test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Equalize 2 piece damage set bonuses

nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Counter Command weapon set 2 piece bonus gives 7.5% final damage.

Nukara and Romulan weapon sets 2 piece bonuses gives 7.5% base damage.

Cryptic should equalize them so they all give 7.5% final, instead of base.
Post edited by noblet on

Comments

• Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    either that, or simply name the buff right in the first place. Make a distinction in the discription between base dmg buff or bonus dmg buff.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I dunno exactly what you mean with "base" damage, but i thought the jem hadar set and the romulan / reman one gives you 16%, not 7,5%? or the weapon set gives you 7,5 and the deflector/engine/shield set gives you 16?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    baudl wrote: »
    either that, or simply name the buff right in the first place. Make a distinction in the discription between base dmg buff or bonus dmg buff.

Description changes would work for other sets like Breen shield/engine/deflector set, as 31% final instead of base damage would be way too high. But the weapon sets that give 7.5% should all be changed to final, as 7.5% base is essentially nothing, and there's no reason why one of them would be final while the other equivalent sets for other energy types are base.
    I dunno exactly what you mean with "base" damage, but i thought the jem hadar set and the romulan / reman one gives you 16%, not 7,5%?

Jemhadar is shield/engine/deflector, not weapon, and it's base. Romulan weapon set is 7.6%, actually, not 7.5% or 16%. Typo.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I dunno exactly what you mean with "base" damage, but i thought the jem hadar set and the romulan / reman one gives you 16%, not 7,5%? or the weapon set gives you 7,5 and the deflector/engine/shield set gives you 16?

This is where the confusion of this unevenly done system sets in.

That JH polaron set bonus? It's a base damage boost in the same way as TAC Consoles.

But the bonus from Counter-Command for Phaser/Disruptor 2 piece bonus is a "final bonus" which magnifies everything. It means a far, far larger deal even though the number in the descriptor makes it seem a smaller bonus than that JH polaron boost.

The game is completely uneven in how it handles bonuses and completely obtuse in telling you what does what.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yay thanks for the clarification, btw, i edited my post because i forgot about the deflector set. :P
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yay thanks for the clarification, btw, i edited my post because i forgot about the deflector set. :P

Edit it again. Romulan/Reman engine/shield/deflector set doesn't give dmg bonus.;)