test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Support missions at nebulas not currently on tribble

tinkerbelchtinkerbelch Member Posts: 138 Arc User
I just flew around to various nebula and found no support missions from duty officer assignments
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Support_Colonization_Efforts

On crit success they reward bound Purple doffs. Are they returning soon or are we getting another way to get these purple doffs?

The Technicians from B'tran being the biggest concern.
Post edited by tinkerbelch on

Comments

• Options
    signumpaxsignumpax Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Puh i hope u just had bad luck, it would be terrible if those missionnwere gone. Anyone esle had a look on this so far?
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you said, "technician doff assignment from b'tran missing"

You get some attention, as is i thought you were talking about something to do with the exploration removal on tribble...
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ty, I changed it
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Because they removed the actual nebulas, the chance of getting these was effectively halved. Frankly, the devs should have doubled the chances of getting any particular nebula missions when they decided to dump the clusters, but just deleting them was way easier and took them way less time to do.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Are you saying you have actually seen a support mission? Or is this just a theory for why I did not find any?
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just did a full tour of all clusters. No supports.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They rarely show in the sector list in my experiance on live, much more common in Ops department head tab.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wonder if there's a disconnect between the Operations Department Head and the cluster - where if you were in the cluster, it would give you additional options related to that...yet because you're in Sector, it's not pulling those as well...hrmmm.
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To me this is serious - Getting rid of the various chains that reward Purple Doffs would be a very big bad mistake in my opinion.

If they did that on purpose, I would be upset.
    If they did that by accident I'd consider it a definite required fix.
    If they didn't think of it when deciding to change clusters/nebulas, that would be a major oversight.

'Least in my opinion....
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To me this is serious - Getting rid of the various chains that reward Purple Doffs would be a very big bad mistake in my opinion.

If they did that on purpose, I would be upset.
    If they did that by accident I'd consider it a definite required fix.
    If they didn't think of it when deciding to change clusters/nebulas, that would be a major oversight.

'Least in my opinion....

Hard to say.

Because of how highly they view the value of a purple doff I would not be surprised to see them drastically increase the difficulty (or removing the ability) to get them via support missions.

Accident or oversight is also very likely. They likely didn't consider the 'double roll' possibility we enjoyed in finding those missions. Although they could have considered that 'double roll' possibility to not be working as intended just as easily and yeah.

Hard to say.
  • Options
    signumpaxsignumpax Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The mission are still there, had one today.
  • Options
    asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have had support mission too, but what I don't like it that the new cluster pop-ups just have the subset Colonial/Operations. Missing the Development and Recruitment that can also be under Operations. Also missing are all the other departments.

This will be an issue for newer players that want to do the Doff Chains since you have halved and quartered the chances of getting the mission for things like Ghost of the Jem Hadar, Caitian Flight Training, etc. Also, missing would be thing like the Haggle missions and Officer Exchanges that randomly appear only in one of 2 locations and not a general location like some of the missions.

Hopefully they readjust the odds for them appearing in the remaining sections.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Missions are there, its just we no longer have the Department Head access to the clusters that increase the odds if you missed the mission.