Install Arc

Where is the KDF?

2»

Comments

• bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    They have literature....

"You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon."

- Chancellor Gorkon

That's the point I was making ... Klingons aren't all dark and dreary, the stories of Kahless the Unforgettable, as told by the Lore Singers in First City for instance.

During the early Klingon missions we get to visit a Klingon Estate, and see more colour and "life" than shown elsewhere.

So why isn't that same level of "life" and passion envisioned in First City? Or in the outfits Klingons wear?

If Qo'noS, First City and the whole Klingon faction in fact, not always shown as being so darn bleak and miserable, more players might just want to BE a Klingon or KDF.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i think the secret to finding the kdf is either being a part of one of the larger kdf fleet organisations (beautiful, orion empire, etc)

I got respect to you TehBubbaloo. You are one of the few HOBOs I can say that about but when I go farmer spotting I see those fleet names tilling the battlefields more then any one else.
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    That's the point I was making ... Klingons aren't all dark and dreary, the stories of Kahless the Unforgettable, as told by the Lore Singers in First City for instance.

During the early Klingon missions we get to visit a Klingon Estate, and see more colour and "life" than shown elsewhere.

So why isn't that same level of "life" and passion envisioned in First City? Or in the outfits Klingons wear?

If Qo'noS, First City and the whole Klingon faction in fact, not always shown as being so darn bleak and miserable, more players might just want to BE a Klingon or KDF.

The problem is though that it takes dev time and effort, something historically Cryptic are less than willing to spend on the KDF.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    The problem is though that it takes dev time and effort, something historically Cryptic are less than willing to spend on the KDF.

So we are back to the same self fulfilling prophecy again ...

But really, how much effort would be required to 'unlock" colour pallettes? Just have "One pallette to rule them all"

And how much effort really would be required to allow for customization of ship colours? Look at the RLC for instance ... I'm not talking about whole new textures or meshes, just colours, which are easily added/removed ...

And changing the lighting colours just very slightly on Qo'noS?
    Removing some of the post processing filters?

None of that is gutwrenchingly difficult or time consuming ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    None of that is gutwrenchingly difficult or time consuming ...

It is if it involves the KDF.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    It is if it involves the KDF.

Man, it is difficult. But it HAS worked for us on rare occasions.

Missions from start to endgame.

I still remember the campaign on this subforum to get us a playable B'Rel for endgame.

I still remember the campaign to get us a darker green ship texture, because before it was only the silvery-grey one and the turquoise-like texture that the Vor'Chas had from TNG. We got Type 0 out of that and recently the revamp of Type 3.

There's more but nothing like the list of demands the Feds usually got.
    XzRTofz.gif