test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Honourless dogs at Ker'rat

deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
So I'm hunting for borg. I'm well aware of Klingons on the prowl and engaged a few. Lost some, won some...

then this klingon attacks me... in a b'ret... no alpha strike. I think it was an engineer because of his impressive heals.

I'm in an excel, with pvp weapons and after about 10-15 seconds of engaging him, I rip him a new one and proceed. He does not damage me at all.

He returns, after I eliminate a squadron of probes. He gets a shield down but I quickly adapt and destroy him even faster.

He tries again... and dies.

I'm thinking he gives up. I go engage a squadron of klingons in a dogfight with feds. I die. Oh well.

Then I engage the tac cubes, I'm fighting 2 tac cubes and a bunch of smaller ones. He decides to jump me then... my threat rating is high so everyone's shooting at me... and i finally die.

Seriously? you had to wait til 2 tac cubes, a bunch of cubes and whatever else in the area shoots at me, before you try to ambush me? Where's the honour in that?

pagh batlh nuch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    more like a romulan move and a move i would use also but this is coming from a romulan :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's Kerrat. PVP/PVE zone. You know the game. Everyone else knows the game.

You put yourself in a situation where you had to juggle a lot. Not the enemy's fault to pick a time and place and setting of his choosing to his or her advantage.

That's war.

Even 1-on-1 space battles is not how the Klingons wage war. Or anyone else that I can think of in Star Trek in general. The Klingons have their own sense of honor and it's not the same of some ideal Earthbound knights in shining armor with beautiful pennants flying and fair maidens watching in the stands in a field of grass, watching a tourney.

Anyways, picking a fight where the enemy is at the most disadvantaged is one of the most basic fundamentals. Your opponent earlier couldn't do the job done as normal. But he did get you later, and you crying here on the forums thoroughly proves how completely and thoroughly you lost.

On the battlefield.

And off the battlefield :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I died in pvp this one time. This guy had this ship and it had these glowy lines that made me blow up. True story. No screenshots to prove it though.
    The Klingons have their own sense of honor and it's not the same of some ideal Earthbound knights in shining armor with beautiful pennants flying and fair maidens watching in the stands in a field of grass, watching a tourney.

The Klingon sense of honor, like so much else in Star Trek, is extremely malleable and varies from series-to-series, episode-to-episode, character-to-character. It means whatever the writers want it to mean for that particular episode. Anything can be honorable or dishonorable as long as it's a klingon saying it, and nobody questions it.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have used that tactic when playing on the KDF side. Ships like BoPs and Tvaros are built for that kind of attack. I got bored waiting for CDs though, and haven't played that toon too much.

And I have been the Fed getting picked off too. But I wouldn't make a thread about it. Feds outnumber KDF 5 to 1 nearly all the time. And really, if you get picked off in what I assume to be an A2B Cruiser, that's strictly your fault.

I have less reasons to go to Ker'rat anymore though. Vendortrash nerf and 9.5's even more powercreep has made my build less relevant.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    not whining about it. I expected him to do that, actually, lol...

klingon honour is not to stab people in the back, but to fight as even as possible.
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's war.

Even 1-on-1 space battles is not how the Klingons wage war. Or anyone else that I can think of in Star Trek in general. The Klingons have their own sense of honor and it's not the same of some ideal Earthbound knights in shining armor with beautiful pennants flying and fair maidens watching in the stands in a field of grass, watching a tourney.

Anyways, picking a fight where the enemy is at the most disadvantaged is one of the most basic fundamentals. Your opponent earlier couldn't do the job done as normal. But he did get you later, and you crying here on the forums thoroughly proves how completely and thoroughly you lost.

On the battlefield.

And off the battlefield :D

IMO, what's dishonorable about the situation isn't so much that the KDF guy got a kill on him while he was engaged with the two Tac cubes, but rather the notion that said kill is somehow just as glorious as a kill that is scored one-on-one. If I kill someone with an armada at my back, it is NOT as glorious as if the kill is entirely my own effort. Yes, it matters that the enemy is just as dead no matter who killed him or how, but I would not deserve a medal for "shooting fish in a barrel".
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to Ker'rat.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Where the Klingons are honorless is at the Klingon Academy during the Anniversary present hunt. Instead of just checking to see whether it was a runner, many just activated them and if presents popped just ran away leaving that one out of action.

An honorable Klingon would have completed what he started instead of running away like a bIHnuch.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    not whining about it. I expected him to do that, actually, lol...

klingon honour is not to stab people in the back, but to fight as even as possible.
    I think Kor would disagree with you on that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ltminns wrote: »
    Where the Klingons are honorless is at the Klingon Academy during the Anniversary present hunt. Instead of just checking to see whether it was a runner, many just activated them and if presents popped just ran away leaving that one out of action.

An honorable Klingon would have completed what he started instead of running away like a bIHnuch.

Yeah they did that at Fed academy too. That event was me waking up at 2-3am my time to get my fed and klink done with that event.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ltminns wrote: »

But what if you are an Orion or a Gorn? It's just not practical to sit and wait for Q to finish shuffling himself.

Besides, you can tell which are which before they are activated.

OP, you are just too tied up in the idea that honorable is what you say it is. If you are going to superimpose your ideal of honor onto another player, does that in turn make you derelict in your duty and unfit for command for chasing personal glory and profit at the expense of your crew? Shouldn't you be answering distress calls or providing support and supply to colonies in need?

This is a game, and you were in a PvP zone where the red team has the ability to shoot you. You don't need to make a post about getting killed. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    The Klingon sense of honor, like so much else in Star Trek, is extremely malleable and varies from series-to-series, episode-to-episode, character-to-character. It means whatever the writers want it to mean for that particular episode. Anything can be honorable or dishonorable as long as it's a klingon saying it, and nobody questions it.

Honor, like most things, is a concept that is open to interpretation and each individual's point of view (and ulterior motives). That and nothing is more honorable than victory, especially when the victor writes the history books:D
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And when the OP runs his first klink toon and is flying a BoP guess what tactics he will use then.....

:D
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    litchy74 wrote: »
    And when the OP runs his first klink toon and is flying a BoP guess what tactics he will use then.....

:D

Exactly.

It might have been me, but I don't think I attacked anyone who was dealing with 2 Tac Cubes...
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Honor, like most things, is a concept that is open to interpretation and each individual's point of view (and ulterior motives). That and nothing is more honorable than victory, especially when the victor writes the history books:D

Flexible ethics must be real handy. :D:D:D
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I could agree if this was before the diminishing returns were removed from tactical consoles. A fed player who knows what they are doing has nothing to worry about these days when it comes to fighting a KDF ship.

I could see though if they were using a romulan ship or a lockbox ship but even with flanking they aren't anywhere as viable as a romulan/reman can be. The one fun thing to do to ppl who just carry shield heals is using a brel with bio torps/mines and watch them melt to death lol. Although enough fed players cry about those weapons they will get nerfed its the way it always has been tho. Just enjoy them while they are still usable I say :)
  • Options
    eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So I'm hunting for borg. I'm well aware of Klingons on the prowl and engaged a few. Lost some, won some...

then this klingon attacks me... in a b'ret... no alpha strike. I think it was an engineer because of his impressive heals.

I'm in an excel, with pvp weapons and after about 10-15 seconds of engaging him, I rip him a new one and proceed. He does not damage me at all.

He returns, after I eliminate a squadron of probes. He gets a shield down but I quickly adapt and destroy him even faster.

I'm thinking he gives up. I go engage a squadron of klingons in a dogfight with feds. I die. Oh well.

Then I engage the tac cubes, I'm fighting 2 tac cubes and a bunch of smaller ones. He decides to jump me then... my threat rating is high so everyone's shooting at me... and i finally die.

Seriously? you had to wait til 2 tac cubes, a bunch of cubes and whatever else in the area shoots at me, before you try to ambush me? Where's the honour in that?

pagh batlh nuch

It's Ker'rat, so it works and it's stupid not taking advantage of your opponent's difficulties

It's the same when my klingon enter in ker'rat and 5-6 fed ships attack me.

again: it's ker'rat, so it works... and I'd like having sectors and systems where feds and klingons fight for controlling the area... like on BSG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's how I fight both as fed as well as klink :D.
    There's no honor, only a happy feeling when the exploding animation starts :cool:..
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All is fair in love and war. Mainly war.

:)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    yreodred wrote: »
    Flexible ethics must be real handy. :D:D:D

The Federation has mastered this art. :P
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    omg i seen these before lol, why dose anyone TRIBBLE in the forums after Ker'rat fights? :S *plugs nose and runs* lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014

pagh batlh nuch

garak states, "When the Klingons attacked the station, Gul Dukat and I were fighting side by side. At one point, he turned his back to me, and I must admit that for a moment, he made a very tempting target."

as odo asks, "you'd shoot a man in the back?"

garak responds, "well, it's the safest way isn't it?" :D.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I think Kor would disagree with you on that.

Might I remind you that the writers wrote Kor as a commie russian? Klingon honour was more defined in the 24th century. Most Klingons are honourable.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    more like a romulan move and a move i would use also but this is coming from a romulan :D

Except a Romulan wouldn't have had to die multiple times before using this tactic. :D
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Most Klingons are honourable.

Don't make me laugh. Most Klingons talk about honour, few have it.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    honour is in the eye of the beholder ;) or in this case species
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Don't make me laugh. Most Klingons talk about honour, few have it.

This coming from the Federation, the same people who brought you the Prime directive: "The rules don't apply to me" :rolleyes:

The meaning of honor is not universal, even on Earth.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    This coming from the Federation

Nope. Don't like the Feds either. :P
    The meaning of honor is not universal, even on Earth.

Yes, you're right.
    I was talking about Klingon honour. In DS9 and TNG, the lack of Klingon honour in huge parts of Klingon society became quite clear.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Yes, you're right.
    I was talking about Klingon honour. In DS9 and TNG, the lack of Klingon honour in huge parts of Klingon society became quite clear.

Here, this may help you.
    iconians wrote: »

You are making a value judgement on another culture who may hold vastly different views on something. You are viewing through the lens of your prejudices.

Also:

The Federation is evil and filled with horrible people because some of them have been shown in some episodes doing Really Bad Things.

The Romulans are a bunch of dirty, backstabbing, narrow, xenophobic, murdering, villains because there were some Romulans on a couple of episodes who were clearly shown as such.

I am the most unbiased person....seriously. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    we need a clear definition of klingon honour!