test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thanks for the Free Uniforms!

macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
Okay, one positive thread to break up the routine. Cryptic, thanks for the Ody uniforms. I tailored my gal a ******** purple outfit!
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
Post edited by macronius on

Comments

• Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    Okay, one positive thread to break up the routine. Cryptic, thanks for the Ody uniforms. I tailored my gal a ******** purple outfit!

Yes, love 'em too..... my Fed Eng already had 'em through her fleet..... but it's nice getting them on ones without access to 'em before. And I love the dress uniform as well, got that along with the tac oddy uniform on my eng.
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like em too, specially how they look on my ferasans. But i cant use em in my rommie boffs, for unknown reasons. It looks like the uniforms in romulan boffs (romulan character) are unable to wear em. :( (even if they should).
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was already using the Oddy Uniform with a color scheme more akin to the 'All Good Things' uniform. But Im glad they decided to make it a Game-wide thing rather then keep it locked up in a Fleet Tailor.

Ive felt ever since they were introduced to the Fleets that they were of a quality more akin to a Star Trek game/universe then any of the other uniforms. Mostly because theyre sleek and there arent too many lines and patterns on them like other uniforms.

I do like the fact that theyve decided to put out a uniform code to promote a more organized look to Starfleet. Prior to this going to ESD nagged me because while I could tolerate other players choices. It bothered me to see NPCs wearing all sorts of uniforms and colors. It felt nothing like Starfleet or the Federation should come off as. I felt like I was beaming into a bowl of fruity pebbles rather then a Starfleet Starbase or Starship.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    I was already using the Oddy Uniform with a color scheme more akin to the 'All Good Things' uniform. But Im glad they decided to make it a Game-wide thing rather then keep it locked up in a Fleet Tailor.

Ive felt ever since they were introduced to the Fleets that they were of a quality more akin to a Star Trek game/universe then any of the other uniforms. Mostly because theyre sleek and there arent too many lines and patterns on them like other uniforms.

I do like the fact that theyve decided to put out a uniform code to promote a more organized look to Starfleet. Prior to this going to ESD nagged me because while I could tolerate other players choices. It bothered me to see NPCs wearing all sorts of uniforms and colors. It felt nothing like Starfleet or the Federation should come off as. I felt like I was beaming into a bowl of fruity pebbles rather then a Starfleet Starbase or Starship.

Agree, Did one the new FE on alt and I enjoyed seeing uniforms. Small things can have a big impact.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I felt like I was beaming into a bowl of fruity pebbles rather then a Starfleet Starbase or Starship.

Dang, now I'm hungry.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Agreed; this move was as unexpected as it was awesome. Thanks :)
  • Options
    infammableinfammable Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I absolutely adore the new uniforms as well, especially the homage to TWOK. After a quick glance, however, I invoked the "Captain's" perogative and tossed the color coding/style chart out the nearest airlock. I've spent far too much time designing tasteful uniforms for my crew and myself to hand that duty over to bureaucrats and their monochrome sense of style.

:cool:
    Because it's the sound that steel shod boots make on the deck plating of a real warship. As opposed [to] the cushy carpeting on the Federation luxury liners.
    Archived post on the origin of the word "Klink"
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i have to say i like this uniform as well its even got me thinking on buying uniform slots because all my feds are maxed out with all my other uniform lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.