test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bridge/Ship Interior Missions

foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
Simple suggestion.

Yes yes, i know a lot of people do not like ground combat (myself included) however this would still generate additional gameplay and could be fun.

1) Set up some missions for inside the ship. The player ship. Based on the interiors you selected.

So if you have the defiant set, your fighting on a defiant class. etc

2) Generate ground missions. Que for 'Repel boarding parties' and you get randomly generated boarding parties that have attacked, set bombs up, etc. Simple mission.

So you could have different scenarios. This is just an example.

Scenario 1:

Boarding Parties - Ship has been boarded by hostiles. Generate randomly, give them a few missions like setting up bombs or attacking the warp core etc. Player is taken to their ship interior and has to defend.

Now, the advanced stuff? Give the player the feel of being the captain defending the ship. So to do this, you need to have options.

At the start of the mission you begin on the bridge, with enemies beaming in and an officer shouting 'We're being boarded!' or some equivalent. Once the bridge is secure, you get interaction with the bridge crew to order security about, damage control teams, etc. All that stuff.

1) Wounded crew - Interactions to send them to medical, etc.

2) Security - You should be able to choose to send security to one of the decks i.e 'Go secure engineering!' (spawns security crew in engineering, leaving player to deal with objective in crew quarters, etc) Alternatively, you should be able to order the security personnel to follow you.

3) Internal damage - Exploding consoles, fires, warp core breaches, all that kind of thing that would require a player to interact with something to stop it.

Scenario 2:

Pathogen/Infection

Player starts in medical with a infected crew member in isolation, Doctor (which should be the players chosen chief medical officer)

Medical Officer explains unknown pathogen, etcetera. Then suggests quarentine.

Player has to arrange the ships quarentine. Could go anyway:

1) Infected crew break out of medical, infect more crew. Have to secure and subdue them.

2) Player could get various science-minigames as seen in missions, and have to work out the correct cure (If medical/science officer) or if other profession get equally different ways to deal with it.

Such as engineering: Technobabble here, generally thinking a way to vent the pathogen from the ships atmosphere.

Or Tactical: A way to subdue the crew until the CMO has found a cure.

Those are just examples. It just seems to me that the interiors are SO very wasted right now, they are beautifully crafted and that we could have so much more activity in these areas.

A lot of the stuff for this is already in-game, surely it can be done? (After expansion, i know you guys are busy with that)

Just a thought.
Post edited by foxwater on

Comments

• huntingdon1701huntingdon1701 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I like the sound of that and it builds on the new introductory tour missions. There are some foundry missions that come close, but it'd be nice in the main game.
  • alteziofett66alteziofett66 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd love to see something like that. After all, plenty of episodes dealt with intra-ship problems, it'd be really neat to see them play out. In fact, some of the best ones were the bottle episodes, like 'Duet' (Yes, I know that was a space station, but the point stands). Plus, it'd give us something to do with the interior anyways. There's really no reason for going in there except to look around and say "Oh, I like that!"
  • teshultz1teshultz1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like to see missions on my ships, in my ships interior, too! But with the advent of the new ships that do not have any interior except a bridge it would be impossible. Except fightin on the bridge.
  • apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Oh wow, I had the exact same thought a few days ago. Add the ability to hold PvP matches in your bridge and you've got yourself a thumbs up!
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This has been brought up many times in the last 5 years...

It didnt happen yet. Not even a word on that something like this is beeing discussed...

I would like to see it, but somehow the Main Focus of this game is on Battlezones and other stuff. Not our own ship sadly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    foxwater wrote: »
    Simple suggestion.

Yes yes, i know a lot of people do not like ground combat (myself included) however this would still generate additional gameplay and could be fun.

1) Set up some missions for inside the ship. The player ship. Based on the interiors you selected.

So if you have the defiant set, your fighting on a defiant class. etc

2) Generate ground missions. Que for 'Repel boarding parties' and you get randomly generated boarding parties that have attacked, set bombs up, etc. Simple mission.

So you could have different scenarios. This is just an example.

Scenario 1:

Boarding Parties - Ship has been boarded by hostiles. Generate randomly, give them a few missions like setting up bombs or attacking the warp core etc. Player is taken to their ship interior and has to defend.

Now, the advanced stuff? Give the player the feel of being the captain defending the ship. So to do this, you need to have options.

At the start of the mission you begin on the bridge, with enemies beaming in and an officer shouting 'We're being boarded!' or some equivalent. Once the bridge is secure, you get interaction with the bridge crew to order security about, damage control teams, etc. All that stuff.

1) Wounded crew - Interactions to send them to medical, etc.

2) Security - You should be able to choose to send security to one of the decks i.e 'Go secure engineering!' (spawns security crew in engineering, leaving player to deal with objective in crew quarters, etc) Alternatively, you should be able to order the security personnel to follow you.

3) Internal damage - Exploding consoles, fires, warp core breaches, all that kind of thing that would require a player to interact with something to stop it.

Scenario 2:

Pathogen/Infection

Player starts in medical with a infected crew member in isolation, Doctor (which should be the players chosen chief medical officer)

Medical Officer explains unknown pathogen, etcetera. Then suggests quarentine.

Player has to arrange the ships quarentine. Could go anyway:

1) Infected crew break out of medical, infect more crew. Have to secure and subdue them.

2) Player could get various science-minigames as seen in missions, and have to work out the correct cure (If medical/science officer) or if other profession get equally different ways to deal with it.

Such as engineering: Technobabble here, generally thinking a way to vent the pathogen from the ships atmosphere.

Or Tactical: A way to subdue the crew until the CMO has found a cure.

Those are just examples. It just seems to me that the interiors are SO very wasted right now, they are beautifully crafted and that we could have so much more activity in these areas.

A lot of the stuff for this is already in-game, surely it can be done? (After expansion, i know you guys are busy with that)

Just a thought.

Dumb ensign #3 programs a holodeck version of Khan...Khan gains sentience and reprograms the holodeck and takes over the ship.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.