test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we not have ignored people on our teams?

2»

Comments

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is English your native language? :confused::confused::confused:

I understood him fine.

It doesn't matter if it's his native language or not.

And no, it's not pickiness. I don't mind newbies or awful players. That's fine. It's the trolls I cannot stand... those who deliberately are idiots.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Please, can we have this feature where a person we ignore cannot be teamed with us?

They're ignored... for a reason

what so they can deliberately get enjoyment out of sabotaging your efforts and in knowing your both blocked, he can get away with something that is certain to wind you up no end. chances are nil. and what about in reverse, your intent on wanting to cause trouble up on knowing who is on your team.

i cant see how it could help, on the game people kick the TRIBBLE out of each other; out of sight, out of mind. what makes you think there will be anything fair about it? :P
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited August 2014
    what so they can deliberately get enjoyment out of sabotaging your efforts and in knowing your both blocked, he can get away with something that is certain to wind you up no end. chances are nil. and what about in reverse, your intent on wanting to cause trouble up on knowing who is on your team.

i cant see how it could help, on the game people kick the TRIBBLE out of each other; out of sight, out of mind. what makes you think there will be anything fair about it? :P

Life is not fair
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Life is not fair

and thats not answering the point.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited August 2014
    and thats not answering the point.

on the countary it does answer the point.

Life's not fair. So either the players who want to play gets the fairness or the trolls keep getting the fairness
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Right but that's Captain Kirk and you are no Captain Kirk. No offense. :D

actually, in storyline terms, thats the level of character you are
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But if they're ignored, that means you can't see what they say. So they can't annoy you.

Just because someone is a tool, doesn't mean they can't be useful and kill some Borg cubes.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    edited August 2014
    But if they're ignored, that means you can't see what they say. So they can't annoy you.

Just because someone is a tool, doesn't mean they can't be useful and kill some Borg cubes.

I don't ignore the tools, I ignore the ones who try to ruin the game.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    having a block for teaming with ignored players could also be a problem for you, you are supposing it would be the players you block that would not be allowed on the team but it could work the other way.
    supposing you had a fair few number of players on ignore, and then when you got a special event like CE or mirror you could have problems getting on a team that didn't have an ignored player on it.
    supposing you was doing something like epohh tagging for example the team leader could have already invited a blocked player and you yourself could be blocked from joining the team because there is a player you blocked on it.

I cant honestly see why most people bother with the ignore list anyway to be quite honest, I have zero players on ignore, I am more then capable of ignoring players without a machine doing it for me.
    at most times I find that with the amount of players in the game it is pretty rare I ever come across certain players that often.

unless you get a particular player who is going out of his way to actually stalk you it might be handy but even then I would gather the evidence and send it to cryptic.
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    STO would not make an ability that allows one player to keep others out of a PuG team, but it is reasonable to have a feature that allows you to decline a PuG that has an ignored person on it. You will be allowed to select the next available team. No harm, no foul (mouth). :P

that's not a bad idea on the face of it but it could hold up the game no end.
    I am guessing that your ignored player will be highlighted and you will be highlighted to him so you can both decide if you want to be teamed but then how long does the game have to wait for you both to decide if you want to play together, then what happens if one or both of you opt out at the last second, will the game go ahead short handed or have to wait for more randomly selected players to join the team.
    it might not be too bad in a game that is popular at that time like CE is now but what of a game that's not so popular, you could be waiting a long time to get in and also holding up the other innocent players who you might have been teamed with before.

I wonder how you would get on in real life if you were in an organization such as star fleet, im thinking army or navy, you go where they send you and you are teamed with maybe people who you would rather ignore, how long do you think you would last if you refused to go because you didn't much care for one of the other members of the team, and if that team member yelled duck you might find yourself on the wrong end of a bullet if you ignored his warning.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

edited August 2014
    the ignore system works in the elite channel.

But when you got those events coming up, there's 300 players at any given time playing. I don't have a problem waiting an extra 5 seconds
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    See, I like the idea that if you've ignored someone, it makes them wait for the queue. This would be a good way to combat AFKers in events like Mirror Invasion.
    edited August 2014
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    See, I like the idea that if you've ignored someone, it makes them wait for the queue. This would be a good way to combat AFKers in events like Mirror Invasion.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

it'd deal with afkers... if those who join to go afk are being ignored and unable to join games, they'd put an effort in playing
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

it'd deal with afkers... if those who join to go afk are being ignored and unable to join games, they'd put an effort in playing

No, this wouldn't work at all. If people that were ignored had to wait, then it'd be an instant griefing tool as you'd have groups that would ignore people and then just run queue's all the time so that said player NEVER gets to play at all.

100% against this idea.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

edited August 2014
    askray wrote: »
    No, this wouldn't work at all. If people that were ignored had to wait, then it'd be an instant griefing tool as you'd have groups that would ignore people and then just run queue's all the time so that said player NEVER gets to play at all.

100% against this idea.

Could you put some sort of time gate in it? say 'ignore lasts two weeks'?
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If such a thing were implemented, then the onus should always be on the person doing the ignoring to be left out of groups with someone who is ignored.

That would mean that if you queue up and someone on your ignore list is queuing up at the same time, then YOU are the one that is left out of the group while the person on your ignore list goes on to join the mission.

So people who insult others or are major TRIBBLE-ups get preferred treatment those they insulted? That would just mean they could troll their victims from beyond the grave....

Do you believe in locking up victims of a hate crime for their own protection and letting the violator run free, too?
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So people who insult others or are major TRIBBLE-ups get preferred treatment those they insulted? That would just mean they could troll their victims from beyond the grave....

If you are the one who decides to do the ignoring then you are the one who should take a step back. It's fairer then saying "I ignore you, so I will always be cued before you. suck it."
    Maybe you have a good reason for ignoring them, but that doesn't mean you should get preferential treatment over them.
    And to be frank not everyone is gonna ignore someone for a good reason. "I don't like your face. Ignore!"

Do you believe in locking up victims of a hate crime for their own protection and letting the violator run free, too?

Please don't make ridiculous comparisons to try and score points. It's just plain tasteless and cheapens the whole debate. (and makes you look just generally bad.)
    You owe it to yourself to do better then that.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy