test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Exchange: Kit Module tab

joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 117 Arc User
A suggestion for consideration. Yesterday I spent a good 10 minutes or so trying to find kit modules for my mk XII kit. I went to personal equipment, a logical place to look, I saw kit, again seemed a logical place to search. Nothing showed up but actual kits. Finally a friend pointed out to me that kit modules were listed at the very bottom of the exchange window.

I think it would be better if you moved it to the Personal equipment tab so that it is in the same window as actual Kits. I have been playing STO since beta and I missed the kit modules tab at the bottom of the list. So it stands to reason that new players to the game would be totally lost if they were looking for Kit Modules.

Please move it from the bottom and into the Personal equipment tab. Thank you!
Fleet Admiral Zach Caldwell
Commanding Officer, Strategic Starfleet Operations
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    artemisa0kartemisa0k Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Biggest problem is atm its not really even worth using the tab since for whatever reason they didn't break it up similar to consoles into (tactical, science & engineer) so you basically get to browse through a max of 400 assorted modules with each classes mixed together.

the simplest method to find what your looking for at the moment is to search by the module type.

the module types I believe are as follows

Tactical : Assault & Strategic
    Science : Medic & Research
    Engineer : Mechanic & Fabrication (not 100% on this one)

if you just search for the type with rarity & rank it gives you a fairly manageable list to go through and pick easily from it can still bug and not give any results occasionally but selecting the module tab and trying again usually fix's that.

But yeah I defiantly agree that it should be moved into personal equipment, it should also be broken down further similar to consoles into Tactical, Engineer & Science
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Placing it down at the bottom is just plain lazy.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Huh. That is crazy...I honestly thought there simply wasn't a tab, and have been searching for Kit Modules under "All."
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    artemisa0k wrote: »
    Biggest problem is atm its not really even worth using the tab since for whatever reason they didn't break it up similar to consoles into (tactical, science & engineer) so you basically get to browse through a max of 400 assorted modules with each classes mixed together.

I'd be okay with breaking it down by Eng/Tac/Sci, but I don't think it's necessary to do it any further. How often are you just browsing for modules without knowing which one you want, anyway?
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    artemisa0kartemisa0k Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    fairly often surprisingly especially with the new ones coming from lockbox's and such, its also handy if you don't have them all memorized or are wanting to try something new.

having them broken up into the categories isn't exactly a must have its more of a convenience thing which is what the tab's are supposed to be for really since technically you could just search for whatever you wanted by name the separation's and categories just help you kinda go through and browse if your not sure exactly what you want and such and not need to remember a name.

really a number of the tabs should have sub-categories to simplify things, consoles being one (consoles > engineering > power , movement , armor/resistance) its more to simplify things for people who don't really know what they want exactly but know kind of what they would like to modify.

but all in all really the whole exchange could really benefit from a complete redo
  • Options
    pteal1979pteal1979 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    surely the best solution would be a career filter at the top of the exchange like the rank and rarity ones.