test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

why no fleet love??

jakal122481jakal122481 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
im just saying i invested alot ,i mean alot into fleet gear. and invested real money into fleet ships and now i have to invest more real money to upgrade them??? i mean correct me if im wrong but i didn't see fleet ships on the list to be upgraded for free:confused:
Post edited by jakal122481 on

Comments

• Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Because not only buying fleet modules, buy throwing gobs and gobs of EC, Dilithium, people and widgets into building the starbase was not enough.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The only Fleet ships that can be freely upgraded are the Veteran Ships.

Lockbox ones get the free ride, everything else pays a certain amount. Surprised the Lockbox ones are getting the free ride, but whatever.

Frankly, judging by Cryptic's actions in the past, I'm very surprised even some ships are getting a free upgrade, so I don't mind at all.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    jakal122481jakal122481 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i might aswell buy a t6 ship then since it wont be worth the money to me to pay to upgrade fleet ships. but i guess they already knew that that's why they didn't add them

EDIT:im guessing all mk12 gear vr and fleet will not be upgradable?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fleet T5-U ships will have more consoles and more hull than Tier 6 ships so which ship is better will depend on a case by case analysis.

There is absolutely no information about whether Mk XII equipment will be upgradable to Mk XIV or not, but you would need to be level 60 to start upgrading to Mk XIV equipment if they do introduce such a system.
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Fleet T5-U ships will have more consoles and more hull than Tier 6 ships so which ship is better will depend on a case by case analysis.

There is absolutely no information about whether Mk XII equipment will be upgradable to Mk XIV or not, but you would need to be level 60 to start upgrading to Mk XIV equipment if they do introduce such a system.

Actually the T6 ships will have the same amount of consoles, hp/shhp that T5U have, they will also have +boff station +new boff type +rank 5 leveling.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    Actually the T6 ships will have the same amount of consoles, hp/shhp that T5U have, they will also have +boff station +new boff type +rank 5 leveling.

Actually it depends on the T5-U ship. Tier 6 ships have 10 consoles. T5-U Fleet, Lockbox ships, Grind, Lobi Store, and some C-Store ships have 11 consoles. So some T5-U ships will have an additional console over Tier 6 ships. A T5-U Scimitar will have 11 consoles compared to a Tier 6 Ship which is limited to 10 consoles.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually it depends on the T5-U ship. Tier 6 ships have 10 consoles. T5-U Fleet, Lockbox ships, Grind, Lobi Store, and some C-Store ships have 11 consoles. So some T5-U ships will have an additional console over Tier 6 ships. A T5-U Scimitar will have 11 consoles compared to a Tier 6 Ship which is limited to 10 consoles.

In the T6 ship blog they already mentioned that the new ones have 1 more console slot than T5 ships, so they have 11 which makes them equal with the 5U versions, in that point at least.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Stop comparing against base T6.

Yes a T5 ship with TWO upgrades (fleet and T5-FU) will be roughly equvalent to a base T6. But a T6 that is above base (fleet, lockbox, special, whatever) will be significantly better than that T5 with two upgrades.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Stop comparing against base T6.

Yes a T5 ship with TWO upgrades (fleet and T5-FU) will be roughly equvalent to a base T6. But a T6 that is above base (fleet, lockbox, special, whatever) will be significantly better than that T5 with two upgrades.

It does?

I was pretty sure it said that T6 ships would be T5 strength when you bought them and level up to their T6 capabilities.

It's possible I misinterpreted that bit but that seems to be what it suggested. :\