test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

no t5 romulan ship?

mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
i may as well push this one, others may turn it into an entitlement claim, more just to see where the play is on the issue, the kdf and federation get the costumes and ship each... but nothing for the romulans, whats with that? can the romulans get something free?
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They are subservient to the Feds or KDF, minions are not entitled.;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm a little surprised they didn't use lower-tier ships that people could conceivably pull consoles from, but I'm certainly not complaining about getting the Varanus for my KDF chars.
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They pick the lowest selling items to give away. Romulan stuff is too good, and more importantly, too new to give away.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Every giveaway is the same feds get every day kdf every other day roms get "f" all.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    Every giveaway is the same feds get every day kdf every other day roms get "f" all.

Klingons get a ship with a fleet discount and an upgrade path. Feds don't. So how is that bad for the KDF?
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Klingons get a ship with a fleet discount and an upgrade path. Feds don't. So how is that bad for the KDF?

Given the ambassador is now in the cstore, it may well also offer a fleet upgrade path and discount.

I'd call it even on the ships, also the bridge pack.

Costumes there's a fair argument the KDf is hard done by though.....but thats not a critique of this giveaway, more a dearth of things to give away.
  • xuelxuel Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nice to focus on just fed with a few kdf stuff but where's the free romulan items?
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm a little surprised they didn't use lower
    rinkster wrote: »
    Given the ambassador is now in the cstore, it may well also offer a fleet upgrade path and discount.

I'd call it even on the ships, also the bridge pack.

Costumes there's a fair argument the KDf is hard done by though.....but thats not a critique of this giveaway, more a dearth of things to give away.

This guys got my point basically i think all factions should be treated the same with giveaways
    NOT
    FEDS 4
    KDF 2
    ROMS 0
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
    edited August 2014
    Well you could argue that Roms do get 1 - if they take a lower Tier Galaxy and Raptor, they get the bridges for 'their' ship.;)

Problem also is the Romulans and Klingons don't really have much of anything in the clothing shop. If they came out with more there, there would be something to give away.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • eealexeealex Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We are romulans, we fought for independence, got haunted by the Elachi, been messed and still fighting the machinations of the Tal Shiar and still maintaing a coalition with Federation and The Klingon Empire, as well as a activity which vitalises the usage of the Dyson Sphere.
    Yet the world we live in, no matter how performant we are, keeps on punishing us, with or without reason.
    We cannot offer to our captains some decent upgradeable ships unless they do severe purchases which some cannot afford, so we re practically being left behind on purpose in this technological process.
    But the tip of the iceberg, as Federation humans used to say is the Giveaway. The Federation, which is a mark of the galaxy receives uniforms and a canonic ship and a canonic bridge model. The Klingon Empire receives a sturdy ship.
    We receive practically nothing.

I propose that you help us stay canon all the way and do the romulan giveaway too. Give us TNG uniforms as well, since our fathers worn those, it is fair that we can do too.
    And give us a proper ship to meet the canon needs. A R'mor or a Valdore or a Dhael would prove a very useful gift. Or give us some of those Remans saved from the borgs. We could use a powerful hand in defending against the incoming Tholians.

These being said, Jolan Tru, Perfect World and Cryptic.

Aalix, Romulan Vice Admiral.
  • thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Apparently there are none.

I started a thread about this in the Romulan Gameplay section also.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1206911
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well you could argue that Roms do get 1 - if they take a lower Tier Galaxy and Raptor, they get the bridges for 'their' ship.;)

You're a funny one, aren't you?

No you aren't. :P
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • drmilkydrmilky Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i find rather strange that a faction gets so discriminated and another gets it all, im new to STo so maybe things are done diferently here, but common sence would say that all factions shouls be equal.

Seens i made a wrong shoice when i picked a romulan as my faction and choosed KDF as my alliance.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    drmilky wrote: »
    i find rather strange that a faction gets so discriminated and another gets it all, im new to STo so maybe things are done diferently here, but common sence would say that all factions shouls be equal.

Seens i made a wrong shoice when i picked a romulan as my faction and choosed KDF as my alliance.
    Common sense would say that. Unfortunately the reality is that the Factions are not equally divided amoung players - it is not 1/3 Fed, 1/3 Rom, 1/3 KDF. The majority will almost always win out.

As far as KDF/Rom alliance, it is the alliance that earns you the most Dilithuim - every time a KDF sneezes he gets Contraband. :) And since Roms cannot use T5 ships of their allies it does not really matter if you ally with Fed or KDF when it comes to things like the free Ambassador.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited August 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    You're a funny one, aren't you?

No you aren't. :P

Yes I am, at least that's what they tell me at work. My first character, and my 'main,' is a Fed-aligned Romulan. I have two KDF's, another Fed-aligned Romulan, and four Feds. I play all factions. After last year's giveaways where I couldn't claim the last two days stuff, you bet that I made sure I leveled up Fed and KDF characters to max - not going to miss out on free stuff this year.:)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited August 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Common sense would say that. Unfortunately the reality is that the Factions are not equally divided amoung players - it is not 1/3 Fed, 1/3 Rom, 1/3 KDF. The majority will almost always win out.

As far as KDF/Rom alliance, it is the alliance that earns you the most Dilithuim - every time a KDF sneezes he gets Contraband. :) And since Roms cannot use T5 ships of their allies it does not really matter if you ally with Fed or KDF when it comes to things like the free Ambassador.

having a faction receiving no ship, specially when that faction has so few ships avaiable is rather punishing, ignoring an entire faction, romulans in this case, is behond what ive seen so far in all other mmos, and ive been playing mmos since 2002.
    edited August 2014
    having a faction receiving no ship, specially when that faction has so few ships avaiable is rather punishing, ignoring an entire faction, romulans in this case, is behond what ive seen so far in all other mmos, and ive been playing mmos since 2002.
    And on the flip side of that, the Fed Faction has not gotten a mission of their own in over 4 years, yet are expected to shoulder much of the financial burden of the game via the C-Store. I would happily support the Roms having to buy 10 new ships if the Feds could get 30 new missions all their own. :)

And I've been playing MMOs since Ultima Online in '97.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • quaestusquaestus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you are Romulan you can fly KDF or Fed ships depending on who you side with so any VA Romulan has the option of flying one of the 2 giveaway ships if they like... it's not like they didn't give Romlulans "anything"... They just didn't give anything Romulan specific.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Feds do indeed get an upgradable ship. The fleet ambassador (Fleet Support Cruiser Retrofit) is on the list of upgradable starships (for zen) as can be seen here

As for the Romulans I think they should have gotten something. But since I have none of the items they are giving away yet I don't want to complain.
    edited August 2014
    And on the flip side of that, the Fed Faction has not gotten a mission of their own in over 4 years, yet are expected to shoulder much of the financial burden of the game via the C-Store. I would happily support the Roms having to buy 10 new ships if the Feds could get 30 new missions all their own. :)

And I've been playing MMOs since Ultima Online in '97.

dont think missions can be compared to ships and pls dont turn this into a faction fight, just because fed hasnt received those missions doesnt mean kdf and rom should be robbed on the summer rewards. asking for equality should be a global wish across all 3 factions, and from what ive been seing ingame and on the forums fed taction is usually well treated.
    edited August 2014
    quaestus wrote: »
    If you are Romulan you can either fly KDF or Fed ships so any VA Romulan has the option of flying one of the 2 giveaway ships if they like... it's not like they didn't give Romlulans "anything"... They just didn't give anything Romulan specific.

i though rom couldnt fly t5 ships from both fed and kdf? anywhere i can read about this?
    edited August 2014
    dont think missions can be compared to ships and pls dont turn this into a faction fight, just because fed hasnt received those missions doesnt mean kdf and rom should be robbed on the summer rewards. asking for equality should be a global wish across all 3 factions, and from what ive been seing ingame and on the forums fed taction is usually well treated.
    Missions are far more valuable then ships. You are apparently new here, but the player-base has been screaming for new Content for a long, long, long, long time. A new ship does not making doing the same missions 10 times a day more enjoyable. :)
  • thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you are Romulan you can fly either KDF or Fed ships depending on who you side with so any VA Romulan has the option of flying one of the 2 giveaway ships if they like... it's not like they didn't give Romlulans "anything"... They just didn't give anything Romulan specific.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Roms can't fly aligned T5s.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thread merge.

Between this thread, the one in Rom Gameplay, and the official news thread, I think we have our quota on "No Rom Giveaway" threads.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited August 2014
    szim wrote: »
    Feds do indeed get an upgradable ship. The fleet ambassador (Fleet Support Cruiser Retrofit) is on the list of upgradable starships (for zen) as can be seen here

As for the Romulans I think they should have gotten something. But since I have none of the items they are giving away yet I don't want to complain.
    I thought the ships the Feds are getting is not the Fleet Ambassador. It is not the free T5 version given out to people who do the Temporal Ambassador mission.
  • quaestusquaestus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    thore187 wrote: »
    Sorry, but you're wrong. Roms can't fly aligned T5s.

Oh really? So... wait... what's the point of forcing Romulans to align then?
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If you are Romulan you can fly either KDF or Fed ships depending on who you side with so any VA Romulan has the option of flying one of the 2 giveaway ships if they like... it's not like they didn't give Romlulans "anything"... They just didn't give anything Romulan specific.

Romulans can not use T5 ships from other than the Romulan Republic. So in this case the romulans get shafted....
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The ships the Feds are getting is not the Fleet Ambassador. It is the free T5 version given out to people who do the Temporal Ambassador mission.

I know. I was correcting a statement after which Feds would not get an upgradeble ship. But the Ambassador will be upgradable to T5-U via buying the fleet version for one fleet ship module instead of 4.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i may as well push this one, others may turn it into an entitlement claim, more just to see where the play is on the issue, the kdf and federation get the costumes and ship each... but nothing for the romulans, whats with that? can the romulans get something free?

Yeah, this is getting old. I vividly remember us badgering the devs for weeks just to get Romulan vanity items for the summer event.

Cryptic, are the Romulans supposed to be in this game or not?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dear Romulan Citizen, as you mention you are still fighting and your government is simply too poor to offer you free gifts.