test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Man, don't you wish we has this as an Oddy variant?

alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
Legacy mk 2. I'm in love. But I'm also heartbroken because I know Cryptic'll never be able to use it...

Perhaps just take inspiration? Please?

Side

Source.

Also see here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Meh, it's kinda generic looking.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I like it better than the current odyssey but it looks way too similar to an intrepid. Less saucer, more hull, and then I'd be impressed.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Let's see; Odyssey, Vesta, Avenger, Dyson Science Destroyers... I'll be honest, I'm getting kind of tired of 'sleek', 'streamlined' ships. It's just like in real-life when they started streamlining cars, eventually they all start looking more or less the same.

You know what I really want? I want a ship with a nice neck to it, maybe a round saucer, not something made for more speed in a quantum slipstream, but something designed to say "Here I am; look at me, talk to me," something... regal, something elegant... something grand...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Legacy mk 2. I'm in love. But I'm also heartbroken because I know Cryptic'll never be able to use it...

Side

Source.

Also see here.
    I like it, especiall since it nacelles aren't so dominant like most other ships nowadays.

What i would like to see are more majestic lookign ships, you know wide and powerful looking.
    I never liked that "racing car" approach that was started with the sovereign.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Side

Source.

Also see here.

Looks more like a Sovy variant. That being said, I would pay to have those parts added to the Assault Cruiser.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Real fine looking ship. The body of it has this very stealthy and clean look. Wish it was in the game.

I don't mind the drag-racer streamlines, majestic over-sized warp nacelles, and enjoy my odyssey and the look of many other ships such as the vestas, avenger (would be great if it was elongated a bit), and Assault Cruiser Refit (Regent), though can't handle the dyson destoyers' look. Variety is great.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd fly it. It actually looks like a Star Fleet design, unlike most of what Cryptic has been putting out.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well for one thing it has more Sovereign/Nova like Bussards and I like that

However, the Nacelle length and saucer length are aesthetically out of proportion ( Matter of opinion I know)

Other than that I think its a nice ship, Its fairly generic I guess, could hve a little bit more going on but a solid design.
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited August 2014
    It's not a bad ship, it just doesn't "wow" me.

Unfortunately, the devs said at Star Trek Las Vegas that they do not plan to incorporate any more third party ships for the time being. They want to focus on their own designs.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Let's see; Odyssey, Vesta, Avenger, Dyson Science Destroyers... I'll be honest, I'm getting kind of tired of 'sleek', 'streamlined' ships. It's just like in real-life when they started streamlining cars, eventually they all start looking more or less the same.

You know what I really want? I want a ship with a nice neck to it, maybe a round saucer, not something made for more speed in a quantum slipstream, but something designed to say "Here I am; look at me, talk to me," something... regal, something elegant... something grand...

"Excelsior!"
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.