test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When do you open your lock boxes?

cadfael71cadfael71 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
Just started playing so the only boxes I've seen are the Xindi. I opened a few and noticed they were 'on level' so I had the bright idea of waiting till I hit 50. Done that with two toons but the the problem is I have 2-3 full stacks of boxes on each and I'm still getting them!

So where do you open your boxes - as soon as go get them, wait till you have a stack, have 10, hit a certain level, don't bother with them at all. I could see where these things could get expensive to open if you buy the zen with really money.
Post edited by cadfael71 on

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I open as soon as I pick up the keys for them (always at level 50) which is generally the day of release when getting all that miscellenous content has a point/value. However when I do open a box I generally pick one up from the exchange (since they're generally so cheap the EC cost is barely noticable.) I don't hold onto any lock boxes (since you shouldn't make it a habit to keep opening them. Whatever you need from them can be picked up from the exchange for less overall than relying on the random number generators to spin you something worthwhile. Opening a box should only be attmepted at highly inflated exchange prices, when you need the lobi, or you're hoping against hope for something, like a ship, that you can't possibly afford given your current play habits.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, you don't really want to open those things until you're max level.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I look at what the boxes have. Then open them later on when I can convert dil into zen. But currently my Dil been going to other projects. I'm about done, so with luck I can open some more boxes.

You can open them now or later. However go over the blog on the boxes. And see what is inside and decide. Some are worth open some are not. I got a large amount of dominion and hirogen boxes saved up. Just waiting on a good time to open them.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.