test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Crafting and Alts

jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
Could we get a similar system to crafting as we have with Reputation.

So a lvl 20 Master Crafter level would unlock an "Aprenticeship Token" for our alt characters, similar to the reputation sponsorship tokens.

The crafting would still need to be leveled on the ALT character, but would do so at an accelerated rate, making the system more attractive to do on more than 1 character.

This would further increase the usage of the crafting system, and reduce the grinding part of it for players who play multiple characters.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have not paid real close attention to the new crafting guidelines, are the crafted items character bound upon creation. Right now I have one toon that does all the crafting
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There are going to be "Bind on Pickup" items in the crafting system, which can only be made for your charater, but the majority of craftables in the system are going to be trade-able according to a AdjudicatorHawk in the June 24th realeasenotes.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17647151&postcount=28
    Quote:
    Can all components/catalyst/items we can craft, be traded on the exchange ?
    Yep, that too.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I support this idea. This new "crafting" seems like is going to be a pain to level up in on just one character. I don't even want to think about alts at this point and the amount of clicking it would require.

Also, dude, you've stolen my old sig pic.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    captainvallentcaptainvallent Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If the gear we make can be freely traded and put on the exchange, then why bother having an alt craft? Just have you main learn all the school and do all the work. It'd save on all the DOffs you'd end up needing anyway.
    d7s_small.jpg
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2014
    If the gear we make can be freely traded and put on the exchange, then why bother having an alt craft? Just have you main learn all the school and do all the work. It'd save on all the DOffs you'd end up needing anyway.

Because if you want the Unique crafted items or the Crafting unlockable traits on your alt, you will more than likely need to level the alt to unlock them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jivedutch wrote: »
    There are going to be "Bind on Pickup" items in the crafting system, which can only be made for your charater, but the majority of craftables in the system are going to be trade-able according to a AdjudicatorHawk in the June 24th realeasenotes.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17647151&postcount=28
    Quote:
    Can all components/catalyst/items we can craft, be traded on the exchange ?
    Yep, that too.

Which items. I've seen a few BoE but no BoP, so far, and Gecko suggested we would be able to craft something that can used by other characters to upgrade their bound gear.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There were a few things said in the P1 "Crafty Captain..." podcast that might relate to this.

Geko said they only expected the "hardcore" crafters/accolade folks to work toward 20, figuring most folks would stop "working" at 15 or so.

For me, this raised the question of does the Trait become available at 15 then?

But he also answered a question in regard to where these Traits ended up. They're going in the Personal Trait Pool - they're not going to be a separate or bonus pool. So, they're going to be competing against your other Personal Traits (as opposed to Rep Traits, Active Traits, or a separate pool).

So that's going to limit the "need" some folks will have about feeling the need to get everything to 20 (or is it 15 for the Traits?) on each and every toon...just the accolade folks will likely be going there, eh?

Which means one can take a look at there various alts and see which School or Schools they want to invest any time/effort...