test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier based pvp matches

tinkerbelchtinkerbelch Member Posts: 138 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PvP Gameplay
I would really like to see tier based matches for pvp. Equip the ship you want to play with, and it will match you to others with the same tier ship equipped. I would love to have a use for my older ships other than equipment storage.

Now a question might be, should the equipment also me limited by tier. ie, mk IV for tier 2. I don't know.

But right now there is no way to limit pvp from using the best end game ships, boffs, doffs, equipment, and this can be a big turn off for people wanting to learn pvp.
Post edited by tinkerbelch on

Comments

• Options
    tinkerbelchtinkerbelch Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, It is kinda funny. But I still want to dream man :)
  • Options
    whitespock101whitespock101 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Cryptic update and support true PvP growth and game play?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I believe I had a dream about that 1 night then quickly woke up and laughed.

So sad...

Why troll so hard. lol :D:D Some people, not including myself, still have some faith...
    Don't Blink, Dont Even Blink. Blink and Your'e Dead

-32nd Vipers- PvP Team
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    I lost faith so now I get my kicks by trolling. Lolol

Welcome to my world, still plenty of seats open for others btw.
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But right now there is no way to limit pvp from using the best end game ships, boffs, doffs, equipment, and this can be a big turn off for people wanting to learn pvp.

umm isnt the point of pvp to test your self your skills your moves your setup think learn be creative try new designs make your setup yours perfect for how you play learn over time? reducing that to flying connies with blue phasers would be a who presses bo first thing..and completely avoid the part of testing your self...
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    umm isnt the point of pvp to test your self your skills your moves your setup think learn be creative try new designs make your setup yours perfect for how you play learn over time? reducing that to flying connies with blue phasers would be a who presses bo first thing..and completely avoid the part of testing your self...
    I thought the point is to have fun.

And PvP in lower tier ships was really fun back in the day, without all the power creep faw jhas vaper pet spam stuff. You had to make due with what you had, with only a small selection of boff skills and weapons. It was nice.

Not gonna happen though. PvP in STO is as good as dead at this point.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Tiers are never the solution in any game let alone one with such a low number of actual pvp players.

The actual solution has been presented to Crytptic 20x over. In fact Mancom even went one further and Did the work for them. All they had to do was look at his work and pay attention. He even offered all his code if it helped them. His leader board is great... and he built a team balancing tool for the Tyler Durden channel. Based on the data he collected on every match that was submitted to him his tool auto balnaces teams based on actual skill and class types. Had Cryptic done what we would have liked and added that to the Solo que and removed the silly idea of duo and made it a true TD style que. The games PvP would be in better shape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Tiers are never the solution in any game let alone one with such a low number of actual pvp players.

The actual solution has been presented to Crytptic 20x over. In fact Mancom even went one further and Did the work for them. All they had to do was look at his work and pay attention. He even offered all his code if it helped them. His leader board is great... and he built a team balancing tool for the Tyler Durden channel. Based on the data he collected on every match that was submitted to him his tool auto balnaces teams based on actual skill and class types. Had Cryptic done what we would have liked and added that to the Solo que and removed the silly idea of duo and made it a true TD style que. The games PvP would be in better shape.
    ^^This, this, this, this, this and this.
    jjdez wrote: »
    Welcome to my world, still plenty of seats open for others btw.
    Thanks for holding my seat :D.