test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

C-Store R&D Packs

halxiiihalxiii Member Posts: 14 Arc User
For those looking for a leg up on their competition, Research and Development Booster Packages are available in the C-store for 300 ZEN. These packs includes: 40 R&D materials (15 common materials or better, 15 uncommon materials or better, 6 rare materials or better, and 3 very rare materials), 8 R&D components (3 Mk II or better, 3 Mk VI or better, and 2 Mk X or better) and 3 R&D catalysts that can be used to increase your effective school skill on a given project, yielding a higher chance to create a higher quality item.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
Post edited by halxiii on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd rather spend 300 ZEN on an R&D Gamble Box that might give me 3 VRs that I want than potentially have to run content they couldn't pay me to run otherwise.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And it's all optional.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Vote with your wallet guys. If the product's not worth the cost, don't buy it. Simple.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    And it's all optional.
    That's apparently reason enough to complain.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And it's all optional.

Not it's not. PWE has a phaser to my head set to vaporize me if I don't make purchases. :P
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    halxiii wrote: »
    For those looking for a leg up on their competition, Research and Development Booster Packages are available in the C-store for 300 ZEN. These packs includes: 40 R&D materials (15 common materials or better, 15 uncommon materials or better, 6 rare materials or better, and 3 very rare materials), 8 R&D components (3 Mk II or better, 3 Mk VI or better, and 2 Mk X or better) and 3 R&D catalysts that can be used to increase your effective school skill on a given project, yielding a higher chance to create a higher quality item.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray

There will be always people who will buy it, what do you think, that every player has common sense? lol.
    edited July 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    That's apparently reason enough to complain.

Unfortunately....
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Did you think that this game was free? If they don't "sell" some stuff to someone - the servers get turned off!
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I cannot gamble with rl money to it again, isn't for me.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree.

Cryptic is redoing crafting because nobody was doing it because of the Dilithium Tax, but instead of making it more appealing, it's costing us more in Dilithum and now Zen!

Random crafting grab bag reward, C-store Material packs that's random, DOFF packs for the chance to get the crafting DOFFs, Catalysts.............you know all this is making me NOT to want to do crafting. It's like the Devs hear the opposite of what we want.

Us: Less Dilithum, more fun!

Them: Oh you want to spend more Dilithum and are willing to pay for more stuff with Zen? Of course!

Us: /picard facepalm
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Take that 300 zen, exchange it to dilithium, get instant crafting leveling. It'll go much further.
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Member Posts: 249
    edited July 2014

Rule of Acquisition #10...
    edited July 2014
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    Rule of Acquisition #10...

Rule of Acquisition #190. :P
    edited July 2014
    I agree.

Cryptic is redoing crafting because nobody was doing it because of the Dilithium Tax, but instead of making it more appealing, it's costing us more in Dilithum and now Zen!

Random crafting grab bag reward, C-store Material packs that's random, DOFF packs for the chance to get the crafting DOFFs, Catalysts.............you know all this is making me NOT to want to do crafting. It's like the Devs hear the opposite of what we want.

Them: Oh you want to spend more Dilithum and are willing to pay for more stuff with Zen? Of course!

It's just a booster..just like the XP..it is not required..
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2014

You don't understand. It really is. Gotta stay ahead of the competition! Don't wanna get left behind! :D

*phaser pressed hard onto his head*

*wimper* :(
    edited July 2014

I know, I know.

It was said that if the Foundry got monetized, then it would get some attention as well. So I'll live with it. Still, it bothers me. Especially with the randomness. It's too much of a gamble to my liking.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014

And? 300 zen is 2 keys and a bit of dil. The list here is the minimum quality you can get. And is optional. If I take up the new crafting I will probably buy ten or more of these.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    or better

Such a joke. Come on Cryptic stop insulting the players. Just say what's in the damn boxes. The 'or better' is a POS and you know it.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Not it's not. PWE has a phaser to my head set to vaporize me if I don't make purchases. :P

And I thought I was the only one.

Dang F2P bullies.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    meh I'd rather have this new Romulan warbird Smirk was talking about earlier this year. I think materials won't be a bottleneck here. It's the time gated crafting advancement together with the "pay dilithium to complete it earlier" issue that annoys me.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    chalpen wrote: »
    I cannot gamble with rl money to it again, isn't for me.

there's bound to be items in the pack that you don't want and there will be items that other players get they don't want so you will surly be able to exchange unwanted stuff with other players or via the ec exchange, I cant see what your problem is.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree.

What players generally want is everything for nothing. of course you want things to cost less dilithium. who doesnt but thats not going to happen. (beyond the reductions they have already done on tribble, maybe you dont know about them yet?)

the high end weapons and gear costs dilithium in this game. which is an in game source of currency. you want the good stuff then its going to cost. do you think they are going to allow people to craft comparable gear for just a few things that have no value you can randomly acquire over time? if you want the gear you are going to have to invest valuable resources of which dilithium is the main component.

if we could not convert dilithium, i doubt anyone would have an issue. it would just be another resource like EC, or the materials, but because people have the option to speed up by buying, then for some reason you have an issue with it?

the dilithium costs have already been reduced on tribble, and these packs are optional as you can just the stuff in them from pve queues, scanning nodes, the exchange etc etc. no one is forcing you to pay anything. you can get everything in game by playing it, but it sounds like you have little interest in even playing the game for the stuff.

if you have a better system that does not undercut people who buy fleet gear or invest in the rep systems, and does not making crafting the 100% go to place, while still maintaining the fun factor, then lets hear it.
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So on top of gambling for lock box ships, we're now gambling for crafting materials? :eek:
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So on top of gambling for lock box ships, we're now gambling for crafting materials? :eek:

If you don't want to just earn them playing the game, sure. This is a classic f2p game item - cash for convenience. Either earn the items playing the game (well, except the catalysts, unless those are auction sellable), or spend some $.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kiralyn wrote: »
    If you don't want to just earn them playing the game, sure. This is a classic f2p game item - cash for convenience. Either earn the items playing the game (well, except the catalysts, unless those are auction sellable), or spend some $.

True. Just as long as it's not "Pay us or grind for 3 months to get lucky enough to get that 1 mat you need." The Convenience Level should not be huge vs grinding it out.

Too much RNG in this crafting system:
    1. RNG please give me the mat I need.
    2. RNG please give me the quality item I want.
    3. RNG please give it the buffs I want.
    This is not crafting, it's gambling. :rolleyes:
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.