test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Xindi Trait: Pattern Recognition

sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
Dear all,

I picked up this trait on the exchange the other day and I'm still not 100% sure I understand how it works.

More specifically, I do not understand the "resilience" component.

What does "resilience" mean in the context of this trait?

Does it mean reduced shield damage (increased damaged resistance for the shields) OR reduced bleed-through?

Thanks in advance for any clarifications.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's resilience to damage. so say 20% plasma resist +10 could bring it up to 30, kinda thing. If im'm wrong about this please interject. but I believe thats what your looking at.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for the reply.

So it does not impact bleed-through?
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's resilience to damage. so say 20% plasma resist +10 could bring it up to 30, kinda thing. If im'm wrong about this please interject. but I believe thats what your looking at.

Was that based on testing?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ...so no one knows for certain?
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    It stops bleed through. It is the exact counter to the trait intense focus trait.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    atlmykl wrote: »
    It stops bleed through. It is the exact counter to the trait intense focus trait.

Was that based on testing?
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you read the detailed explanation of the skill when you slot it, it adds stacks of extra defence rating, and shield damage resistance. The Shield resistance component is like fleet shields with [Adapt] on them, just far weaker.

Just makes your shield more resilient to damage by making it harder.

AFAIK nothing reduces bleed through of shields from their starting values. Such a thing would be instant buy for everyone.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    If you read the detailed explanation of the skill when you slot it, it adds stacks of extra defence rating, and shield damage resistance. The Shield resistance component is like fleet shields with [Adapt] on them, just far weaker.

Just makes your shield more resilient to damage by making it harder.

AFAIK nothing reduces bleed through of shields from their starting values. Such a thing would be instant buy for everyone.

The problem is that the tooltips say two different things and we have the post from Bort saying...
    Short version:

1) All of the Xindi Traits are under review. Yes, some of the tooltips are wonky. We'll fix them once we decide whether or not to change their functionality. Sorry about that.

The description talks about hardening. The stat talks about resilience.

Basically would be a case of having "Tom" plinking away at "Jerry" with a low power turret or the like with the combat log on. Then would be able to see if the change in damage took place with damage to the shields or the damage to the hull because of bleed by dividing the second to last number by the last number from the two lines.

Kind of like these two truncated lines from an ISE parse...

Shield,,-568.006,-651.563
    Polaron,,72.3959,723.959

...where we see 568.006 / 651.563 gives us ~12.8% shield damage reduction.
    ...and 72.3959 / 723.959 gives us 10% bleedthrough.

Course, wouldn't want to use Polaron cause it could proc and reduce the shield damage reduction from shield power; but along those lines. So that after the person has been in combat, the trait stacks, etc...we should be able to compare the ends of those two lines to see where the change took place.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Anybody...er...been able to confirm that one way or the other?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Never mind, they clarified it with tomorrow's release notes...and fixed the %'s.