What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sci Build Please Help!

vangrealvangreal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Romulan Discussion
Hello, here is my build.
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=bremonsci_0

My captain is a Romulan (FED) Science captain. I've been trying to include bridge officers with the operative trait as much as possible.

I am looking to fine tune it, right now in the Aves Dyson Destroyer. Just hit 50, so I haven't even started rep, but the assimilated console and romulan zero point console are on the shopping list. I went full Solenae for the set.

Any thoughts for gear, build, weapons, etc? I mostly play tactical captains and I'm sci-dumb.

Right now my attack run starts with decloak, Gravity Well, APB, FAW1, TS3, and then I fly in to hit em with Photonic Shockwave and then Tractor beam Repulsors. The idea being the get grouped up, debuffed, torped, shocked, and hammered.

I included my skills in the build, as I try not to go red in most skills for the little bonus it offers, when I can make something else that much better. First 3 points are worth over 50, last three are worth 15.

Thanks for the help!!! Also, I do use my aux2sif1, tss2, he1, mostly for ally heals, but if it gets rough I use em on myself too.
Post edited by vangreal on

Comments

• Options
    starsword1989starsword1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Looking at your doffs, you can add the voth doff - Graga Mal. It changes your tbr into a "pull", which keeps the dps of tbr consistent. Whilst the enemies are being pulled into you, unleash photonic shockwave (which has a meagre range of 3km).

You may use the protonic arsenal, place grav torp up front, gravity well the enemies, paired with torp spreads and you'll see dmg multipliers from rifts.

I also don't think it's a good idea using Transphasic projectiles tac consoles, switch all to boost your energy weapons instead, it benefits more of your weapons instead of just that single torp you put up front.

Just my 2 cents
  • Options
    vangrealvangreal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hmm, yeah I was thinking about that!!! TBR reverse and grav torp should bump up the aoe damage. I can switch the consoles too, the ship needs more power so my weapons hurt more, I notice they are quite weak.

Thanks!
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My first advise is that dont mix weapons. Go full tetryon or full transphasic. Transphasics are not really good when mixed with other weapons. And you should consider another set to boost your tetryons. Tetryons are always bad no matter wat, but its better to have em maxed using anything you can get.