test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ground loadouts

seazombie64seazombie64 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
Unless I am completely missing the obvious, the load-out system doesn't work for being on the ground. I thought it would when load-outs where first announced.
I personally have no other use for ship load-outs than to use them for insurance in case my tray or equipment ever gets messed up. I fly 1 ship per captain and as I upgrade the gear I just re-save the load-out. Ground is another story for me. I have a Voth setup, a Borg setup, a Tholian setup, and a "none of the above" setup...all with different armor, weapons and shields. Being able to use a load-out to change between them would be a great QoL enhancement for me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Unless I am completely missing the obvious, the load-out system doesn't work for being on the ground. I thought it would when load-outs where first announced.
    I personally have no other use for ship load-outs than to use them for insurance in case my tray or equipment ever gets messed up. I fly 1 ship per captain and as I upgrade the gear I just re-save the load-out. Ground is another story for me. I have a Voth setup, a Borg setup, a Tholian setup, and a "none of the above" setup...all with different armor, weapons and shields. Being able to use a load-out to change between them would be a great QoL enhancement for me.

It would for me as well but one thing to worry about is what happens to the Boffs when you start messing around with your equipment. I would suggest that in addition to saving your own gear, saving a ground loadout also saves the current setup of every one of your boffs (including who's up on the active roster) just so that you're not having to re-equip them or, worse, having to improvise at the last second for an FE or battlezone.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Secondly, they should fix the ship load out feature before implementing a ground one.
  • seazombie64seazombie64 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree, the BOFFS should also have their loadouts saved, as I change them as well depending on the mission. I understand that some people are having trouble with the ship loadouts, but I am not, so personally, I want a loadout system I can use/have trouble with :)
  • godimasgodimas Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Would love to see a ground loadout system too. Especially with all the new kit pieces and parts we have to play with now. Takes a while to swap from one loadout to another. Fingers crossed they release it with the next update :)
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    godimas wrote: »
    Would love to see a ground loadout system too. Especially with all the new kit pieces and parts we have to play with now. Takes a while to swap from one loadout to another. Fingers crossed they release it with the next update :)

Good, ask for a new loadout when the old one is still bugged as hell. Now, we can have 2 loadout systems that doesnt work :P
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    After they fix space loadout, ground one is very welcome.

In-game handle @Janetza