test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tonights rematch...

muhaha#7940 muhaha Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvP Gameplay
I heard it was a good game between Pandas & HOBO.
Post edited by muhaha#7940 on

Comments

• iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Any words on the outcome?
  • brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited August 2014
    Why didn't anyone tell me?

We did meet in Ker'rat. It was a glorious battle... For a while the numbers were pretty even and it was incredibly fun. Even after the hobos called in the cavalry and outnumbered us 2:1 we kept getting kills and holding our own. Fun times.

It's a shame that it couldn't stay a more even fight longer though. It's much more fun that way and I can't imagine how they can enjoy always outnumbering the enemy there. So little challenge in it, and isn't the challenge the best part of PvP? At least we got to enjoy successfully fighting stacked odds. :)

Special thanks to Starwrath for staying with us the whole time to help us defend the farmers and punish the "evuls"
    LOLSTO
  • blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    brandonfl wrote: »

We did meet in Ker'rat. It was a glorious battle... For a while the numbers were pretty even and it was incredibly fun. Even after the hobos called in the cavalry and outnumbered us 2:1 we kept getting kills and holding our own. Fun times.

It's a shame that it couldn't stay a more even fight longer though. It's much more fun that way and I can't imagine how they can enjoy always outnumbering the enemy there. So little challenge in it, and isn't the challenge the best part of PvP? At least we got to enjoy successfully fighting stacked odds. :)

It's not like we counted who was in there and devised a way to bring precisely double that number. Some fleeties asked for help and they got it. I'm not going to bombard the fleet with mails and channel spam imploring them to stay out of a particular zone.

Good fights were had and I don't see why it has to go further than that.

As for a rematch, no that has not happened. The fights in Ker'rat were good fun though.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
    edited August 2014
    blahhdrey wrote: »
    It's not like we counted who was in there and devised a way to bring precisely double that number. Some fleeties asked for help and they got it. I'm not going to bombard the fleet with mails and channel spam imploring them to stay out of a particular zone.

Good fights were had and I don't see why it has to go further than that.

As for a rematch, no that has not happened. The fights in Ker'rat were good fun though.

I understand that Zan, and yes it really was fun. Still, there were 3 active zones and only 1 hobo in any of them other than the one we were fighting in. Poor minimax had to face the feds all by himself in instance 1, and I didn't see anyone rushing there to help him out. It just seemed like the intent was to make sure the Pandas were outnumbered. Though I could be completely off-base.
    LOLSTO
    edited August 2014
    I understand that Zan, and yes it really was fun. Still, there were 3 active zones and only 1 hobo in any of them other than the one we were fighting in. Poor minimax had to face the feds all by himself in instance 1, and I didn't see anyone rushing there to help him out. It just seemed like the intent was to make sure the Pandas were outnumbered. Though I could be completely off-base.

Most of us were just trying to get into the zone with the big fight, 'cause that's fun. Mini tried as well, but he wasn't asking for any help in his zone. Of all the people I know in STO mini would be the last to put out a call for help. Paraphrasing, he likes being outnumbered in a target-rich environment.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
  • ibuyevryshipibuyevryship Member Posts: 280
    edited August 2014

We work like that. somone said Udge panda fed ball in zone .. thne we said lest go intercept them !!

Mini did even try to come in our zone :P but with no success exept at the end when all feds warped out
    edited August 2014

No, you are 100% correct. The HOBO distress call is famous, no matter how much the person above you try to claim otherwise.

I wish I was there today but I did team with a Panda yesterday to punish the evul cheating Hobo, fun time indeed.
    edited August 2014
    Most of us were just trying to get into the zone with the big fight, 'cause that's fun. Mini tried as well, but he wasn't asking for any help in his zone. Of all the people I know in STO mini would be the last to put out a call for help. Paraphrasing, he likes being outnumbered in a target-rich environment.

Yes he does.

At what point does it cease to be fun though? How horribly outnumbered does the enemy have to be before it's no longer enjoyable for either party? No challenge for the victors and no chance for the losers? That's my point. I understand why it happens, I just don't get why it's fun. Maybe I'm just too nice. I've never really enjoyed making others miserable because I wouldn't want it to happen to me. A fact that keeps me out of most open world PvP games.
    LOLSTO
    edited August 2014
    We work like that. somone said Udge panda fed ball in zone .. thne we said lest go intercept them !!

Mini did even try to come in our zone :P but with no success exept at the end when all feds warped out

and if it had gone down differently everyone could have been enjoying more balanced fights across multiple zones.. that would seem like a bigger success to me.
    LOLSTO
    edited August 2014

That's complete and total BS. He likes a target rich environment , no question about that with one major caveat - an environment where he can safely hunt, aka full of noobs. Otherwise, he either changes instance, fled or pressed the HOBO distress call.
  • bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Five pandas, hearing the rally cry of feds in need, swarmed to kerrat, only to be out swarmed by kdf. Their zergling surrounds were A+. Although we tried as much temporal marine stutter stepping as possible, there was no where left to run and we succumbed to the eventual outnumbering. But fear not. Cuz I'm sitting on Drozana as the rest of the day has been super boring.

Ok rp mode off.

Super fun times today guys, and civil and friendly and lots of stuff. Look forward to more of that and less of these threads.
    edited August 2014
    Yes he does.

At what point does it cease to be fun though? How horribly outnumbered does the enemy have to be before it's no longer enjoyable for either party? No challenge for the victors and no chance for the losers? That's my point. I understand why it happens, I just don't get why it's fun. Maybe I'm just too nice. I've never really enjoyed making others miserable because I wouldn't want it to happen to me. A fact that keeps me out of most open world PvP games.

I'm not out to make anybody miserable, nor are my friends. It's not like we were in there with 15 people killing five farmers.

But yeah, these threads are just drama magnets and I already regret having posted in this one at all. GF, see ya later.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
    edited August 2014
    and if it had gone down differently everyone could have been enjoying more balanced fights across multiple zones.. that would seem like a bigger success to me.

You know HOBO has a kink for spawn camping, that says it all about what they enjoy.
    edited August 2014
    I'm not out to make anybody miserable, nor are my friends. It's not like we were in there with 15 people killing five farmers.

But yeah, these threads are just drama magnets and I already regret having posted in this one at all. GF, see ya later.

It's been completely civil so far, but you're right, it'll probably devolve at some point. Good night.
    LOLSTO
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

3 pandas and a critz toon ;) a ball does not make. But its all good it was fun.

Lets be honest the real reason you guys called it in was my Epic Romulan RPing.

All joking aside it was a good time... thanks for the fights. As Brandon has stated already we had a great time... was fun the last 10min a little less so that will happen when 2 tac and 7 sci hobos in there premade ships end up in the zone. ;)

GG hopefully we can meet up again in kerrat at some point. To be honest we don't often have a 5 man premade one. (contrary to what some hobos insisted on for months). There where 4 pandas on tonight so we went to kerrat. I'm sure at some point we will be able to give zelda the private hes itching for. You have to remember where all semi retired.

GFs to all the hobos we shot and and where shot by. The Romulan Star empire will return to enforce a few more tax exemption nights.

PS... this game has been around for a long time now... few of the vet hobos started out as hobos few of the vet pandas started out as pandas. It was good shooting at old hobo fleet mates again. All RPing sillyness aside guys lets all remember that any of us that have in fact TALKED to each other for more then 2min like one another almost all the time. Where just a bunch of trek nerds after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited August 2014

We haven't given blueg or ash any reason to slap fingers. Good times where had... some RPing happend. Some pvp went down. Looking forward to more and I hope everyone else feels the same. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    edited August 2014
    riyottsa wrote: »
    JJTrek best Trek

Nope, because it doesn't have Captain Janeway.
    LOLSTO
    edited August 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    The one night I don't log on this happens... I wanna destroy the almighty panda, they will suffer for the humiliation the klingon elite felt recently. God damn it let me at them... (clear me for subnukes and spam dudes) :mad:

I don't think we humiliated anyone. Humbled perhaps. Doesn't take much to do that when you claim to be the best though. I joke. No team that has ever played this game has been unbeaten, including hobos and pandas, claims to the contrary are silly RP. The premade game was fun the kerrat Rping mass spawning of everyone was fun. Hopefully we can do more of both. We where asked for a preamde tonight really we had 4 guys on, I'm sure you guys will get your rematch at some point. Until then I'm sure a few of us will drop by kerrat more often if you guys are going to give us some no BS fights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ussenterpisezussenterpisez Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    uglybone wrote: »
    I heard it was a good game between Pandas & HOBO.

Nice alt account :D
    I don't normaly Kerrat but it was fun :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    Peace guys? Nevah!
    I say...cry havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War!:D

I see what you did there. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lascaillelascaille Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Special thanks to Starwrath for staying with us the whole time to help us defend the farmers and punish the "evuls"
    you must be lying!!!
    you can't have any chance, when you are fighting against the best pvp fleet (statement of some hobos members), especially when you are outnumbered

*scnr* ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]