test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A punchy small ship

helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Federation Discussion
Hello evry1. I tried hard to past that ground PVE with Elachi ground Mech to fight against... and really liking my wounds after that... so...

It is my desire, to have a punchy small ship... now I have a fed shuttle and a Runabout...

Can I equip them normal ships stuff like a matter antimatter reactors or the weapons etcetera ?

I suppose the best choice between the two is the Runabout... what is the best equipment I could give it ti make it punchy ?

In the end maybe it is best to get rid of both and acquire a real punchy small ship, and if yes, what one ?
Post edited by helixfungus on

Comments

• bogardanbogardan Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can. In short? You can put regular weapons on your shuttle. Playing a klink, and feeling annoyed? Load a bio-neural warhead and ONE-SHOT the walkers once their shields drop. Feddies have their own awesome stuff they can add to their ships. Heck: You can be sassy and fly around with the omnidirectional antiproton beam weapon and the cutting beam. Or play a fighter pilot with dual heavy cannons and a plasma torpedo. Load up high yield and watch those numbers fly!
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2014
    The Runabout is good enough for the few times you actually use it.

I seriously don't think there is enough content in the game for Shuttles to justify the purchase.

Starship Equipment can go on Shuttles.

@bogardan Isn't the Omnidirectional Antiproton array a Episode reward and available to everyone?
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Cryptic stopped to develop small craft content long ago, so everything about it is half-arsed. Like the other posters said, you can equip everything on shuttles. There are special equipment types for shuttles (the "-S" items), but those are of no use basically since upgraded versions were never developed and the devs just thought "TRIBBLE that, nobody's going to buy that" ;)

The free runabout is more than enough for every small craft content you will encounter which is a total of 4 missions in the entire game I believe.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Cryptic stopped to develop small craft content long ago, so everything about it is half-arsed. Like the other posters said, you can equip everything on shuttles. There are special equipment types for shuttles (the "-S" items), but those are of no use basically since upgraded versions were never developed and the devs just thought "TRIBBLE that, nobody's going to buy that" ;)

The free runabout is more than enough for every small craft content you will encounter which is a total of 4 missions in the entire game I believe.

I am aware of that... but there is a ground mission in which you have to repel an Elachi invasion done with giant mechs flying a shuttle that is hard to complete... I never did finish it in fact, because the best shuttle I had was a cardboard box there...
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am aware of that... but there is a ground mission in which you have to repel an Elachi invasion done with giant mechs flying a shuttle that is hard to complete... I never did finish it in fact, because the best shuttle I had was a cardboard box there...

Well, the regular runabout you can get for free or for EC (I hope it doesn't cost dil, I haven't purchased a small craft since before F2P :D) is the toughest small craft in the game (tying only with the refit yellowstone). I would fit it with DBBs, beam overload and a punchy torpedo like the hargh'peng or rep topedoes for that mission and you should be good :)

Buying a c-store small craft is a waste, really. None of them will get more hull and the peregrine offers only a bit more firepower for even less defense.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou