test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

need a bit of help

admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
Hi guys and gals. back when I first joined STO I bought access to the foundry as a FTP, I am now a gold member, but I can not get in to the foundry. When I hit T5 Rom rep I thought I could free up a character slot by deleting the foundry character. (As well as I wanted to do a fresh start on the foundry at the same time.)

End result is Create content button is grayed out, no button for buy foundry slots, and no way to create a new foundry character.

I used the search function here but couldn't find anything useful, plus I didn't want to necro a thread. Couldn't find the answer at the Wiki or Starbase UGC either.

So the obvious question is how do I get access back to the foundry? I am pretty sure its something obvious but I cant see it.

thanks
fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
@ren_larreck
Post edited by admrenlarreck on

Comments

• thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Am I correct that you currently don't have any free character slots?

EDIT: Hang on, it may not be just you. The Create Content button is greyed out for me as well. Looks like someone may have accidentally flipped the on/off button on the Foundry.
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I concur, and the only thing that i did was let the prepatch run yesterday, I assume the same goes for you guys?
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yep. It worked yesterday, then later on when I tried to go into the foundry, it was off. I didn't even have the prepatch yet.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited July 2014
    yeah I realized right after I typed that I hadnt actually prepatched this computer yet that I was using, so thats out as a 'cause' so someone threw a switch on their side, whichi, it would be nice if someone would, you know, say something about when they do that, planned or no
    edited July 2014
    That's assuming that this was intentional.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I do have a free character slot.

hmm I prepatched as well......
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited July 2014
    So it's not you. The Foundry was apparently pulled down due to some reoccurring server errors.
  • atheismsatheisms Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I recently started playing this game and purchased gold specifically for the foundry and since I went gold it's been greyed out for me as well, any idea on when its going to be available?
  • sorojisoroji Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    When it will come back up is anyone's guess at this point. I've heard in the past it's taken a couple of weeks to come back up after a expansion/season is released.

At this point we are all waiting for it to come back up so we can fix/republish our missions and make new missions.
    edited October 2014
    It's a good thing these forums are monitored so closely and that we're able to get an expediant response to issues like these
    edited October 2014
    atheisms wrote: »
    It's a good thing these forums are monitored so closely and that we're able to get an expediant response to issues like these

Actually right now is just hte bad luck of the editor being offline because of the publish of Delta Rising. Ever since Season 4 this has been a regular thing after that....mess. Basically it is always a safe thing to assume, when a season or expansion launches, the foundry will be unavailable to play for a few days, the editor will be offline roughly 2 weeks and the review system roughly 3 weeks
    edited October 2014
    And the editor is back online NOW
    edited October 2014
    castsbugc wrote: »
    Actually right now is just hte bad luck of the editor being offline because of the publish of Delta Rising. Ever since Season 4 this has been a regular thing after that....mess. Basically it is always a safe thing to assume, when a season or expansion launches, the foundry will be unavailable to play for a few days, the editor will be offline roughly 2 weeks and the review system roughly 3 weeks

Ok that's good information to know thanks for your reply :) that should be posted somewhere so people like me who don't have the common knowledge can know lol being new I was trying to figure it out and when I submitted a ticket for it the gm responded telling me my client was bugged and didn't hint to this at all lol