test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Choose assignment planning recommendation focus.

camenecius#5698 camenecius Member Posts: 63 Arc User
Provide the ability to choose a recommendation focus at each level of the assignment process. There are four choices:

[LIST=*]
[*]Reward - Best percent bonus on rewards.
[*]Success - Best net effect on success probability.
[*]Critical - Best net effect on critical success probability.
[*]Balance - Best overall mix of reward, success, and critical for assignments.
[/LIST]

Add a choice on the Duty Officer Overview page that sets the default focus for all assignment recommendations. Default to Balance.

Add a button or choice to "Plan Assignment" for each focus; when selected or chosen, update the selected duty officers based on the new focus.

When changing an individual duty officer, display the best candidate for each focus (excluding balanced) at the top of the list, marked with icons or text so it's clear which officer is best for reward, success, or critical.

I never really figured out how the original Duty Officer system was recommending those three duty officers per mission slot, but I immediately missed the feeling of choice when I saw the new system simply pre-populates duty officers when planning. There's also been some discussion on the forums about how the choices are being made now. Rather than explaining the one way it works now, allow players to focus on their desired outcomes.
Post edited by camenecius#5698 on

Comments

• Options
    spike74656spike74656 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I second this.

Posted a similar suggestion here:- http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1169991
  • Options
    trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like this idea. However I think the assignments with red warnings about losing any doffs you send should be handled differently. I don't want max success or max crit for assignments that use my precious refugees or prisoners, or where you can pick 'any' current doff to be exchanged because I want to use low quailty doffs for those missions.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I suspect that's the kind of thing the devs want us to use our brains to do - that's why the the "Department Head recommendations" never gave the optimal results to begin with.

Once they've re-implemented filtering of doffs, I'll be happy to choose them manually.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.