test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can Mirror Ki'Tang use Ch'Tang skin

suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Anyone tried the new Mirror Ki'Tang BoP and could tell me whether or not the ship can use the C-Store's Ch'Tang parts for customization? I'm really tempted to switch from Fleet Norgh to this ship, but I dislike the Ki'Tang basic design, and would rather use the Ch'Tang skin.
PyKDqad.jpg
Post edited by suaveks on

Comments

• Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah it works an looks ten times better.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the info. Pitty the ship has one less boff ability than the Fleet Norgh, but I think the stats are still decent for a non-fleet ship.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Pitty the ship has one less boff ability than the Fleet Norgh, but I think the stats are still decent for a non-fleet ship.
    10% less hull and shields is a lot, too much really, mirror ships just arent competitive for PVP anyway
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    10% less hull and shields is a lot, too much really, mirror ships just arent competitive for PVP anyway

To be fair man, Birds of Prey have always been thin skinned and easy to pop. Even after the updates a few months ago to make them "tougher." It's like trying to bolt on applique armor on a wet paper bag, hoping to make the wet paper bag tougher.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    What's this "PVP" you're speaking of?

10% less is nothing in already ridiculously easy PvE. At this point, with all the power creep going on, I tend to fly ships I like the look of, WHILE remaining at least somewhat competitive. And since there's no Fleet Ki'Tang/Ch'Tang, the Mirror one is a decent alternative. All the mobs are going to blow up fast regardless of the Hull %.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Before you go and buy it or open boxes to get it, just know that its animations are broken. The ship is permanently locked in attack position, the wings never adjust. Just a heads up, I got one, and I like it a lot, except for it looks like BoPs did at launch.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Before you go and buy it or open boxes to get it, just know that its animations are broken. The ship is permanently locked in attack position, the wings never adjust. Just a heads up, I got one, and I like it a lot, except for it looks like BoPs did at launch.

Awww! That is a huge disappointment. :(
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2014
    Here are some Pics of the MU BOP with the mix-match of parts / Aegis set:

Large 3/4 shot

Smaller 3/4

Rear 3/4

Side view
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree cookie, it's a sweet ship, but I've had enough of flying ships with broken animations. My vet ships animations have been broken since November, all of the factions vet ships have been, but hey, they fixed the intrepid's animations within like a month of it being reported.
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't expect Cryptic to fix the Mirror Ki'Tang animation glitch anytime soon, look at the Fleet B'rel... been out for years and it still can't use the B'rotlh outfit and still can't use the newer 3rd option skin material while the Non-Fleet Bre' Retrofit can...