test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crafting...........

choppy101choppy101 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Well dont know about anyone else but crafting heaps of stuff l dont need to get to a level that l can craft something l do need, is the biggest waste of my time in this game that has come out of any upgrade its an Epic fail........ Crafting is out for me now . Thanks STO :(:(:(:(
Post edited by choppy101 on

Comments

• Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    choppy101 wrote: »
    Well dont know about anyone else but crafting heaps of stuff l dont need to get to a level that l can craft something l do need, is the biggest waste of my time in this game that has come out of any upgrade its an Epic fail........ Crafting is out for me now . Thanks STO :(:(:(:(

Sounds exactly the same as nearly every crafting system in any mmo works, you make stuff -> you get more skill -> you make more stuff -> you get more skill -> you make better items

You need to actually put some time and effort into it, what did you expect to be handed everything with a pat on the head?

It is a long grind, and some of it should be reduced, my gripe with the system is the timers, they need to be either removed or shortened, but the actual process of crafting to gain skill to make better items is a non-issue to me and more than adequate.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    belidos wrote: »
    You need to actually put some time and effort into it, what did you expect to be handed everything with a pat on the head?

Having been hearing complaints for some time about having to work for stuff..... I would not be surprised at all.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sounds exactly the same as nearly every crafting system in any mmo works, you make stuff -> you get more skill -> you make more stuff -> you get more skill -> you make better items

Sounds nice doesn't it, reality is STO's is nothing like that.

Crafting items at low levels gives you:
    a) Useless trash
    b) Negligible crafting XP

The only feasible way to level up your XP is to do the 20 hr projects, which crafts nothing, nil nadda.

And guess what, they just nerfed that levelling to 25% of its former speed.

I don't see how you can defend this.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    nachtfangennachtfangen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    When the endgear items said: "Can only use One item" I pretty much tossed crafting into the bin. This is logical with things you can only use one of anyway - warp cores and the like. But weapons??? What a load of shuttle fittings and vendor trash.

Fleet trumps Lockbox trumps Reputation trumps the absolute snot out of endgame crafting.

Way to TRIBBLE up, Cryptic.
  • Options
    stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can only hope cryptic utterly ignores the forums for a few weeks until things calm down - if they don't ignore them already. The rampant whining and self-entitlement is sickening. Everyone wants everything for free and right now.
    The few posts with meaningful criticism just get drowned out in a swath of QQ posts by must-haz-it-all-in-1-click whiners. It is quite sad.

Well, i hope the mods are in full riot gear and crack down on it.:P
  • Options
    fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You did notice that there's a project you can add that purely rewards xp for a particular school yes? No unwanted junk, and uses very few mats (just 1 really common 1).
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Having to work for something is great and all but it still needs to be feasible. The leveling curve is very very steep, crafting is a huge clickfest and they keep nerfing the 20 hour project.

Yes I think we should have to work to max crafting but work and treat as second job aren't the same thing.
  • Options
    stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes I think we should have to work to max crafting but work and treat as second job aren't the same thing.

Then don't craft. You can buy all the crafted stuff on the exchange already.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    fenr00k wrote: »
    You did notice that there's a project you can add that purely rewards xp for a particular school yes? No unwanted junk, and uses very few mats (just 1 really common 1).

Great, that only makes the grind 100 days per school. What a relief. /s
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sounds nice doesn't it, reality is STO's is nothing like that.

Crafting items at low levels gives you:
    a) Useless trash
    b) Negligible crafting XP

The only feasible way to level up your XP is to do the 20 hr projects, which crafts nothing, nil nadda.

And guess what, they just nerfed that levelling to 25% of its former speed.

I don't see how you can defend this.

You just told me it didn't work the way I said and then went on to describe the process exactly as I said, baffling.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You just told me it didn't work the way I said and then went on to describe the process exactly as I said, baffling.

Read again and drop the trite remarks. You said you gain crafting skill by crafting. No you don't, unless you are a TRIBBLE. You gain crafting skill by doing research projects, which crafts nothing. So no, you are not crafting. You are clicking a button and waiting 20 hours for the next 100 days. Or paying through your TRIBBLE in dilithium.

Or maybe you like that system and are thus beyond my comprehension.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Great, that only makes the grind 100 days per school. What a relief. /s

yeah 100 days. Now imagine that some people can only login 2 or 3 days in a week... lol. He will need an entire year to level up only 1 crafting school.. really stupid lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Read again and drop the trite remarks. You said you gain crafting skill by crafting. No you don't, unless you are a TRIBBLE. You gain crafting skill by doing research projects, which crafts nothing. So no, you are not crafting. You are clicking a button and waiting 20 hours for the next 100 days. Or paying through your TRIBBLE in dilithium.

I'm not being trite, I was just baffled because the way I read it you explained it exactly how I wrote it almost.

Ok I hadn't noticed those "projects" yet, i've been happily crafting components, but it sounds to me they've just given us an extra option, we either craft items or use the option to set a project in motion to get XP without cluttering up your bags with an end product and using less resources in trade for taking extra time.

I really don't see the issue with the process, it's not much different than any other crafting system I've used apart from the timers which are the part that (as I said before) I DO agree need to either be shorter or gotten rid of.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yeah 100 days. Now imagine that some people can only login 2 or 3 days in a week... lol. He will need an entire year to level up only 1 crafting school.. really stupid lol.

LOL http://memegenerator.net/instance/52844919
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014

No, you also gain XP by crafting. The higher the Mk, the higher the XP gains. Mk X is the highest you go before you start tossing in Dil