Install Arc
Options

Toss me some foundry mission ideas

2»

Comments

• Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm going to go with the whole 'ripped from the headlines, but slightly outdated' theme Star Trek has always gone for in its social commentary.

A riled up batch of Bajorans declare Sisko's tenancy aboard DS9 invalid, as he wasn't a 'real' federation citizen, and say his tenure at starfleet was (along with all the official decisions he made while there) entirely without legal merit.

To prevent a terrible catastrophe, and the possible outbreak of war, your captain has to clear this up. Your task is to go around talking to all the colorful characters aboard DS9, and find Sisko's birth certificate.

(it's in the sofa. Long story)
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Agreed with the ripped-from-the-headlines part.

Here's a possibility: Allegory to the current civil war in Iraq, with the True Way under new leadership standing in for ISIS/ISIL, the CDF playing the Iraqi Army, outgunned and out-motivated, and a homegrown Cardassian citizen militia in place of the Peshmerga. Hell, there's even a religious minority for them to persecute, the Oralians, who are mentioned in the 2383 chapter of The Path to 2409.

Lots of options here, among them political entanglements with the Prime Directive and the Federation not ready to commit to another fight right after putting an end to the Federation-Klingon War.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/