
I have the lobi to get the MK 12 jem'hadar set but i am wonder it is any good?

planing on pvp during after the new xpac comes out.
Post edited by acenoodles on

Comments

• dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2014
    When the Expansion comes out Mk 14 is what your going to need for PVP.

I'd hold off until we know if there will be an upgrade to bring the JH set up to Mk 14.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are also a couple of main issues that you need to ask.

Question #1: Do you use a full Polaron load? The Jem'Hadar set gives boosts to Polaron damage, so that set is much more useful if you already use Polaron. Otherwise, you should not even bother.

Question #2: Do you use a Jem'Hadar or Cardassian ship? The Victory Is Life bonus only works on Jem'Hadar or Cardassian ships. Otherwise, you just wasted that bonus.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »

Question #1: Do you use a full Polaron load? The Jem'Hadar set gives boosts to Polaron damage, so that set is much more useful if you already use Polaron. Otherwise, you should not even bother.

Question #2: Do you use a Jem'Hadar or Cardassian ship? The Victory Is Life bonus only works on Jem'Hadar or Cardassian ships. Otherwise, you just wasted that bonus.

And now the opinion from someone that uses the set for something other than the two things above since this guy is all DPS and buff stripping.

1) The flow caps bonus is great for drain builds. Heck, it's the only set deflector with +26.2 flow caps.
    2) The deflector also goes great with a snooper build.
    3) The shield combined with the space nurse doff pretty much keeps your crew at 75% alive.
    4) On a drain build (high flow caps) the anti-proton sweep drain a lot of shields from its targets. Combine with Tachyon Beam 2 to get them down to nothing.

Like I said in another post, there is a severe lack of imagination with builds lately.

Edit: I'll have to bring this up with Geko in his oops thread, but the deflector didn't get a boost like other items did. Heck it seems lobi items were left out.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »

1. The polaron damage is base and should not be a consideration

2. The victory is life 3p hidden bonus is nearly useless as it only removes one buff...such as one stack of a resb buff from an elite fleet res shield. so also not a consideration.

You get the mk xii set for the deflector. The 2% bonus to stealth detection is amazing for snoopers
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    ... there is a severe lack of imagination with builds lately...

^ This.

I got the Jem'Hadar on a few ships, but eventually replaced it with other sets, except for one. My KDF science toon in the Korath uses the upgraded Jem'Hadar and I haven't seen another set that would be worth grinding out, for this PvE/missions build: http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/?build=ikszogozin_6195

This ship is very effective at shield stripping and movement disabling despite having the bare minimum points in the space Skills Tree (the toon is ground-focused).

The one thing that STO Academy doesn't have for me to add as yet is the new "Exotic Particle Field Exciter" console from the new R&D system, as a replacement for the Antimatter Spread console. Stats listed for it are +33.8 Particle Generator, +22.5% Maximum Shield Capacity, and "when active applies for 10 seconds" +10 weapon power.

Overall the selected stats while sitting in Dyson are Flow Capacitors 120, Graviton Generators 150, Particle Generator 128, Hull Repair 119.

The point being, the only thing the set has which really doesn't benefit (anymore) is the countermeasure boost, but that's not a big deal.

If you're happy with the performance you're getting already from the Mk XI of the Jem'Hadar set and just think a bit of a boost would be helpful, the Mk XII is "more of the same".