What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

UFPlanets.com ~ Starfleet Operations

Comments

• Options
    asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    Keybinds are something which is very much a part of STO, any player can set them up and the information is out there, so these don't give an unfair advantage. A modification would be something that doesn't exist as a vanilla function of the game, I believe doing that is also a violation of the service rules for STO :)

And we cover the UK fairly well, though usually we cover evenings more often, there are many active members in other timezones as well outside of the UK, our goal is to involve everyone in activities.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Keybinds are something which is very much a part of STO, any player can set them up and the information is out there, so these don't give an unfair advantage. A modification would be something that doesn't exist as a vanilla function of the game, I believe doing that is also a violation of the service rules for STO :)

And we cover the UK fairly well, though usually we cover evenings more often, there are many active members in other timezones as well outside of the UK, our goal is to involve everyone in activities.

Excellent, in that case I may find myself filling out an application form soon.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    kyoto98kyoto98 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Excellent, in that case I may find myself filling out an application form soon.

Hope to see you on-board! I think you will find the UFP will have a lot to offer you and is a welcoming and thriving Star Trek community.
  • Options
    devast8tordevast8tor Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm reading your webpage and I came across this: "3.4 - The use of any modification or glitch that may give an unfair advantage is not permitted."

I have to ask, what is UFP's stance on keybinds? It's just that I use them a lot.

Also, how well do you guys cover the UK game time?

Don't worry, this rule is intended to support the official terms of service to prevent the use of improper game modifications such as wallhacks, aimbots, and other software that is designed to circumvent controls designed to prevent cheating. This rule also extends to other gaming aspects of the UFP outside STO.

As Three mentioned, use of keybinds are officially supported in the game and highly recommended! Our community engineers have even created keybind guides to help you! Come check them out! :D
    Daedalus-STO.png
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When asked "WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS BEST DESCRIBES YOU?" am I allowed to pick more than one option?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    billguarnerebillguarnere Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When asked "WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS BEST DESCRIBES YOU?" am I allowed to pick more than one option?

You can do that;)
    Ashley.png
  • Options
    silynn1silynn1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    UFPAC is just around the corner.... and we all know what that means...

The Ambassador's Ball!

Good times for all! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wesstanwesstan Member Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    silynn1 wrote: »
    UFPAC is just around the corner.... and we all know what that means...

The Ambassador's Ball!

Good times for all! :)

For those who don't know what UFPAC stands for:

The UFPAC is the United Federation of Planets Award Ceremony (pronounced U-F-P-A-C). The event is held roughly every 3 months and awards members with rank advancements, medal achievements and other potential rewards. It is also used as an opportunity to announce important events or discussions within the UFP and allows members at the end of the event to have the floor should they wish to bring any subject forward with the fleet and/or the present members of Starfleet Command.
    The UFPAC will also feature a variety of Star Trek related media, found and created by members of the fleet.

Source: http://ufplanets.com/ufpac.php
    Wesstan.png
  • Options
    torinthitorinthi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    UFPAC certainly is a fun time to be a part of the UFP, it's always full of fun events, and the UFPAC itself is always an enjoyable evening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
  • Options
    wixibanwixiban Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    UFPAC you say.

Definitely a fun few hours. :)
    Wixiban.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Make sure to read the STO news round-up sponsored by our Federation News Service (FNS) to get the latest info about current developements within STO. This weeks round-up is (surprise!) dealing with the upcoming new expansion and covers the most important stuff that we are aware by now:

https://ufplanets.com/content.php?438-STO-News-Roundup-13-September-2014
    Wesstan.png
  • Options
    benhurley1benhurley1 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    the UFPAC is fast approaching and we have a number of special events lined up for the occasion!

Head on over to ufplanets.com to check them out! :D

P.S. I thought about returning to STO but...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/1964958_768033903224869_828228375_n.jpg
    BenHurley.png
  • Options
    dentariidentarii Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    UFPAC is indeed almost upon us. There will be plenty of events leading up to the actual ceremony, should be great! In the mean time STF Wednesday is fast approaching. :)
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    kyoto98kyoto98 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The UFP holds Joint Fleet Events with various STO fleets. The next one is this Saturday, Federation and Klingon characters are supported. Click HERE for more information.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    UFPAC is just around the corner now! should be a fun evening as usual!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    chris5626chris5626 Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Like discussing Star Trek? So do we!

If there were to be a re-boot of Star Trek: The Next Generation who would you cast??

Who is your favourite Star Trek race and why?

What are your thoughts on the future of Star Trek?

Register on our website and get involved in these discussions and many more.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    One of our members is compiling a great detailed list of available T5-U upgrades. Follow this link to our boards to have a look at it:

https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?45954-T5-U-Ship-Upgrades
    Wesstan.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Just finished re-watching 'Concerning Flight'. I love the episodes of Voyager which have da Vinci in!
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Plenty of hosted events going on today.

There is our Joint Fleet Event with VKF which will feature numerous PvE and PvP activities, The Omega Protocol for those that feel like taking on the Voth and earning some lovely Dyson Rep, there is also Tier 1 PvP for those that like a bit of a twist to their PvP play and last but not least Mission Rewind where players will be taking on the Doomsday Machine.

Nothing there that takes your interest? Why not apply to become an Away Team Leader and host your own exciting events?
    dentarii wrote: »
    Just finished re-watching 'Concerning Flight'. I love the episodes of Voyager which have da Vinci in!

Started watching Voyager from the start with the Mrs. We've just got to season two, about to watch 'False Profits' which I think she is going to love as Ferengi are usually funny and I think she'll like how it continues on from the TNG episode 'The Price'.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The weekend is nearly over but there are still some great hosted events to see you through the day.

What would a Sunday be without STF runs? Fortunately you don't have to find out as Sunday is STF Sunday! Blowing up Borg not your thing? Why not check out the latest episode of our SRP Star Trek: Expanse and explore the final frontier from the first person perspective of a Starfleet Officer? Or failing that fight alongside the House of Kular in KDF Defence.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    benhurley1benhurley1 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Okay, so I've ran out of funny things to say in this thread today so this one will be a little more boring than the last ones.

We have a new thing in our Starfleet Reserves Divison. It's called Stratagem, and it pits two teams against each other in a game of tactical strategy and pew pew in games like Bridge Commander, Elite Force and STO.

More information on Stratagem can be found here: https://ufplanets.com/content.php?427-Stratagem-is-coming!

One last thing, I lied about not having anything funny.

http://i.imgur.com/ERuiE0o.gif
    BenHurley.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    If you're looking for a fleet that has plenty going on then you've come to the right place, not only are we a top destination for discussing all things Star Trek but we've already got 17 hosted events scheduled for this week, not bad considering it's the first day of the week!
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I would also like to draw everyones attention to another well written STO news round-up published by our Federation News Service (FNS) which covers all the latest information about STO:
    https://ufplanets.com/content.php?440-STO-News-Roundup-September-20th-2014
    Wesstan.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    If you're interested in PvP be sure to check out today's PvP Bootcamp event. Players of all skill levels are welcome.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    wesstan wrote: »
    I would also like to draw everyones attention to another well written STO news round-up published by our Federation News Service (FNS) which covers all the latest information about STO:
    https://ufplanets.com/content.php?440-STO-News-Roundup-September-20th-2014

A concise and easy to read round up. Our news service has really outdone itself! :)
    Dentari.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    dentarii wrote: »
    A concise and easy to read round up. Our news service has really outdone itself! :)

Plus those guys have also published a preparation guide for the upcoming expansion. Great work!

https://ufplanets.com/content.php?443-Federation-News-Service-s-Preparation-Guide-for-Star-Trek-Online-s-Expansion
    Wesstan.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Our news service also covers a wide array of Trek topics, not just STO, be sure to check out all of our articles @ ufplanets.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited September 2014
    If you are free this Friday be sure to come to the Community Meeting.

As part of our commitment to member engagement, leaders from across the community will be present to update the membership on what they are working on and will be available to answer any questions that members might have.

In UFP every member has a voice, the Community Meeting is a great opportunity to use it!
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    chris5626 wrote: »
    If you are free this Friday be sure to come to the Community Meeting.

As part of our commitment to member engagement, leaders from across the community will be present to update the membership on what they are working on and will be available to answer any questions that members might have.

In UFP every member has a voice, the Community Meeting is a great opportunity to use it!

Plus there are many more great events supporting this weekends UFPAC ( http://ufplanets.com/ufpac.php ). You can find them all here: https://ufplanets.com/events.php
    Wesstan.png
  • Options
    asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    Upgrades released today, bunch of dilithium has been spent and many RnD weekend boxes opened! Let's hope there is a dilithium weekend soon! :P