test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

That STF Queue Popup Whistle...

rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Controls and User Interface
...is sorely out of place for the KDF.

Can that "sound" be changed to a Pulsewave cycling a round?
Sort of like this sound effect.
NO to ARC
RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Post edited by rezking on

Comments

• Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It would be nice to have optional sounds , maybe different UI colour schemes could decide the sound

Personally while i like the sound, I'd rather have a Yellow Alert message play instead.
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,479 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I personally like the STF Queue Popup Whistle, but I understand why some might think it is annoying. It should be only for Feds, the Romulans should have their sound effect, and the Klingons as well. I personally don't mind the sound effect. But just add different sound effects for the Romulans and the Klingons and it will be ok. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You know that a lot of people probably don't even know about the colour schemes? It's not actually written anywhere, or made obvious (similar to 99.99999854885555% of STO)

But if there were a unique sound effect for each faction the "scheme" choice would definitely be the place to add/change it.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For Romulans, they should use that sound effect we saw in Contagion when the warbird's self destruct was activated byt the Iconian virus.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014
    What if they use that Klingon klaxon you always hear?
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My theme is Gorn and it works pretty well. Still CPT Kirk's Boson whistle, but effective.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How about the KDF gets Worf's Klingon Death Ritual yell? :D The Fed whistle is a bit quiet and hard to hear sometimes when you're busy. The yell would wake you up even when dozing in the longest queue.
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I definitely agree that faction-specific variations in the STF Queue Popup whistle would be a great addition to the game.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.