test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Contributions Gone?!

jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
My fleet is currently filling our starbase T5 upgrade. Before the 9.5 patch I could have sworn that we had completely filled the particle/data sample requirement, yet after the 9.5 patch we are now down to ZERO!

Has anyone else, come across this?
My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
Post edited by jagdhippies on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My fleet is currently filling our starbase T5 upgrade. Before the 9.5 patch I could have sworn that we had completely filled the particle/data sample requirement, yet after the 9.5 patch we are now down to ZERO!

Has anyone else, come across this?

Particles and Data Samples are no longer used in STO so this project was changed to reflect the new crafting system changes. Now your fleet has to fill it with materials.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Considering how much OTHER stuff is royally screwed up and broken in this release, I'm not surprised in the least. I'd wait it out and see if they even acknowledge there's an issue with your particular problem (no pun intended, paritcular, particles....).
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    Particles and Data Samples are no longer used in STO so this project was changed to reflect the new crafting system changes. Now your fleet has to fill it with materials.

Yeah I know they were replaced, but we are out over 4000 items that we had already contributed, that is jacked up. What flippin noob dev didn't consider fleet projects that were already slotted?

Actually I don't think it was a dev's fault, probably the company's policy of just 'just throw TRIBBLE out, forget the polish'.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If it is already in progress, just let it run, don't fill it up again.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Your progress should not have been lost during this transition. While the number of inputs required may have increased, the inputs already put into the project should not have been removed.

Can you supply me with the exact name of the project you are running?
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • asovanraasovanra Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah I know they were replaced, but we are out over 4000 items that we had already contributed, that is jacked up. What flippin noob dev didn't consider fleet projects that were already slotted?

Actually I don't think it was a dev's fault, probably the company's policy of just 'just throw TRIBBLE out, forget the polish'.

Easy does it, you can't say anything bad about developers in these forums. Even though you don't specifically call out a developer you generalized; and calling a developer a noob is worse then calling a developer a liar and you will receive a warning from a moderator. You can not criticize cryptic's employees, it honestly is considered harassment by their terms, although not justifiable in a court of law, it's justifiable in a court of cryptic.
  • jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Your progress should not have been lost during this transition. While the number of inputs required may have increased, the inputs already put into the project should not have been removed.

Well, different person and different example... but, our fleet filled "Upgrade Transwarp [whatever] to Tier V" and it's still running - but, it claims that the crafting materials for it are only about half full, it even lets you bring up the "contribute" dialog box, lets you contribute, but the window glitches and does not remove the materials from your inventory or fill the bar at all. Granted, it's still running with a day left, so we're hoping it doesn't glitch on completion.

Our other projects (standard XP projects) seem to have lost material progress, but no one thought to check before the patch to be certain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
    edited July 2014

We are running the Upgrade Starbase V, Upgrade the Starbase to Tier V. Before the 9.5 patch we had the particle/data sample section filled, now after the 9.5 patch we have 426 out of 4251 filled.

Thank you for checking into this!
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We are running the Upgrade Starbase V, Upgrade the Starbase to Tier V. Before the 9.5 patch we had the particle/data sample section filled, now after the 9.5 patch we have 426 out of 4251 filled.

Hmmm...Phoenix Legion XII member? Our SB T5 project is what you just described. When I saw the material section unfilled, I tried to start filling it, but the contribution UI popup just hung there, with no FC conversion countdown. Since it appeared to be locked, I just closed it; there appears to be no effect on the build cooldown timer in any case.
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
    edited July 2014
    Hmmm...Phoenix Legion XII member? Our SB T5 project is what you just described. When I saw the material section unfilled, I tried to start filling it, but the contribution UI popup just hung there, with no FC conversion countdown. Since it appeared to be locked, I just closed it; there appears to be no effect on the build cooldown timer in any case.

Different fleet. I did not try to contribute any crafting stuff because I have not done a mission to get the new materials yet. I am glad to hear that a couple of fleets have their countdown timers still going. I wonder what we will face, we have not filled or marks and dilithium yet so our timer has yet to start.
    edited July 2014
    I was able to contribute to the materials bucket and it worked like normal. So it seems that we have completely lost all of the particle traces that we had saved up and contributed. We went from a completely filled particle trace bucket to a completely empty materials bucket.

I looked up the release notes and the wiki, the particle trace requirements were supposed to get replaced by material requirements at a rate of 5 to 1. Instead we went from 500 particle traces (according to the wiki) to well over 4000 materials needed.

Not only did we loose our contributions but there were replaced by a requirement over 8 times as much, way more than the advertised 5 times. We got screwed twice, thanks for the usual sloppy work cryptic!
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My own fleet got our Tier 5 SB going before 9.5 was released, and a similar thing appears to have happened, the number we put it stayed the same, yet the actual requirement went up.

I can only hope that the tier 5 SB finishes properly, and we don't have to redo it or anything.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.