test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Change of Direction...

walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
It hit me today in an ISE run that nobody ever goes to the objective on the right after killing the first cube. We always go left. Every time, left. Over and over.

Well damnit, let's change that. Go right! Mix things up a little! Every ISE I go to from now on, I'm heading right.
http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
Post edited by walshicus on

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We ALWAYS go left.

It is...the order of things... :P
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't understand the OP. How does it make sense to go... I can't even spell it out. Let'S say "non-left"?

I mean... we have to go left, don't we? If we don't, does the mission even work? Will Gozer's old dev account roll in his grave if we do that? Do you even get rewards if you do it the other way round? Will a GM come in? I mean, you never see them, but have you ever seen someone going ... not-left? I bet they are busy deleting any accounts that try that. I wonder what they'll do to people that even talk about going right?

Oh, damn, now I wrote it. Sh*t. I hope they don't notice. But what if they do? A lifetime subscription, gone forever? Aaargh. I can't think about this.

I think I'll lie down now.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You would go against...Doctrine? Blasphemy! Burn the Heretic! :P
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Break your chains, people! Be free!
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • theshushuxtheshushux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i am ashamed..
    to say .. once..
    some time ago i went ...right...
    how could i...
    NEVER AGAIN
    The original shu-shu !
  • jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Was the damndest thing, was just in a run yesterday where everyone went right.

I've never felt so perverted in my life.

I took two showers in scalding water to cleanse the shame.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
    edited July 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    It hit me today in an ISE run that nobody ever goes to the objective on the right after killing the first cube. We always go left. Every time, left. Over and over.

Well damnit, let's change that. Go right! Mix things up a little! Every ISE I go to from now on, I'm heading right.

Your dangerous swerve to the Not-Left will result in chaos and anarchy! The two posts above this one prove this! Soon, others will be influenced by your heresy and they too shall begin shooting Cubes and Generators on the Not-Left side.

The result of this? Optionals failed! Cruel words typed in the Chat window during a run! Rage quitting!

DOOM! YOU"VE DOOMED US ALL, HERETIC!
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One time I went right when everyone else went left

I got yelled at ;c
    edited July 2014
    Cruel words typed in the Chat window during a run!
    Oh dear non-existing entity, have mercy on my non-existing immortal soul! Words exchanged in chat?!!!!

It's like cats and dogs living together!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    stofsk wrote: »
    One time I went right when everyone else went left

I got yelled at ;c

That would make me want to do it more. :P

In all seriousness though, I think it is good when one person goes against the norm every now and then. Stops the rest of the team gettin too complacent. Everyone suddenly wakes up when a team mate does something unexpected. Keeps us sharp.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    People who go right are the reason why I rethink a kick function :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    Gee, thanks for giving people another way to TRIBBLE up this mission in pug. ;)
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why does everyone go left anyway, never thought about it before...
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »

Unwritten rule to get it done faster, and efficient.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Going left just feels right.

I always want to slap a big number 88 on my scimitar before going into ISE.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    walshicus wrote: »

You will now be shot as a dissenter against the state!
    cbrjwrr wrote: »

http://cfi-wiki.net/w/Turning_Tendencies

and if it's TL;DR: everything has a tendency to turn left because of how a gyroscope works.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The map is kind of confusing. And takes a long time to load into. So going left is really the only option for new players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jornado wrote: »
    Was the damndest thing, was just in a run yesterday where everyone went right.

Happened to me that once, and i was lost.. :D, i didnt know what to do.. :P
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The map is kind of confusing. And takes a long time to load into. So going left is really the only option for new players.

Yeah, the one time I went right, I had to uninstall the game out of confusion. Having the option to choose a side should really be nerfed according to Cryptic's high standard of gameplay policy.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Yeah, the one time I went right, I had to uninstall the game out of confusion. Having the option to choose a side should really be nerfed according to Cryptic's high standard of gameplay policy.

Choosing sides is bad. Faction Neutral is the future!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainzheicaptainzhei Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So, OP, you're saying that purely for the sake of being different, you're going to break from your team and possibly get the group killed and blow the optional? That's not the brightest idea I've ever heard.
    ==========================================
    Captaincy, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Bianca Beauchamp NCC-99947-F

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I actually just now because of this thread decided to log in and go right.

Have to say got some strong words thrown my way on the team chat, (next time turning the profanity filter back on) but it went well, once everyone clued in to what was going on. I think we even finished a little faster then usual.

Didn't make any friends, but I think I might to it this way from now on.:D
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    edited July 2014
    So, OP, you're saying that purely for the sake of being different, you're going to break from your team and possibly get the group killed and blow the optional? That's not the brightest idea I've ever heard.

No, it's far, far more devious than that. He says we should all - as a team, collectively - go ... not-left for a change.

He's trying to drag us all into his blasphemy!!!!!!one!!eleven
    edited July 2014
    So, if we all go to the...Not Left side...first.

The implications of this are mind blowing. It may not be heresy. But it is far too close for comfort.

Curse you, OP, for making me think instead of just mindlessly tapping the Space Bar like a a good little STO player ought to. :D
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Decisions, decisions. To follow the gourd, or to follow the shoe.

(It's a sandal!)

SHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Member Posts: 249
    edited July 2014
    A majority goes left..w hy confuse people by changing the direction.

i like it how is is.. everyone goes left nobody needs to ask ... chat is nice and quiet mission over...nice.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    Choosing sides is bad. Faction Neutral is the future!

Having factions is WAY too confusing for new players. Also since non Fed faction's don't meet Cryptic's standard of quality then they are going to be removed.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    But to be serious, it shouldn't matter which side is chosen first as long as all players in a team go to the same side. It's just chance that the left side is the one that has become the unspoken consensus instead of the opposite side--or maybe it's because we are used to reading from left-to-right and thus are conditioned to think of "left" as "first" to some degree.
  • crusaders4christcrusaders4christ Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You would go against...Doctrine? Blasphemy! Burn the Heretic! :P

Your tone is most appealing to me :D Never go Right, it is indeed blasphemy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    Your tone is most appealing to me :D Never go Right, it is indeed blasphemy.
    Just as long as you clearly understand none of my posts in this thread were ever meant to be taken seriously. ;)