test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So about those new crafting DOffs...

qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Federation Discussion
I didn't ask for these. I see no reason (other than yet another money-grab) to add these to the game, rather than using existing DOffs. I've never had a need or desire to buy additional DOff slots (hence my money grab comment).

As such, I'd ask that you please give every character in the game an additional 25 free DOff slots, since we're being forced to accommodate the new system.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    qqqqii wrote: »
    I didn't ask for these. I see no reason (other than yet another money-grab) to add these to the game, rather than using existing DOffs. I've never had a need or desire to buy additional DOff slots (hence my money grab comment).

As such, I'd ask that you please give every character in the game an additional 25 free DOff slots, since we're being forced to accommodate the new system.

You're not being forced to do anything. If you don't want them then don't take them. If you want to expand your duty roster then do so this isn't a game requirement.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• danteandersendanteandersen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    askray wrote: »
    You're not being forced to do anything. If you don't want them then don't take them. If you want to expand your duty roster then do so this isn't a game requirement.

These 18 DOffs are automatically awarded to you the moment you log onto a character UNLESS you cannot accommodate the 18 DOffs because it would surpass your capacity, then it sits in your character inventory as a "DOff pack".

The only way you cannot accept them is if trying to add 18 DOffs to your duty roster automagically breaks your character's DOff roster cap and becomes a pack which can then be right clicked and discarded.

I just logged on a level 20 toon and got 18 DOffs added to it without any prompt from me, just awarded, period. And my VA on Tribble got awarded the "pack" because there was only room for 8 DOffs on their duty roster.

So, the only way that you CAN'T take them is if your duty roster can't fit all of them when you log in on that character the first time it comes on in Season 9.5.

On the plus side... 18 more common DOffs to grind into Fleet Credits for Fleet projects that need Common DOffs.

- END OF LINE
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm fairly sure you can just dismiss them if you don't need them.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    On the plus side... 18 more common DOffs to grind into Fleet Credits for Fleet projects that need Common DOffs.

- END OF LINE

as of right now... they cannot be used in fleet projects.
  • rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm fairly sure you can just dismiss them if you don't need them.

I wish I could dismiss them. Can't click and delete and nothing happens by going into the Roster, clicking the DOff and hitting the Dismiss button. At least not for me.

Probably a bug, but until I can delete these things...

Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you the Doff equivalent of Tovan Khev, the Emergency R&D Holograms.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As post #5 states, they cannot be sent into fleet projects, and I've also found out that they do not award DIL or Recruitment XP by dismissing them... 18 Doffs we can't do anything with. They're common, locked, untradeable, with no reward for dismissal... I'm assuming that they might be nice for some new lvl 12 toon, but unless you started one yesterday, they're worthless... Basically, its Cryptic at its best...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nah, they're worthless even as a new toon. Because if you're new, you have a measly 100 slots, and will need all of them to have the room to degrind doffs to get more with. A bunch of junk white doffs you cannot sell as food or degrind into food? Worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They're very much appreciated on my new character -- discard them if you don't want them.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I discarded them.

Thankfully, they were only automatically added to my Fed toon because I had "enough" available slots for the 18 holographic crafting Doffs. I'm pretty sure the 380 Doff I have covers my crafting needs should I decide to craft.

I am just happy my 3 other toons did not have enough space for those crafting Doffs to be added. Discarding all of them across 4 toon would have been F'ing annoying.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    askray wrote: »

Unfortunately, once you reach level 15, they are required. Why? The level 15 crafting projects require R&D doffs.
  • darlexadarlexa Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rnaught wrote: »
    I wish I could dismiss them. Can't click and delete and nothing happens by going into the Roster, clicking the DOff and hitting the Dismiss button. At least not for me.

Probably a bug, but until I can delete these things...

Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you the Doff equivalent of Tovan Khev, the Emergency R&D Holograms.

i dismissed all of mine, but you have to go into the roster and dismiss them there. it was a pain.
  • sardociansardocian Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, once you reach level 15, they are required. Why? The level 15 crafting projects require R&D doffs.

Except none of those white free DOffs have a R&D attribute... so still quite useless