test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why buy Lobi and end game Ships..

qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
with a new expansion on the horizon, and confirmation of T6 ships, is there any wisdom in spending your hard earned Money, Lobi or EC on the current end game ships?

*EDIT

Already another thread well underway with the same question

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1185411
tYld1gu.gif?1
TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Because you like them.

This. With the level of challenge that STO currently has, then it doesn't matter what type of ship you have. Level 60 will not change this.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    Because you like them.

Yep. Still love my JHDC, and still saving for my JHAS.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    This. With the level of challenge that STO currently has, then it doesn't matter what type of ship you have. Level 60 will not change this.

As someone asked another in a different thread: Are you flying T4 ships with your Lv50? If so, congrats on taking that challenge. But I'm willing to wager something like 99.9% of the playerbase will fly proper T5 ships at Lv50.

I know this game is simpleton easy. You can take low tier ships and complete endgame content. But you know full well as I do that the move towards T6 will be forceful. Otherwise, why aren't we all flying T4 currently with Lv50 toons?

And when the floodgates open with Exp.2, when you ding Lv60, are you going to fly that T5... or T4 ship still?

Methinks no, because 99.9% of the playerbase will seek to fly a proper T6 vessel. A T6 ship > T5. That's how it is every time you move up tiers. No going around it. Even the devs said that an upgraded T5 will not have the bells & whistles of a proper, original T6 ship.

It's called power creep, and you are to buy in on it or stay left behind. Those fancy lockbox, fleet ships, lobi ships that we've all spent a lot on?

OBSOLETE the moment you can access real T6 ships.

And with that in mind, it is a terrible, terrible time to buy a very expensive ship if you are already content with the performance of your current one. Everything we have in ships, weapons, space sets will all be obsolete very soon. You can make do with current stuff like Mk XII's. But you know the step up in power towards Mk XIV and whatnot will be undeniable in power also.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    nachtfangennachtfangen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Another blatant cash grab, that's all it is.

Deal, or door.

I might still be playing, but I've put my wallet away.