test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Floaters and Powerboards design concept

mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Art of Star Trek Online
If I had any say in things at Cryptic, which I have not, I wouldn't have put the boards and floaters in to the game like they have done.

I would have made 5 different buy-able models of boards and floaters only. I'm talking geometric designs here. Like the different rarity models available.

Then I would make it possible to earn/buy patterns for these.

Patterns that we could recolour at the tailor or a specific NPC on Risa.
Maybe even unlock-able patches like the KDF, FED, ROM, LLAP, Fleet etc to put on them if we like to.

I would also make it possible to use any geometry for your board.

As an example:

I have bought all boards so I have a Common, Uncommon, Rare, Very Rare and Unique.

So I choose the Unique one as it is the fastest one. But I'm more of a classic surfboard type of surfer so I decide to change the parts at the NPC (just like we can do with our ships) until it looks like a Common board.

But I like the KDF pattern that was unlocked with the Unique board so I use that but change the KDF symbol patch as my toon is Gorn to the Gorn Hegemony's symbol.

I feel that is a much better approach that goes in line with Cryptic's claim to be the most customizable game company in the business.

This way players get to use floaters/boards designs they think look great with a paint-job they like. Instead of as it is now settle with what ever design the best board they managed to get has and the colour scheme it came with.

On a side note, the pattern unlock would be a great part that should have been added to the swimwear too.
Post edited by mattachine on

Comments